Current State of Maingate Kissimmee Hotel (formerly Red Lion Maingate Kissimmee)

bfost87

Northern DIS'er
I've stayed here a number of times in the past, and had no problems. We've had enjoyable, clean, safe stays. They've recently changed owners, and it seems like it's just gone down hill based on the recent reviews I've read. It seems like every 2 out of 3 reviews are now 1-star, and people are leaving after one night. What a shame. Anyone else have recent experience there?

I was wondering why Red Lion wasn't showing up in my searches. I usually stay here when we arrive a day or two prior to our resort check-in. It has always been clean and welcoming. The last search I made gave a rate of $510/nite. I knew that couldn't be right. I intended to call them but we haven't nailed down our dates yet. Thanks for sharing this.

We have reservations there in two weeks. It's our go-to hotel when it's just the four of us - Mom, Dad, and 2 small kids - for a quick trip. We always request building 7 because we've always had a refurbished room in that building. Our second time there, we ended up in a older building on the far right side and it wasn't at nice. Hence, why we started requesting. We'll be back there on Spring Break because I'm at a conference and we'll be in the conference hotel a few days and need somewhere else for a few days after. When I searched Ticketsatwork.com this morning, it still comes up as Red Lion Hotel Orlando Kissimmee Maingate. It's really weird that I randomly searched Red Lion on the forums this morning just to hear other people's opinions! We're APs so we splurge a little on one or two week-long trips a year in a condo or townhouse, then do several short 3 or 4 night trips at Red Lion for $50/night. We were last there for one night only in December before our family came down and we moved to a townhouse. Our AC didn't work well, but we'd come in late after fireworks, slept hot a few hours, then got up and checked out, so I didn't complain about it. I just told the desk when we checked out.

I use ticketsatwork also and its usually the best rate for Red Lion. It didn't show up in my last few searches. I will keep checking. Its also my favorite go-to place when we arrive a day or two early before checking into our weekly resort stay. Thanks.

Why are these hotels so inexpensive? I stayed at a Red Lion in Anaheim and it was pretty darn nice for the price.

Stayed at Red Lion/Kissimmee Maingate last weekend. You can tell they are going through a transition - I had to wait FOREVER to check in. Their signage is down and the main road sign is turned backwards. The manager said they had all put 20 rooms booked so we couldn't request our favorite building that we know is refurbished. This is our go-to hotel when it's just the 4 of us for a few nights, so I really hope whoever bought them out doesn't raise the price. We typically get a room for $55 on Tickets at Work, then there's a $9 resort fee. There are so many hotels in the area, that there is some competition for a good, clean room. We stay here because we KNOW it's clean. We tried the similarly priced and starred Days Inn once and we won't be back. Luckily it was a one-night-only deal before we met my parents in Daytona!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter