Current transportation options?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I’m seeing posts here and there on transportation, but is there a summary somewhere?

We are staying at Boardwalk in September. Will walk or boat to Epcot and HS. Bus to others.

Is the monorail working On the Epcot line? Any point in riding Skyliner for us, other than to ride it?

What rides have car seats? We will have a wheelchair. I have never done Uber and I’m not sure they are even an option.

Following. we are checking into CR on 8/8 and have heard the monorail isn't running to Epcot...

If the Epcot monorail is not running then there will be substitute buses.

Boardwalk guests have no need for the Skyliner other than for a joyride.

No rides have or permit car seats; there are minimum height restrictions on some.

The stroller as a wheelchair designation (get it at Guest Relations) lets you skip the usual stroller parking area for a ride. It is still possible that your child (or anyone in a wheelchair) to need to transfer to a ride seat and you pick up the wheelchair or stroller again at the ride exit.

Last edited:
Click on your resort of choice on the following page to see current transportation options direct from Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

If you click on Contemporary, it says the Epcot Monorail is not running.

If you click on BW Villas, it says to use the Skyliner to DHS, implying boats are not running.

If you click on Poly Villas, it says boats are not running to MK; I assume that would also apply to the boats that circulate among CR, WL, & FtW. That makes sense, because they're too small to have any measure of social distancing while carrying a worthwhile number of passengers.

Last edited:

The Poly/MK resort boat is currently running. It doesn’t stop at GF (boat dock is in NBA bubble) like it normally would. It’s a larger old style model that I’ve seen before, but only during extreme crowd situations like New Years.

The Poly/MK resort boat is currently running. It doesn’t stop at GF (boat dock is in NBA bubble) like it normally would. It’s a larger old style model that I’ve seen before, but only during extreme crowd situations like New Years.
If it's neither a Launch nor a Cruiser (like MK-WL), it's probably a former DAK river cruise boat. A couple of them were refitted for occasional MK watercraft service.

When DAK opened, they circled Discovery Island, docking at Asia and near the DInoland entrance. They were discontinued after a year or two. Rumored reasons were that they were low capacity, Guests were upset when they were told it was a one-way trip and they had to get off, and there wasn't enough to see from the boat. There were 2 minor attractions along the route: a dragon cave that roared and emitted flames when the boats passed, and a group of kinetic water-spewing sculptures. The docks are now used for character greetings in non-pandemic times.

Following. we are checking into CR on 8/8 and have heard the monorail isn't running to Epcot...
Good idea OP. I just asked on another thread if we could still walk from BWV to HS, I had heard the walkway was closed when they 1st reopened. I didn't know the monorail was down. I'm glad we are renting a car this trip.

If it's neither a Launch nor a Cruiser (like MK-WL), it's probably a former DAK river cruise boat. A couple of them were refitted for occasional MK watercraft service.

When DAK opened, they circled Discovery Island, docking at Asia and near the DInoland entrance. They were discontinued after a year or two. Rumored reasons were that they were low capacity, Guests were upset when they were told it was a one-way trip and they had to get off, and there wasn't enough to see from the boat. There were 2 minor attractions along the route: a dragon cave that roared and emitted flames when the boats passed, and a group of kinetic water-spewing sculptures. The docks are now used for character greetings in non-pandemic times.
The AK boats were originally intended as transportation. However guests thought they were an attraction thus why they were upset. Before shutting them down, I think I remember them putting on "zoo keepers" with small critters and do a little talk.

Nice that they kept a few around for other purposes.

I am here now. Been very happy with resort-park buses. All three times I rode I was the only passenger (to/from different resorts and parks). I don’t believe there are buses between parks. No friendship boats at Boardwalk. Boats and ferry at MK area. Monorail just at MK area. Skyliner open but heard lines form early — you can send just one person from your party to hold a spot (not cutting in line as each party gets a gondola). I didn’t think riding monorail Was super safe, so I didn’t. Buses have been great and lots of space on boat from MK to Poly.

Has anything changed in this last month? Are the Ferry Boats from Disney's Boardwalk going to Disney's Hollywood Studios? We'll be there this coming weekend.

No Friendship boats
No Epcot monorail
If you are staying at Boardwalk you could walk to the Epcot International gate and take the Skyliner to DHS, but probably faster to take a bus (more fun to take the Skyliner though).

Buses were not good when we were there. We were stuck waiting over an hour each day we needed to use the buses. I hope Mickey18girl's experience points to improvements in the way they are being run - because they sure could use it!

No Friendship boats
No Epcot monorail
If you are staying at Boardwalk you could walk to the Epcot International gate and take the Skyliner to DHS, but probably faster to take a bus (more fun to take the Skyliner though).

Buses were not good when we were there. We were stuck waiting over an hour each day we needed to use the buses. I hope Mickey18girl's experience points to improvements in the way they are being run - because they sure could use it!

I can't speak to Boardwalk's offerings but the Yacht Club did not offer a bus to DHS (just returned home yesterday). Only options to get to DHS were to walk, take Skyliner, drive personal/rental car, take ride service or cab.

Does the Skyliner at the Epcot International Gate have a direct trip route to DHS? Or do we have to transfer at a resort? How much time should we allow to arrive at the park?

My boyfriend and I have a trip planned for the first week of November and we’re debating getting a rental car. We’ve been trying to find info on how late the buses are running because if they’re not shutting down too early we don’t think we’ll need the rental. Does anyone have more info?

Does the Skyliner at the Epcot International Gate have a direct trip route to DHS? Or do we have to transfer at a resort? How much time should we allow to arrive at the park?
You'll need to transfer at CBR. (Stay on thru Riviera.)

Total time is usually around 20 minutes, including time for the transfer and the walk to the Studios entrance. If you have to be there by a certain time, you should probably allow 30 minutes, or perhaps a bit more at park opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter