Crowds @ Spring Break?

Williams5

Earning My Ears
I'm an Orlando pro, but we are planning our first west coast DLR/Universal trip for Spring Break next March. I know spring break in itself is probably very crowded, but does a weekend day during spring break vs. a weekday during spring break matter at all?

Right now my plan would have Universal on a Sunday (easier drive I'm hoping).

I think it depends on when your spring break is. Most southern CA schools have either the week before or after Easter. We have the week after, so this year the first week of April; my brother's kids in LAUSD (the biggest district here) have the week before. If your break is earlier in March it won't be too bad as you'll only have the college kids to deal with. If it is last week in March, it will be bad no matter when you go. If you're planning to drive/uber/taxi from Anaheim during rush hour to/from Universal stick with the Sunday you have planned.

Thank you for that quick response! Very beneficial. I think I am just going to rent a car for the day and drive it. We are staying on Harbour Boulevard in Anaheim.

Thanks, again.

Renting a car is my preferred transportation, but another option for convenience is to just uber it. Uber will probably run you 40-50 each way. Parking at Universal is now $25 for the cheapest/farthest lot (they just raised it another $5), so with cost of rental, gas, and time waiting to pick up/drop off car it might be easier to uber.

I'm an Orlando pro, but we are planning our first west coast DLR/Universal trip for Spring Break next March. I know spring break in itself is probably very crowded, but does a weekend day during spring break vs. a weekday during spring break matter at all?

Right now my plan would have Universal on a Sunday (easier drive I'm hoping).
I logged in with the same exact question. WDW is predicted at crowd level 10 for out spring break week (March 11-17)
So I am thinking maybe we will head west and experience Universal, LEGOLAND, DLR. We have not experienced Universal LA but its on our list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!