Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going Thanksgiving, where HS is at "capacity" each day. I'm panicking! Thanksfully we have 1 1/2 days there (doing a partial day on our arrival day) so I'm really hoping we get a chance to do everything.
I wouldn't panic, but I'd also expect most (if not all) of the parks to be at capacity before the week arrives, not just DHS. I think you'll be able to do everything you want!

I am sooooo disappointed the Candlelight Processional has been cancelled as it was our favorite Disney activity. Allears is reporting that Disney will also not have gingerbread houses at the Grand Floridian and other resorts this year. As the fireworks are also gone, it looks like we will be cancelling our December trip this year.

I am sooooo disappointed the Candlelight Processional has been cancelled as it was our favorite Disney activity. Allears is reporting that Disney will also not have gingerbread houses at the Grand Floridian and other resorts this year. As the fireworks are also gone, it looks like we will be cancelling our December trip this year.
this was reported a couple of weeks ago and is being discussed in this forum, if you want to stay updated
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...th-new-info-starts-in-page-12.3790038/page-12

I understand the disappointment, believe me, but did you have expectations of them being able to do it this year? given the current climate etc?

There are also reports of what they are able to do - so I don't know if that makes up for it?

Neither of which were a surprise at all. Disney isn’t doing performances of anything with live action performers, and CP processional requires outside choirs and celebrities, neither of which would sign off on being in that close proximity. Gingerbread houses were also never going to work due to the cost to produce and install them and the bottleneck they cause in the resorts.

I’m sorry 😔

What Disney is offering this holiday season is not for everybody. Disney themselves announced no hotel gingerbread houses fwiw.

I just want to say it’s okay to be upset/sad/disappointed. We all have things we look forward too and cherish that just are not happening this year or even now next year. It’s going to take me some time for example to get over not being able to take part in Marathon Weekend 2021. For the past 6 years that’s an event I’ve loved more than anything. Not really because of the running but because of the atmosphere, energy, and people. I truly have made some of my best friends through that weekend. Now that doesn’t get to happen and I don’t get to see many of them.

We just need to find things that make us happy right now and do our best to help end this pandemic.

We just need to find things that make us happy right now and do our best to help end this pandemic.

Ryan is right. I'm looking at the bright side right now for both Halloween and Christmas. Like someone else said, if I didn't have an AP, I wouldn't go and pay full price right now OR encourage anyone else to buy full price tickets for less-than full offerings. BUT I do have an AP and we think (our opinion) it costs too much for our family of 4 to pay extra for the Halloween and Christmas parties. We're looking SO forward to hearing Boo to You in the middle of the day and trying Constance's wedding cake! I also nearly cried when Disney posted about the Toy Soldiers joining the Main Street Philharmonic for Christmas! I've wanted to see those guys in person my whole life! We have done the Halloween Party once, but never the Christmas party. AND they're testing fireworks tonight - maybe all will go well and they can slowly roll those out. I'm just ready to be back!

I just want to say it’s okay to be upset/sad/disappointed. We all have things we look forward too and cherish that just are not happening this year or even now next year. It’s going to take me some time for example to get over not being able to take part in Marathon Weekend 2021. For the past 6 years that’s an event I’ve loved more than anything. Not really because of the running but because of the atmosphere, energy, and people. I truly have made some of my best friends through that weekend. Now that doesn’t get to happen and I don’t get to see many of them.

THIS. If going to Disney makes you happy, DO IT. If putting up your Christmas tree in October makes you happy, DO IT. It's ok to be disappointed and your disappointment isn't "selfish" or more than/less than those suffering for other reasons.

THIS. If going to Disney makes you happy, DO IT. If putting up your Christmas tree in October makes you happy, DO IT. It's ok to be disappointed and your disappointment isn't "selfish" or more than/less than those suffering for other reasons.
Couldn’t agree more. We’ve all been dealt a bad hand this year in some shape or form. All we can do is do our best to stay healthy and try and get through this rough patch as much as possible. I really hope the people who are going to Disney enjoy it for what it is, and everyone can be safe while they do

This is especially important. Be part of your own solution and be part of our collective solution. Let’s make this go away as quickly as possible, while also taking care of ourselves, our loved ones, and each other. Some really, really need it right now.

Well said. We were planning a DisneyWorld Christmas vacation and I was having doubts about what we should do. My daughter put all doubt aside and said we need a vacation. To someone that has done Disney at Christmas it may not be worth it, but to a hard working and well worn family, it totally is. Besides it gives us an excuse to come back for the things that are not on line yet.

Yes! I agree; I just need something to look forward to. I am not taking my eight year old on my upcoming trip because I know she will be sad about the changes, but it is worth it to me to be in my happy place even with limitations.

Well said. We were planning a DisneyWorld Christmas vacation and I was having doubts about what we should do. My daughter put all doubt aside and said we need a vacation. To someone that has done Disney at Christmas it may not be worth it, but to a hard working and well worn family, it totally is. Besides it gives us an excuse to come back for the things that are not on line yet.
always take that trip, losing my Aunt last year reminded me of that... you can always make the best of it and memories along the way.

Personally I see Christmas at Disney to be a time thats more relaxing than a normal vacation. Ive only done it twice, and not for about 10 years, but it was more time at the hotel with the family than it was running around the parks. I’d love to do it again soon. That and Halloween season at DLR are on my list of seasonal Disney trips I need to make soon

always take that trip, losing my Aunt last year reminded me of that... you can always make the best of it and memories along the way.
Agree. We are saying what the heck, paying a lot of money and taking my 4 year old grandtinker again in December. Been a long year and she won't get younger so selfishly we want to see how she sees the world at 4. She's been every year so not a new thing, just a growing thing. Probably skip the world next year as we have her first DL trip planned if they ever open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter