Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked into OKW this morning. Room wasn’t ready when we arrived so went to the desk to see if others were, and they were, just not at South Point like we requested. Gladly took a room in building 62 that was ready immediately. Dropped our stuff and went for a nice walk around the resort. Love OKW. Quite a few noses out when people are just walking on the sidewalks around the resort, but CMs on golf carts are pointing and yelling as they drive by to kindly push the mask back up.

Went to the drive thru McDonalds on property for a quick lunch (haven’t had McDonalds since the beginning of March so that was quite a treat). Now just chilling for a bit before heading over to Springs for some shopping. Tomorrow is AK.

Guys, I'm working and the tv is on in the background...WDW commercials have arrived in Chicago!!! :D

Every other commercial break they show it. Of course now I can't stop whistling while I work...
It’s quite the addicting commercial!

Well said. We were planning a DisneyWorld Christmas vacation and I was having doubts about what we should do. My daughter put all doubt aside and said we need a vacation. To someone that has done Disney at Christmas it may not be worth it, but to a hard working and well worn family, it totally is. Besides it gives us an excuse to come back for the things that are not on line yet.
DH was supposed to run every Disney race (incl Castaway and Paris) in a 12 mo period, from Feb 2020 to Feb 2021. Obv all the races in that timespan have all been cancelled. We're keeping our trips though. DH works a LOT, and desperately needs breaks. If we're in town, he WILL go to work (work from home, go in at all hours). The only way to get a break is to leave town, and not have easy access to a computer. Even though he doesn't get to run in Nov, Jan, and Feb (hopefully they races will be back in April), we're still going. And we're still going over Thanksgiving. We will miss the CP but have seen it a couple times before. We'll make the best of what holiday offerings there are, and if nothing else, get to spend time together and ride some rides. (We are hoping that people still decorate their campsites - we're staying at a cabin and haven't ever seen the Ft Wilderness lights before.)

FTR - I don’t think there have been widespread cases at or from Disney. And I don’t think there will be.

As always off topic posts will be removed. This thread is for operational updates to theme parks and cruise lines.
due to Corona Virus. And I replied to a question that was posed to me. But, ok I will refrain from posting facts and try my hardest to bite my tongue and stick to the good stuff. I don't see others posting about the same topic deleted so I thought it was fine.

due to Corona Virus. And I replied to a question that was posed to me. But, ok I will refrain from posting facts and try my hardest to bite my tongue and stick to the good stuff.
Just because the title says Coronavirus doesn't mean that we can discuss anything about it. Speculating on cases stemming from the parks without evidence is a very fine line. Have there been cases in and around the parks. I have no doubt. Have there been any outbreaks? No, there is no evidence of that at this time and it is best to leave it at that. Unfortunately something that shouldn't be political very much is in this country and politics are not allowed on this site. We do not need to start something that goes down that rabbit hole. This thread has gone down that road many times and it is never good.

Just because the title says Coronavirus doesn't mean that we can discuss anything about it. Speculating on cases stemming from the parks without evidence is a very fine line. Have there been cases in and around the parks. I have no doubt. Have there been any outbreaks? No, there is no evidence of that at this time and it is best to leave it at that. Unfortunately something that shouldn't be political very much is in this country and politics are not allowed on this site. We do not need to start something that goes down that rabbit hole. This thread has gone down that road many times and it is never good.
Ok. I can respect that.

Anyone notice that Chefs de France's DisneyWorld.com webpage is now showing Hours of Operation again? No times available for today and tomorrow, but it's showing times starting Friday. Perhaps a possible reopening? I know we saw a similar pattern with Narcoossee's where they added the hours section back, loaded in hours for reopening onward, then made ADRs available a few days later. It could also be a fluke, but I'm going ask some friends at Epcot and see if anyone's heard any rumblings.

On Thursday, October 8, it goes from just showing the general park hours to distinguishing between lunch (12:30pm - 3:55pm) and dinner (4:00pm - 6:50pm), so it's possible that could be the actual reopening date and the hours beforehand are a fluke.

Anyone notice that Chefs de France's DisneyWorld.com webpage is now showing Hours of Operation again? No times available for today and tomorrow, but it's showing times starting Friday. Perhaps a possible reopening? I know we saw a similar pattern with Narcoossee's where they added the hours section back, loaded in hours for reopening onward, then made ADRs available a few days later. It could also be a fluke, but I'm going ask some friends at Epcot and see if anyone's heard any rumblings.
Oh please! My ADR are coming up Sunday and I need more options.lol

On Thursday, October 8, it goes from just showing the general park hours to distinguishing between lunch (12:30pm - 3:55pm) and dinner (4:00pm - 6:50pm), so it's possible that could be the actual reopening date and the hours beforehand are a fluke.
I’m thinking Oct 8 could be the reopening date then... (and OMG if this is true my parents will be thrilled. I’m taking them with me in Nov and they love Chefs de France. But I’m not saying a word to them unless I see an official statement, 2020 has been disappointing enough)

Last edited:

Menu looks pared down, which would be current, so it could be!

After 1.5 hours on hold to modify my tickets, I was disconnected. I used online chat and they set me up for a callback.
They just called, and I pressed “1” when prompted but the line went dead 😢

anyone know if they will try to call me again or do I have to request another call back?

I was so excited about the extra park hours this weekend. Checking now they are gone. What a letdown. I am so disappointed! 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter