Current price for AP the deal?

Vigile

Earning My Ears
When I first bought AP it was prior to my buying into DVC. When I did sign up for DVC, I was able to get a refund for the full price AP (Plat) to the DVC price (Plat Plus). Can't remember exactly, but I think paid something like $570?

Looking to renew (they expire mid-May) and it looks like the current DVC price for the Plat Plus is $704.

Does anyone have reasonable expectations that these prices will / might drop in the near future?

Thanks!

When I first bought AP it was prior to my buying into DVC. When I did sign up for DVC, I was able to get a refund for the full price AP (Plat) to the DVC price (Plat Plus). Can't remember exactly, but I think paid something like $570?

Looking to renew (they expire mid-May) and it looks like the current DVC price for the Plat Plus is $704.

Does anyone have reasonable expectations that these prices will / might drop in the near future?

Thanks!
The deal you referenced was a limited time special that ended at the beginning of Jan (platinum plus AP for the gold price). The “normal” deals for DVC members are $120 off the platinum or platinum plus AP or access to the gold AP. They also had to be activated by a certain date (end of 2018 I think). With Star Wars land launching next year my guess is the they won’t run an amazing deal again for a while.

Well, shucks.

I guess, I might as well wait until just a day or so before our next trip (May 18) just in case? Or will the fact that our current passes expire May 15 prevent us from making Fast Passes?

I believe the system will recognize that you don't have valid ticket media after May 15th so you won't be able to make FP reservations.

I believe the system will recognize that you don't have valid ticket media after May 15th so you won't be able to make FP reservations.

This is correct. OP - You will need to purchase tickets that will be valid for the dates of your trip (and link them to MDE) prior to the time you make FP+ reservations.

Just rhetorically, do you travel during the block out periods (Easter and Christmas seasons) or visit the water parks enough to justify a Platinum / Platinum Plus pass? If not, perhaps the GOLD pass will suffice? Renewal price for that, including tax is $532.50.

I agree with Carol -- if you don't travel during the block out times, the Gold pass is a great option.

It looks like the deal is back ...

Member price for a Platinum Pass – Renewal is $619.00 + tax

It looks like the deal is back ...

Member price for a Platinum Pass – Renewal is $619.00 + tax

the previous deal was platinum PLUS pass for $589 (it's now at $829).

you have gold pass (block out dates); platinum pass (no block out); and platinum plus (water parks and no block outs).

The deal from last year was platinum plus for the price of gold. As far as I can tell -- nothing has changed in the last two weeks.

This is what I see from the member site ....

View attachment 310325

The deal is not back. What you are seeing is the current DVC AP options/pricing.

Here is a screenshot of the DVC AP options/pricing *before* the recent increase.

The offer/deal (which I don’t have a screenshot of) was 25% off the Platinum Plus Pass...basically the price of the Gold Pass at $559.

E30E0DE7-8B66-4CE5-A98D-CB7871320CE1.png

the previous deal was platinum PLUS pass for $589 (it's now at $829).

The deal was Platinum Plus for $559 (+ tax = $595.34).

I'm just curious, do you have to buy the same type of pass to get the renewal price? We have Platinum passes this year and also bought DVC for the first time, and we'll get Gold passes next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter