Current Ship Staff & Movies

Disney Dream - May 8 - 12th, 2017

Captain: Henry
Cruise Director: Trent
Variety Act: Magic and Illusion with David Gatti
Movies: Moana
Born in China
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (regular/3D times)
Beauty and the Beast (regular/3D times)
Rouge One: A Star Wars Story
**a special 10-minute preview of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales also showed several times.

Disney Magic - Apr 30 - May 7, 2017, Southern Caribbean

Captain: Marco Nogara
Cruise Director: Lesley Dallas
Cruise Staff: Jamezy!
Variety Act: Magic & Comedy - Glen Foster, Physical Comedy - Max Winfrey
Dr. Strange
Born in China
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 premier
Rouge One: A Star Wars Story
**a special 10-minute preview of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales also showed several times.

Bumping for updates. If you have any recent updates, please let me know and I'll add them in the first post. All ships need updates since May. Ty!

Disney Magic - Transatlantic Port Canaveral - Copenhagen 13th May - 28th May 2017
Captain: Marco Nogara
Cruise Director: Lesley Dallas
Assistant Cruise Director: Ashley
Cruise Staff: David
Variety Act: Danny Buckler, Bret Shuford, Hector is Magic, Gary Lovini, Abbafab, John Charles, Junk, John Kimmons,
Dr. Strange
Born in China
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (premier)

Fantasy 8/5-8/12 Western Caribbean

Captain: Fabian Dib

Cruise Director: Mike
Assistant Cruise Director: Matt

Club Host Deano
Cruise Staff: Chelsea, Deirdre, Raf, Maxx, Julia, Jessie, Jay, Caitlin (Bingo), Steven, Karis, Mallory, Mars

Variety Act: Shawn Farquhar, Taylor Mason,The Great Dubois, Karen Jacobsen
(our favorite however was not a featured act, just a guitar player in the lounges, Tom Satori...he was very popular and could have been a variety act)

Movies: Spiderman Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2, Cars 3 3D, Moana (there could be more but I'm not sure)

Fantasy 8/5-8/12 Western Caribbean

Captain: Fabian Dib

Cruise Director: Mike
Assistant Cruise Director: Matt

Club Host Deano
Cruise Staff: Chelsea, Deirdre, Raf, Maxx, Julia, Jessie, Jay, Caitlin (Bingo), Steven, Karis, Mallory, Mars

Variety Act: Shawn Farquhar, Taylor Mason,The Great Dubois, Karen Jacobsen
(our favorite however was not a featured act, just a guitar player in the lounges, Tom Satori...he was very popular and could have been a variety act)

Movies: Spiderman Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2, Cars 3 3D, Moana (there could be more but I'm not sure)

Thanks Cam! How was Mike as a CD? I've not had him yet. So looking forward to our first cruise on the fantasy in just a couple of weeks!

Quick question too, @CamColt , what does it take to get a thread made a sticky? I know the questions I try to answer in this thread are ones we see people asking in independent threads a lot. I'm willing to keep this maintained if you're ever interested in making it a sticky.

Really disappointed with the movies on the Dream 3nt! No BATB, no Moana, no Born in China. My girls were disappointed. Showing in the theatres were Cars 3, the new Pirates (which was too scary for them and PG-13), and Spiderman. And Newsies, which was not interesting for them and much too long

Really disappointed with the movies on the Dream 3nt! No BATB, no Moana, no Born in China. My girls were disappointed. Showing in the theatres were Cars 3, the new Pirates (which was too scary for them and PG-13), and Spiderman. And Newsies, which was not interesting for them and much too long

Thanks for the update, do you happen to remember any of the staff/officer names? We haven't had a full update for the Dream since May. Thanks again!

Thanks Cam! How was Mike as a CD? I've not had him yet. So looking forward to our first cruise on the fantasy in just a couple of weeks!

Quick question too, @CamColt , what does it take to get a thread made a sticky? I know the questions I try to answer in this thread are ones we see people asking in independent threads a lot. I'm willing to keep this maintained if you're ever interested in making it a sticky.

We had Mike on the 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise at the end of June. From what I read on disboards afterwards, this was his first cruise as CD. I liked him and would say he's my favorite cruise director after Clayton. He had a morning show on the cruise channel, which was pretty entertaining and talked about some things going on throughout the day. We enjoyed a few activities that we had not seen offered on other cruises we've been on, including hide and seek with the officers.

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy!

Thanks for the update, do you happen to remember any of the staff/officer names? We haven't had a full update for the Dream since May. Thanks again!

Yes, we are on the 4nt now and I will update when we get back. CD is Peter from Switzerland.

Honestly, we don't have much interaction with the Cruise Director, but from what we saw of him he was really good. I don't know if they do the same spiel each cruise but when him and Matt explained the tender process on the Good Morning show on tv, they had me cracking up (each time I saw it, LOL). Also, My DH wanted to give him some feedback about a performer on the cruise and he was very approachable and took the time to listen. Nice guy with a good sense of humor. :)

As for making this a sticky, I actually think of that every time it pops back up,but of course we try to not have too many stickies overtake the board. Let me talk to Aquadame and see what we can work out. :thumbsup2

Is Mike Gibbons still on the Disney Fantasy? I know he was the acting Cruise Director but wondering if he is still there or on leave. thanks

We had Mike on the 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise at the end of June. From what I read on disboards afterwards, this was his first cruise as CD. I liked him and would say he's my favorite cruise director after Clayton. He had a morning show on the cruise channel, which was pretty entertaining and talked about some things going on throughout the day. We enjoyed a few activities that we had not seen offered on other cruises we've been on, including hide and seek with the officers.

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy!

We were on that cruise as well and pretty much had the same opinion as yourself. I think he did a really good job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter