Current Tour Incentives

I just called and signed up for a tour next month, I only have the one day with availability so wanted to be sure I could get a time slot. I know the gift card amounts vary. Does anyone know if I’m staying at a value resort (Sports), how much the gift card is? Thanks!

Also interested to hear what people are getting these days. I got a Dvc email saying that my vacation was “ideally timed” to have the Member Update tour, but no mention of what the perks might be. We are staying in a grand Villa with eight people, I would hope that the other family (not DVC but interested) would get some thing too? Or have they stopped giving perks?

Not an incentive but what types of paper brochures/information do they give you on the tour? We did the group seminar on a recent Disney cruise and received a folder with a brochure of point charts as well as some small pamphlets on Riviera. I was wondering if they gave you more information than that on the full tour? FWIW if you did the one on one meeting with a DVC rep on the cruise (we didn't) they gave you $25 stateroom credit per person up to $50. This was back in late Oct 2019.

Made a thread a while ago to this same question, and the general sense I got was that you shouldn’t book a tour in advance, just to show up and do it. I took the advice and it was great! Got fast passes for the whole family of 5 even though just 3 of us went, and got $150 for me and my wife in GCs.

Called this afternoon from Animal Kingdom Lodge after lunch because no one was at the DVC booth. Arranged to have someone pick us up in 20 minutes (so fast!) to take us to Riviera. Did the tour, asked questions, had a great time with Derrick. He gave us some water bottles and 4 Rice Krispie treats (!!) in a bag with the info, and also got our FP+s and GCs from the host at RIV.

I highly suggest it!

We did the tour 2 weeks or so ago. We were staying at the GF and walked by the DVC desk and "casually" stopped to pick up a brochure and flip through their book (I put casually in quotes b/c we knew we wanted to book a tour but also wanted the incentives LOL). We got $150 ($75 each for my DH and I ) and 4 FPs for us and our kids. The FP had the exceptions mentioned previously, which we actually found annoying b/c we hadn't realized and planned to use for TSL on our DHS day, so we ended up not using 2 of them due to the way our trip was scheduled and the ride exceptions. Prior to our trip I had gotten an email offering us $50 if we called and set up a tour, and we got a lithograph in our room offering us $50 to take the tour, but I knew from reading on here we could likely get more if I waited and asked during our trip in person at the resort.

We had actually wanted to take the tour, and we did end up buying in to Riviera. However I had done a lot of research ahead of time so we just wanted to see the rooms, actually hear the spiel, and get the final price spelled out for us before deciding for sure.

Also interested to hear what people are getting these days. I got a Dvc email saying that my vacation was “ideally timed” to have the Member Update tour, but no mention of what the perks might be. We are staying in a grand Villa with eight people, I would hope that the other family (not DVC but interested) would get some thing too? Or have they stopped giving perks?
Just did a member tour about 2 weeks ago. The member tour is by groups and the presentation is about 15 minutes in a grand villa. Then it takes about another 25 minutes or so to see all the rooms from the tower studios to the grand villa that you are in. There were drinks provided and we got 3 FP each for doing the tour. They will also drop you off where ever you want on WDW property.

We are DVC members.
A DVC salesperson offered my sister & BIL $150 gift cards (each!!) and 3 anytime FP each when they said they were staying in a BLT grand villa on a relative’s points. They were flying home the next day and didn’t have time, but boy did they wish they did a tour earlier in the trip!

We just did the tour. We made the appointment at the kiosk in Disney Springs and got offered $75 gift card each, 4 FP and one FP that also included Flight of Passage for a total of 5 FP each.
Did the CM offer you the incentives without you asking? Or is it something that you had to ask prior or during the tour??
Thank you for sharing.

How does this work if we're staying off property? Staying at Universal this round and want the FP incentive :earsboy:

How does this work if we're staying off property? Staying at Universal this round and want the FP incentive :earsboy:
Are you an annual passholder or have tickets to the parks? I thought you had to at least have park admission in order to use the fast passes.
DD will be going with a friend in a few months. She’s a member, he is not. Hoping they still have the FP’s. He’s already leaning towards becoming a member.

Clarification please: If you're staying at a DVC resort is your gift card worth more? Also it's best to act as if you're touring on a whim rather than book ahead?

Did the CM offer you the incentives without you asking? Or is it something that you had to ask prior or during the tour??
Thank you for sharing.

It essentially was brought up by the cast member, and when they were explaining the restrictions for the FPs they then said they would add one that would allow for FOP....I'm sure we could have pressured for more given this was the first offer but we were not really looking for the incentives and were pretty seriously pondering the purchase and had planned to take the tour regardless.....

Not an incentive but what types of paper brochures/information do they give you on the tour? We did the group seminar on a recent Disney cruise and received a folder with a brochure of point charts as well as some small pamphlets on Riviera. I was wondering if they gave you more information than that on the full tour? FWIW if you did the one on one meeting with a DVC rep on the cruise (we didn't) they gave you $25 stateroom credit per person up to $50. This was back in late Oct 2019.
We did a tour of the 'rooms' at Riviera (but at the showrooms at Saratoga Springs) in December 2019. We received a big booklet with information on all resorts (and another large booklet) on Riviera as well as a drawstring bag to hold it all. We were able to screenshot the cost of everything to consider at home with our phones (I thought that was weird) instead of printing out the specifics. And we got a nice gift card and about 3 FP per person for use on the rest of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter