Crowds on Saturday's in early Dec

dpappas

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any ideas as to what to expect the crowds to be like at IOA in early December. We will be at WDW 12/9 - 12/19 and are considering going to IOA on 12/15 or 12/18. I have heard the crowds are bad at MK on Saturdays so I wondered if it might make sense to go to IOA rather than Disney on Saturday or if the crowds are bad everywhere on Saturday's.

I didn't go last week, but I heard from some friends that Hulk was a walk-on for the majority of the day. That means there should be no big crowd problems until closer to Christmas.

I will be at IOA Saturday the 8th, hopefully the crowds wont be like what it was the day after Thanksgiving. Bye the way, the 8th is my B-day incase anyone wants to bring me gifts. You can find me on the last row of the Hulk or either dragon.:D

Originally posted by Hockeyman
I will be at IOA Saturday the 8th, hopefully the crowds wont be like what it was the day after Thanksgiving. Bye the way, the 8th is my B-day incase anyone wants to bring me gifts. You can find me on the last row of the Hulk or either dragon.:D

well someone has to bring up the rear!!!!

My parts inventory has been changed by the big boys up top to 12/27-12/29 so i will probably be there 12/8. what time do you get there.?????
you must do hulk first and then dragons due to the staggered start times!!!

I will see you at dragons at 9:30

I went to IOA last Saturday. The Hulk was 5 minutes at 3 pm! Spider-Man had a 20 minute wait and the single rider line was open. I didn't check out much else, as I had a mission to get Robin a present and to check out Grinchmas.

If everything works out to plan Ill get to the park around 8. I try to leave around 5:30 from West Palm Beach. When the park opens we go directly to Hulk. From there we hit Spidey then Dr. Doom. After we go on those 3 rides we head straight back to Dueling Dragons for some serious riding. Its great theres usually not to many people around DD that time. So we just go thru the baby swap and keep riding until we get dizzy and cant feel anything. :tongue: We probably will be there around the Dragons around 9:30 but who knows. After that we go counter clock wise and hit all the water rides. Im bringing 2 newbies so it should be fun. They have no idea what to expect.

Ok i will see if i can find you, if not have a great time.:smooth:

I was there this past Saturday (12/1/01) but had the FOTL because we were staying at the HRH. I never seemed to pass too meany people except on Spiderman. The posted times were all 20 minutes and less but I doubt if any of them were more than 10 minutes. After about 4:30, I don't think that there was a line for anything. I know that we we didn't need the FOTL for anything by then and the attendents let us get off the ride and right back on again without having to exit and come back in after riding the Jurassic ride and the Dueling Dragons. Great Day!!
Eric

Hockeyman, sooory but i have to switch from saturday to sunday this weekend. I have a MIB challange to attend

look out....

NHLFAN will also be hitting the parks on 12/8 and 12/9....

I'll have the blue Florida Panthers hat on...

Yes...I still have faith in Keenan...lol

We went to IOA on 12/1 and 12/8. 12/1 the park was virtually empty. 12/8 it had alot more people. Cat in the hat had 20 minute waits and One Fish, Two Fish 30 minute waits. We stayed at PBH and had front of the line access-it was great. If you can stay onsite-I'd do so-then you don't have to worry about crowds or line waits!

according to turnstyle informants: IOA was slammed 12/8 first thing in the am. Word is that USF ticket scanners were sent over to IOA to help out with the massive surge from 9:00 till 10:00. after 10:00 it was all back to normal :smooth:

It didnt seem overly crowded a little before 9. But around 9:30 after we got off of Spidey the crowd had definetly expanded around the front of the park. There was some problem with Spiderman around that time, thats the only reason I was around that area at the time. The lines werent to bad thru out the day. They were a little longer in the morning but thinned out as the crowd spread around the park. Around 10:30 the Spidey line was outside the building but was posted at 35 min. the Hulk said 25 but that line was just inside the entrance to the building. Dr. Doom had a 20 min wait posted. Later in the day was a differrent story except for Spiderman which was still outside. We pretty much had walk-ons for most of the rides. Jurrasic Park was about a 15 min wait, Popeye was not even 5, Hulk was maybe 5 same with the Dragons. Dudley Do Right wasnt running later in the day. Overall it was a great day to ride some rides. And to cap the day off my friends had to tell the waiter at Hard Rock it was my B-day. So he made me get up on that platform in front of the bar with the statue on it and had the whole place scream happy birthday. It was all fun though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter