Customer Service Said No longer able to pick up Annual Pass at Hotels?

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
I was told by Universal Resort customer service that there has been a change, and you are no longer able to pick up Annual Pass at the hotels? They said you need to go to the Park Ticket window to pick up. She asked me to hold on and checked with Guest Services in the parks and co firmed that you must pick up Annual Pass at Ticket Window instead of hotel. Has anyone else heard this?:confused::confused:
Thanks in advance!:wave2:

This is sad if true. I got mine from HRH lobby this past April. Why eliminate this if there is already a person working the ticket counter at the hotel?

If there are 2 things I've learned as an AP holder at Universal, it's this:

1.You will never get the same answer from 2 people who work there.
2.Universal, love them as I do, does not make things as easy as it should be to vacation there.

Thanks all for your responses. I will absolutely try at the hotel, but the customer service agent seemed to indicate that there was a change.

Thanks all for your responses. I will absolutely try at the hotel, but the customer service agent seemed to indicate that there was a change.

You used to be able to pick up APs at the hotel kiosks. When the new plastic APs came out they made a change and everyone had to pick up at the park ticket booths or guest services. Then they allowed you to pick them up at the ticket desks at the hotels. Perhaps the agents you dealt with were still referring to the original change. There actually have been a few.

Thanks for the heads up jerseygal

I will make some calls this week as I need to double check before I make any changes to our stickies about the ap

On the UOAP page on FB the uo rep said that all APs must be picked up at the ticket window. I think that was just today.

I upgraded my tickets to AP at RPR and then a few days later, had an AP replaced when my daughter lost hers. That was November 29 or 30th.

Just bought 3 annual passes at RPR and they are the plastic ones. She did say you have to pay in full and can not do the flex pay.

Last edited:
Was able to purchase the AP Preferred and a 2 park 2 day buy 2 free right st Sapphire Falls. I called directly to Sapphire Falls and they advised not to purchase in advance online. So very convenient went to Ticket area right across from front desk opens at 7am, showed identification for AP and off we went to the parks which avoided pick up at Ticket window in parks. Very convenient and fast! :banana:Our sons promo Ticket was printed as a hard ticket and she suggested to take a pic of promo ticket on phone in case it is lost. Really enjoyed our 1 night stay at Sapphire Falls on the AP Rate!:thumbsup2::yes::

Just two weeks ago I picked up our plastic annual passes at the Portofino hotel right outside the Club Lounge after we had breakfast on our first day.

We purchased our passes online in July. In September, we were able to check in at RPR and get our passes at the hotel. This past weekend, I lost my lanyard with my AP and EP. I was easily able to get a new EP from the front desk, she sent me over to the other desk where we had picked up our APs in September and told me they could easily print me a new one. It was NOT so easy! First, the kid questioned whether it had been paid off (yes) and seemed bothered. Then he made us go back to the room and get everyone else's pass so he could reissue mine which seemed strange. I had given him my drivers license already. It took a while and he said they never should have told me at the front desk that this was easy. I'm not sure if he was just being a pill or this is a new thing with APs. However, I was able to get it reprinted at RPR after being raked over coals. I have never lost a pass ever and don't trust the lanyards anymore! It had already come off once on a ride.

Sounds like maybe they are having some issues with fraudulent APs?

Sounds like maybe they are having some issues with fraudulent APs?

Maybe but it seems like it would be pretty hard to get away with using a stolen pass. We are new to Universal, but every time we entered the parks they seemed pretty strict with checking. Like my fingerprint didn't work at first and the gate attendant asked for my driver's license and reset everything. Maybe I'm naive but it seems like a rough day there even if you get past the initial guard (not sure how anyone could get past them) with how they check your EP with your photo everywhere. Having said that--I love how strict Universal seems, especially the bag checks.

We purchased a 2 day get 2 free promotional pass for our DS at the ticket counter at Sapphire Falls and they suggested taking a pic on our phone in case it is lost, they said it would save time if we needed a replacement it would be much easier.:banana:Thought that was good advice!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!