"Culturious" email...interesting

kristilew

DIS Veteran
Got this email from Tuack yesterday, introducing new line of tours with them. Interesting...it looks like they're well aware that they are being looked at by disgruntled ABD customers, and they're putting in some "special touches" to try to lure us in. I haven't explored prices and dates yet, but this certainly seems appealing to me in the same way the ABD experiences have been.....

Putting an active spin on sightseeing, Tauck's new Culturious adventures are all about doing – not just seeing – the sights. They're about immersing you in the local culture of someplace new... about engaging you with authentic cultural experiences you couldn't have on your own... and rewarding you with a lifetime of unforgettable memories in the world's most wondrous places.

Experience... a hands-on pasta making class and chef-hosted lunch on Tuscany & Cinque Terre... a wine and olive oil tasting at a private working country château in Provence... horseback riding with a local vaquero on a secluded Pacific Ocean beach in Costa Rica... or spying rare black rhino in a private reserve in Namibia with the conservationist responsible for rescuing them.

Culturious journeys are big on life-changing adventures with small groups of just 16 like-minded, lucky travelers. They dazzle with awe-inspiring scenery, mouth-watering cuisine and inspirational introductions to linguists who help jump-start cultural conversations and local experts uniquely accomplished in fascinating careers in their storied destinations.

Meet... an artist who specializes in restoring antique masterpieces in Florence... an award-winning chef who reveals the delectable secrets of French cuisine... a marine environmentalist who shares his passion for paddling and wildlife in a Costa Rican paradise... or an experienced ranger who knows just where to find Africa's big game and bush art thousands of years old.

Culturious adventures include a choice of daily activities that range from lectures, wine and olive oil tastings, game drives and insider tours that stretch your imagination... to hiking, biking, kayaking and rafting adventures that challenge your boundaries. You can kick it up a notch or kick back, take part or take a pass... either way, you'll enjoy the journey.

Savor... a boat ride to a lemon-scented cliffside village in Cinque Terre... freshly baked baguettes and cheese during a chef-hosted shopping excursion to a farmer's market in Avignon... a taste of the high life in your hilltop hotel in San Jose... and afternoon tea at Bushmans Kloof in South Africa, voted #1 "World's Best Hotel" in 2009.

Culturious takes you to the finest hotels in South Africa & Namibia, exquisite villas in Tuscany & Cinque Terre, country mansions alive with joie de vivre in Provence and tropical hideaways in Costa Rica. You'll dine on regional specialties at local homes and acclaimed restaurants that celebrate a taste of local life with good food and great fun. And you'll enjoy the best each destination has to offer... without pulling out your wallet! It's all included in one inclusive, value-packed price with Tauck Culturious.

Find yourself someplace new in 2010 with Tauck Culturious.

Got this email from Tuack yesterday, introducing new line of tours with them. Interesting...it looks like they're well aware that they are being looked at by disgruntled ABD customers, and they're putting in some "special touches" to try to lure us in. I haven't explored prices and dates yet, but this certainly seems appealing to me in the same way the ABD experiences have been.....

Putting an active spin on sightseeing, Tauck's new Culturious adventures are all about doing – not just seeing – the sights. They're about immersing you in the local culture of someplace new... about engaging you with authentic cultural experiences you couldn't have on your own... and rewarding you with a lifetime of unforgettable memories in the world's most wondrous places.

Experience... a hands-on pasta making class and chef-hosted lunch on Tuscany & Cinque Terre... a wine and olive oil tasting at a private working country château in Provence... horseback riding with a local vaquero on a secluded Pacific Ocean beach in Costa Rica... or spying rare black rhino in a private reserve in Namibia with the conservationist responsible for rescuing them.

Culturious journeys are big on life-changing adventures with small groups of just 16 like-minded, lucky travelers. They dazzle with awe-inspiring scenery, mouth-watering cuisine and inspirational introductions to linguists who help jump-start cultural conversations and local experts uniquely accomplished in fascinating careers in their storied destinations.

Meet... an artist who specializes in restoring antique masterpieces in Florence... an award-winning chef who reveals the delectable secrets of French cuisine... a marine environmentalist who shares his passion for paddling and wildlife in a Costa Rican paradise... or an experienced ranger who knows just where to find Africa's big game and bush art thousands of years old.

Culturious adventures include a choice of daily activities that range from lectures, wine and olive oil tastings, game drives and insider tours that stretch your imagination... to hiking, biking, kayaking and rafting adventures that challenge your boundaries. You can kick it up a notch or kick back, take part or take a pass... either way, you'll enjoy the journey.

Savor... a boat ride to a lemon-scented cliffside village in Cinque Terre... freshly baked baguettes and cheese during a chef-hosted shopping excursion to a farmer's market in Avignon... a taste of the high life in your hilltop hotel in San Jose... and afternoon tea at Bushmans Kloof in South Africa, voted #1 "World's Best Hotel" in 2009.

Culturious takes you to the finest hotels in South Africa & Namibia, exquisite villas in Tuscany & Cinque Terre, country mansions alive with joie de vivre in Provence and tropical hideaways in Costa Rica. You'll dine on regional specialties at local homes and acclaimed restaurants that celebrate a taste of local life with good food and great fun. And you'll enjoy the best each destination has to offer... without pulling out your wallet! It's all included in one inclusive, value-packed price with Tauck Culturious.

Find yourself someplace new in 2010 with Tauck Culturious.

Is this from Tauck or Tauck Bridges? As you probably know Tauck Bridges is the Family division of Tauck.

It's actually from Tauck Culturious, a new division of Tauck. I can't find anything on the site saying "no kids" but they"re certainly not pushing it as family travel either.

It's actually from Tauck Culturious, a new division of Tauck. I can't find anything on the site saying "no kids" but they"re certainly not pushing it as family travel either.

I had emailed Tauck last year about adult only trips and the reply I recieved said that while they don't specifically have adult only trips the design of the trips for Tauck are more adult and the Tauck Bridges are family oriented or something to that effect.

These trips look interesting in that the maximum group size is only 16 and the cost isn't that high.

Ooooo... that *does* look interesting! I'm going to have to keep my eye on those!

Sayhello

Got this Tauck Culturious offer in an email today. Since there was already a thread thought I would post it for anybody who might be interested by isn't signed up for Tauck emails:

Sweet Airfare Savings to South Africa & Namibia – Save $1000 per couple ($500 per person) in coach or $2000 per couple ($1000 per person) in business class (based on availability) on all departure dates when you book South Africa & Namibia and purchase your international air travel from select U.S. cities from Tauck between January 1 – March 31, 2010.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter