CRT or Crystal Palace

dzaharchuk

Mouseketeer
I booked the Crystal Palace for 8:10 on a non-EMH day- when I went into the system to try and get an earlier time, the website offered CRT instead!
We hadn't even thought of trying to get it, as it was always so tough to book in the past, so I grabbed it!

I am having second thoughts, if we want to hit rope drop ( or close to it), will CRT take too long? My kids don't seem to care one way or another?!? We are on DP, and we would have to use 2 credits...am I talking myself out of it?

I am looking for people who have been to CP or CRT to give me opinions- should I keep CRT, or CP? Is my dd going to vomit on Space MT. after a big sit down breakfast?!! help!

I liked CP better than CRT. I only did CRT for my kids (my DD) who loves Cinderella. If not for that I would do CP every time.

Disclaimer: It has been a looong time since I've eaten at CP.

I've never been a fan of CP. I had family who enjoyed it, and it's quite possible the food may be nicer and the atmosphere friendlier at CP rather than CRT. I really have no opinion on that, having not been back there in ages.

But CP always reminded me of just eating at just any decent restaurant with a sunny atmosphere. It could be anywhere, aside from the characters.

CRT is eating in the castle! It's the Magic Kingdom!

I could never turn down CRT for CP. Good luck deciding! :flower3:

PS: as for your DD, I guess that depends on her tummy. I am not a thrill ride person. But I love Space Mountain. It's really rather tame as coasters go these days. I did scream, but I don't recall any queasiness. Now, OTOH, if she plans to go on the teacups after breakfast, well ...:sick:

Disclaimer: It has been a looong time since I've eaten at CP.

I've never been a fan of CP. I had family who enjoyed it, and it's quite possible the food may be nicer and the atmosphere friendlier at CP rather than CRT. I really have no opinion on that, having not been back there in ages.

But CP always reminded me of just eating at just any decent restaurant with a sunny atmosphere. It could be anywhere, aside from the characters.

CRT is eating in the castle! It's the Magic Kingdom!

I could never turn down CRT for CP. Good luck deciding! :flower3:

PS: as for your DD, I guess that depends on her tummy. I am not a thrill ride person. But I love Space Mountain. It's really rather tame as coasters go these days. I did scream, but I don't recall any queasiness. Now, OTOH, if she plans to go on the teacups after breakfast, well ...:sick:

I am coming in from the opposite side on this one. Love CP but have never eaten at CRT, not for want of trying, but because I never managed to get a ressie when I tried. Until this year oddly enough - when DD is not really interested anymore so I left it for someone else. ;)

Had I had the choice of the two a year or two ago, I would have done CRT just because it is a different experience. That said, if your kids don't care either way, I wouldn't bother about spending an extra credit on it.

Rides after a meal? Well you could always ask for the front of the coaster and explain politley that you have the best interests of the other guests at heart ...

I agree with the teacups :rotfl2: Not after a meal. DD spun me around on there last year and wanted to ride again (EMH). The CM came over and led me out, telling DD "You can ride again honey, but your mom is getting off right now" And that wasn't after a meal ....

I was going back and forth on this myself. I ended up booking CP and NOT CRT but only because we have been there twice before and honestly, the food is gross and you get very limited options. That and because it is VERY expensive and would take 2 of our credits. I do like getting into the park early though so CP seems like a better deal for us. And because we still love Cinderella, we have an ADR at 1900 PF for dinner one night. Good luck...let us know what you decide.

I was going back and forth on this myself. I ended up booking CP and NOT CRT but only because we have been there twice before and honestly, the food is gross and you get very limited options. That and because it is VERY expensive and would take 2 of our credits. I do like getting into the park early though so CP seems like a better deal for us. And because we still love Cinderella, we have an ADR at 1900 PF for dinner one night. Good luck...let us know what you decide.

Actually, that is a good idea: You could use your 2 TS credits for 2 meals and do 1900PF and CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter