CRV a Reality? Good contracts passing ROFR

BEACHCLUBVILLAS

Mouseketeer
It looks like a lot of good contracts are passing ROFR. Do you think Disney doesn't feel they need the points for the sold out resorts because they will be offering Contemporary Villas shortly? What do you think?

I think speculation is futile. I think they will open a DL/DVC first. I think I wouldn't be interested in a CRV.

Interesting point. It will be fun to see what comes along next.

I think speculation is fun. Thanks for yours! :wave2:

I'm not so sure about CRV at the moment. After talking to my guide last week... I got the clear impression that DL would be happening soon. (I didn't get that impression about CRV.)

DL really does make sense as it would appeal to a whole new base of owners. I know we would not buy there but it would be nice to stay there every so often.

Has there been speculation on where it would be?

I've never even been to southern California so have no clue about location.
:confused3

We really would have no interest in purchasing, since we are from Western NY. ....Now the talk of AKL DVC and maybe the CR DVC have some interest to me. However I think we have enough WDW points, but would love some Vero or other beachfront.

I might consider an add on at CRV but I probably would not consider purchasing points at DL simply because it's too far away to own. I definitely would try out DL a few times and take my chances at the 7 month mark.

I think speculating in fun. If I were the gambling type, I'd wager the number of points for a night in a studio on what's next for DVC not including any additions to SSR.

I think speculation is futile.

I wonder if these folks would have agreed with that;
Walt Disney
Albert Einstein
Martin Luther King
Jonas Salk
Thomas A. Edison
Henry Ford
The Wright Bros.
Mikhail Gorbachey
Lech Walesa
Albert Schweitzer
George Washington
Ben Franklin
Clara Barton
Plus a few million others,

But I won't 'cause I'd be speculating!
:earboy2: ;)

I doubt it I think more people have gone to resale than to Disney for points at sold out resorts so they aren't in the demand they were. CR is a pipe dream that many are hoping for but I can't see it happening before the one at the golf course.

BCV23 said:
DL really does make sense as it would appeal to a whole new base of owners. I know we would not buy there but it would be nice to stay there every so often.

Has there been speculation on where it would be?
I have been "on the fence" about DVC, because we go to Disneyland more (family there & closer to Colorado). If it is true tha a DL DVC would open, can anyone speculate (or give even some idea) of where it would be? I would buy in a New York (OK, Colorado) minute!!! Any advice or rumors would be welcomed! Excited to own in CA......

We would not buy points at a CRV, but I would be tempted to do a small add on at a DLV, and go every 3rd year....

The Grand Californian has room to add a wing that would be 5 stories, about 12 rooms on each side to get to approx. 120 DVC rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter