Crystal Palace--Can You Double Dip?

SaintsManiac

Wait for it.
So I'm having trouble rescheduling my Garden Grill breakfast, since I had to flip our days around. To make up for it I booked a 10:30 Crystal Palace. I'm wondering if we'll be able to try lunch items as well.

I've read that some have been able to, but others say the lunch area is roped off to breakfast eaters.

Anyone have recent experiences?

I recently watched a vlog video the other week of a couple booking a late breakfast and they were able to sample some stuff from the lunch side of the buffet.

Here's the link to that vlog btw

Give them time. They'll probably limit it soon enough. We did the character meal at Storyteller's in the Grand Californian at DLR a couple weeks ago. And they actually roped off half of the buffet to start putting out lunch. Of course, that meant the line for any breakfast food was twice ridiculously long.

Give them time. They'll probably limit it soon enough. We did the character meal at Storyteller's in the Grand Californian at DLR a couple weeks ago. And they actually roped off half of the buffet to start putting out lunch. Of course, that meant the line for any breakfast food was twice ridiculously long.

Yep I expect nothing, but would like to try a couple of the lunch items. We got to do it at Tusker House and it was great.

I’ve experienced it at Tusker house but at Crystal Palace they closed off one side of the buffet, put out ropes and then started adding the lunch stuff so we didn’t get to do it.

I’ve experienced it at Tusker house but at Crystal Palace they closed off one side of the buffet, put out ropes and then started adding the lunch stuff so we didn’t get to do it.

bummer. I'll just have to fill up on puffed french toast ;)

Personally my favourite buffet is breakfast. I can eat enough to make lunch unnecessary and dinner a light meal. :)

I'm completely opposite. I don't enjoy breakfast at all, and usually skip it in favor of an early-ish lunch (1130).
I am not that different normally. My breakfast is usually a piece of fruit. But let me loose in a breakfast buffet and I am a man possessed. :)

However I never do this at WDW because getting to the parks early is essential with today's crowds. But let me loose in a breakfast buffet at an all-inclusive resort and the only think I need til dinner is liquid. :)

I am not that different normally. My breakfast is usually a piece of fruit. But let me loose in a breakfast buffet and I am a man possessed. :)

However I never do this at WDW because getting to the parks early is essential with today's crowds. But let me loose in a breakfast buffet at an all-inclusive resort and the only think I need til dinner is liquid. :)
For some reason, breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out. I think because it's usually so boring at home. And I agree. A breakfast buffet is something even more special. I could graze for hours if they'd let me...LOL.

Did you go during a somewhat uncrowded time? We will be there Christmas week and I cannot imagine closing one side of the buffet with as crowded as things are likely to be. I will be somewhat annoyed if we have to spend extra time in the buffet line at the end of breakfast because they are getting ready for lunch.

I wonder if they just did this while they were changing over the buffet so they don't have guests in the middle of it. At some point they have to take down the ropes and I can't see how they would police that... they are not going to leave that food sitting out a half hour before allowing anyone into it.

I wonder if once it does a full switchover to lunch if they rope off the other side while they clear breakfast and switch it over?

We did a late breakfast Thanksgiving week of 2017. While we could've sampled some of the lunch offerings, we were all so stuffed, we didn't.

Did you go during a somewhat uncrowded time? We will be there Christmas week and I cannot imagine closing one side of the buffet with as crowded as things are likely to be. I will be somewhat annoyed if we have to spend extra time in the buffet line at the end of breakfast because they are getting ready for lunch.
We were there at Spring Break/Easter time and it was very busy and crowded but they still roped off the lunch side and moved all breakfast items to the other side. I was surprised because at Tusker House there were no ropes, just a gradual food changeover.

We tried this last year and had a 10:45 ADR at Crystal Palace. They close off half the buffet about 11, but don't reopen it with lunch food until 11:30, so we were full from breakfast food by the time it opened and weren't able to truly "double dip."

This past year we did it at Tusker House and were able to with no problem. The switch out from Breakfast to Lunch is much quicker there. They move all the leftover breakfast food to the little island in the middle of the buffet area.

Crystal Palace is full nearly every day of the year, regardless of park attendance.

They do remove the rope after they’ve finished setting out lunch. You’d have to be really hanging around to double dip.

Crystal Palace is full nearly every day of the year, regardless of park attendance.

They do remove the rope after they’ve finished setting out lunch. You’d have to be really hanging around to double dip.

I'm no so much concerned about being able to double dip (we like breakfast food) as I am concerned about half of the buffet being closed. We have a 10:45 ADR and if there is any wait to be seated, it seems like we will have extra-long lines for the half of the buffet that is opened.

I'm no so much concerned about being able to double dip (we like breakfast food) as I am concerned about half of the buffet being closed. We have a 10:45 ADR and if there is any wait to be seated, it seems like we will have extra-long lines for the half of the buffet that is opened.

We had a 10:35 reservation when we were there in October. It seemed like they stopped seating people around 10:45 or so and resumed seating at 11:30. I don’t know for sure what reservation times are available there, but the restaurant was more than half empty when we were getting ready to leave, and they were just starting to seat lunch tables. It wasn’t an issue only having one side open.

You won't have particularly long lines because the people are starting to thin out. They don't reseat the entire restaurant at 10:45, there are just a handful of ADRs for that time.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I did read Josh's most recent blog about this and he said it takes a long time if you want to try lunch. I think we can fill up on breakfast enough to keep us going to an early dinner. We have After Hours that night and want to get our share of snacks :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter