Cruise booked on-board but lower price on website after return

Jack15129

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I'm posting this out here to see if anyone of you have experienced anything like this and what was the outcome.

To take advantage of the 10% discount, we booked on-board (two 5C cabins) on Nov 6th for a Jan 20, 2019 Magic sailing out of Miami. We were excited to book another cruise as our adult children would be joining us, however we were not given any pricing details at the time only a number that they said was 10% off and we just took it on faith. We got home on 11/13 and checked the Disney Cruise website where the cabins on either side of our two booked cabins were $1350. I took a screenshot and advised my TA that the amount we were charged per our reservation in no way reflected 10% off that $1350 fare. What we were charged was not even correct if you compared a $1400 fare. Well Disney agreed that they made a mistake and adjusted the reservation, but only to a base $1400 fare, not the $1350 fare we should have received. Per our TA, Disney is denying that a $1350 fare ever existed for these cabins on the cruise.

I've sent screenshots of history, the fare, and logically outlined that yes, there were $1350 fares for these.

We love our TA. She's hit a wall with them and they are not budging. I wonder if we engage Disney direct if that would do any good. I have not written direct to Disney and do not know who I would sent it too.

Does anyone have experience with this type of issue?
Who at Disney can I write to and express my dissatisfaction?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

To see historical cruise prices, I use cruisefish and for your cruise you can see at http://www.cruisefish.net/finder.md?id_cruise=109507. The price listed is based on 2 people including tax/fees with no discount. So, for the category 5C, it shows a total of $1523, which is the $1400 base fare + $123 tax/fees, which matches what Disney is telling you. Looks like your discounted on-board price for 2 people should be $2767. Are you absolutely sure you were checking the same cruise date and cabin category when you saw $1350?

Thanks for the Cruisefish tip! Cruisefish has the ship going to Cozumel and our itinerary goes to Grand Cayman. Weird.
Yes, we are sure. I just double-checked and our snip was for the 1/20/19 sailing and clearly shows cat 05C cabin quoted at $1350. Additionally the snip shows our two cabins "grayed out" as unavailable (because we booked them on the ship). We are really puzzled and it does not help that Disney made the original booking error on board, so we are being more inquisitive on this. We are mad at ourselves for not thinking to demand a pricing detail while on-board or even receive any paperwork while on-board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter