Current UOAP 15 month deal

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
Dh and I are doing a USF trip in late Jan, and I decided to buy the annual passes for us (him - seasonal, me - preferred).

I'm in the process of putting together a December trip for myself, our two college age sons, one girlfriend, and another family member. We're planning 3 Disney days and 2 USF days. The buy two-get two tickets expired part way through our trip, so they aren't going to work for us. The seasonal pass for the other 4 is $21 pp more than a 2 day park-to-park. So far, so good; leaning toward getting everyone else seasonal passes. No idea if they will get a second trip in, but if we have them it makes it more likely for us to come back. There is about a 20% chance that the family member won't be able to come with us. There is also a 100% chance that that family member won't come back to USF after this trip.

The big question: IF the other family member backs out or IF my son and his gf break up before we activate the seasonal passes, can we a) get a refund or b) hang on to them and activate for me and/or dh after our own passes expire at the end of 15 mos (mine will expire about 6 weeks ahead of his)? Or are they linked only to the person we bought them for, even they never activate them?

I am not sure, but you can contact Universal and ask that question. Their customer service is usually very good. So I’d call, send an email, or chat. That way, you will know for sure how it works after you buy a pass for someone who then cannot use it. I think when I first bought my kids passes, I thought I had to put their names for each pass I bought.

Yeah - officially your are stuck with them. I had the exact same issue and due to the whole covid situation I was able to get a refund.
I wish you could just buy the voucher without a name on it .

Best bet is to call customer service...but they will just give you the official policy.
Let us know what you find out.

Shoot, I was hoping to be able to transfer them from one name to another. I have until the end of the month to get a good idea of how this will work, I guess.

Thanks all!

Shoot, I was hoping to be able to transfer them from one name to another. I have until the end of the month to get a good idea of how this will work, I guess.
This year will probably be different, but in the past there have been weekend blockout dates for seasonal AP's at the Studios park in December due to concerts. I expect those may not happen this year, but they are still having the parade so who knows?

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but my questions also relate to the current 15-month deal, so I thought it'd be better to toss the questions here rather than in a new thread.

My wife, daughter, and my parents are coming down in December for a 4-night, 4 day stay. We currently have the buy 2 get 2 day deal selected. But there's a real good chance we'll be back next December, too -- at least myself and my wife. So we were considering jumping to passes for us two because of the extra three months thrown in on the deal currently.

We were thinking the premier passes. We've never done HHN, so we were thinking a trip during that event to take advantage of the free one-night ticket, and then being back in December again. And maybe a quick extended weekend trip thrown in somewhere along the lines.

Does that sound like the best route to go for us? I guess there's a chance after the three extra months deal passes that they offer another with more than three months, or no new deal and we miss out of that extra three months altogether. I guess also one of us could get the premier and one of us a lower and just buy a HHN ticket individually. Maybe that would save a little bit of money if we don't go for two premiers? But then one of us wouldn't get to use the express pass after 4 p.m. for one time on participating attractions.

We're out of state, but it just seems to make too much sense to get an AP if we're going to come down more than once in a year.

Any thoughts or suggestions anyone has to offer on what I had to get typed out in front of me and out of head as I contemplate the AP route?

I am out of state and get two 10 day trips a year and always go with the Power Pass AP - just have to keep an eye on black out dates. The only reason I would go with premier is the after 4Pm (Currently after 2PM) express.
I am thinking about preferred this year - its probably worth the extra.

I don't think the HHN ticket is worth it - especially for me since I typically get a multi night HHN ticket.
Ive seen a couple of the local vlogers talk about how they downgraded their Premier Passes to Preferred because the value is not currently their - if that changes they can always upgrade.

One thing this year - which Im not sure how it will work out - since their is no HHN you get to bring a guest with you 1 day (2 parks) - but how does this work next HHN - do you also get an HHN ticket? That is not clear to me. I assume one or the other.

We're from out of state, and recently started coming down in Jan each year. This is the first year annual passes make sense for us (for me esp, since I'm now bringing the kids for a Dec trip as well). I am getting preferred solely to save on parking - $25 per day adds up! hubby is getting seasonal, and if I get them for the kids (on the fence right now) they will also get seasonal. We are off-site peeps, so the hotel discounts and such don't sway me, and we are not into Horror nights.

Besides free regular parking in the garages, with your preferred, you get 10 percent off most food and merchandise Universal sells. So another good reason to have at least one family member get a preferred.

Where do you activate your UOAP? Can you do that at Citywalk, and after 6pm? The thrifty part of me says I don't want to pay for parking the day I activate... :rotfl2:

And no, it is by no means a deal breaker, I'm just looking at how much it's going to cost to take 5 people to both WDW and USF in December, and it would be nice to avoid the first day parking fee. We're staying offsite, so I can't activate at our hotel, if the Universal hotels offer that option.

I'm already having to hide the cost of the tickets from DS2's gf because she can't wrap her brain around the cost. She about fell over when I told the kids not to expect to eat at Spice Road Table or similar every night this trip. DS2 made the mistake of blurting out the cost for 4 adults to eat at Pecos Bill's the last time we took the kids to Orlando and she choked on her drink.

Quick question - I’m looking at purchasing this pass for my daughter for Christmas. If I purchase it now, does the pass start date begin when she actually uses it to get into the park or when I purchase the pass? If it doesn’t activate u til she uses it, how long can you wait to use the pass? With all of the COVID stuff still going on I’m not sure when we’ll be able to travel and go down there.

Quick question - I’m looking at purchasing this pass for my daughter for Christmas. If I purchase it now, does the pass start date begin when she actually uses it to get into the park or when I purchase the pass? If it doesn’t activate u til she uses it, how long can you wait to use the pass? With all of the COVID stuff still going on I’m not sure when we’ll be able to travel and go down there.

If you pay for the pass in full, it starts when it's first used to get into the park. But I don't know if there is a time frame on when it first must be used.

If you do the flex pay option, it kicks in immediately.

I was thinking of the flex pay until I was told about that starting the pass immediately.

Where do you activate your UOAP? Can you do that at Citywalk, and after 6pm? The thrifty part of me says I don't want to pay for parking the day I activate... :rotfl2:

And no, it is by no means a deal breaker, I'm just looking at how much it's going to cost to take 5 people to both WDW and USF in December, and it would be nice to avoid the first day parking fee. We're staying offsite, so I can't activate at our hotel, if the Universal hotels offer that option.

I'm already having to hide the cost of the tickets from DS2's gf because she can't wrap her brain around the cost. She about fell over when I told the kids not to expect to eat at Spice Road Table or similar every night this trip. DS2 made the mistake of blurting out the cost for 4 adults to eat at Pecos Bill's the last time we took the kids to Orlando and she choked on her drink.

If you have someone who can wait with your car, you can drive to the guest drop-off area (near the cinemas), let them know you have to pick something up from guest services and they will give you a short-term placard and direct you where to park. Then have one person wait with the car and the other can go in and activate their pass. Afterwards, you walk back to your car and drive to the regular parking lot and parking will be covered.

If you pay for the pass in full, it starts when it's first used to get into the park. But I don't know if there is a time frame on when it first must be used.

If you do the flex pay option, it kicks in immediately.

I was thinking of the flex pay until I was told about that starting the pass immediately.

I called and they told me this exact same thing about flex vs pay in full, however I double checked the website and it states: 15 months beginning and including the first day this pass is used under each option. I would take that to say either way you pay it starts the first day you enter the park.

They also told me you have 1 year from the purchase date to activate the paid in full pass. I’ll have to call again tomorrow to see what they say about the website and the phone calls giving differing information.

I called and they told me this exact same thing about flex vs pay in full, however I double checked the website and it states: 15 months beginning and including the first day this pass is used under each option. I would take that to say either way you pay it starts the first day you enter the park.

They also told me you have 1 year from the purchase date to activate the paid in full pass. I’ll have to call again tomorrow to see what they say about the website and the phone calls giving differing information.

Please let us know what you get told. I didn't see anything on the website specifying that, but I did a chat with them after being advised of that and I was told that is the case. I'll be interested in what you find out.

I am considering an AP because of the extra 3 months also. We are looking to stay at HRH. Since we would be checking into the hotel before activating our APs at the park, how does it work to get the AP rate?

I am considering an AP because of the extra 3 months also. We are looking to stay at HRH. Since we would be checking into the hotel before activating our APs at the park, how does it work to get the AP rate?
If AP rates are available for your date, book your room then.

Always possible prior to your stay AP rates may surface for your dates

You can call and adjust your booking rate if rooms are available.

You can show your ap to the front desk after you get your ap

This will hold your pre booked ap rate

Please let us know what you get told. I didn't see anything on the website specifying that, but I did a chat with them after being advised of that and I was told that is the case. I'll be interested in what you find out.
I just got off the phone with guest services regarding this. I purchased 2 passes under the flex plan but we are not going until next month. She confirmed that they are not activated until we go into the park for the first time. She said the payments will start but it didn't matter if we weren't going until December, they would not be activated until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!