D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would put out autograph time for the music artists. They released the names a long time ago but not the day and time for meet and greets. I need to know if I have any conflicts. Do you guys think a lot more meet and greets will still be announced?

I've also heard that some of the bigger vendors will get people to come in and they do paid meet and greets. How do we figure out those people? Will they be listed on the app?

Isn't the arena at the ACC similar to an actual arena/stadium(ala Staples Center)? I'm surprised that as certain panels increase in popularity they don't use the arena with floor seating as well as the first level of seats, it would allow more people in. I'm guessing they aren't projecting such high crowds yet but it's something they could do in the future.

Edit: After looking at pictures it does seem slightly smaller than a standard arena, it might fit in more people than Hall D23 though. The tiered seating would definitely let most people have a decent view.

What kind of room is the D23 expo arena? Or is that on the main floor?
Room specifics haven't been released yet, but the D23 Expo Arena was the actual Anaheim Convention Center Arena in every Expo except 2015.

D23 has confirmed that Hall D23 is 6800 seats and that the D23 Arena is 3400 seats.

Isn't the arena at the ACC similar to an actual arena/stadium(ala Staples Center)? I'm surprised that as certain panels increase in popularity they don't use the arena with floor seating as well as the first level of seats, it would allow more people in. I'm guessing they aren't projecting such high crowds yet but it's something they could do in the future.

Edit: After looking at pictures it does seem slightly smaller than a standard arena, it might fit in more people than Hall D23 though. The tiered seating would definitely let most people have a decent view.

The way D23 sets up the arena is that the stage is in the middle of the floor, so that severely limits the seating (Theoretical capacity of the arena is 8000). They do it this way as they need the backstage space to hold presenters and props. As Disney is also concerned about guest enjoyment of the panel they do not sit people at extreme angles as most of the time you need to see the screens that they have. Here is a photo of the set up from previous year:

View from the stage at the seating:
6064438016_7b887819bf_b.jpg

View towards the stage:
NEI796631.jpg

I preferred the Arena to Hall D23, I am glad I saw the Sherman/Menken concert in the Arena. We sat in upper deck but could see very well. I am happy they are using the Arena and Hall D23 this year.

So true that people have very different goals and interests at the Expo.

it might fit in more people than Hall D23 though.

Just another little tidbit too. Hall D23 (Hall D of the convention center) has a theoretical capacity of 15,000 people in theatre mode. If they really need the capacity that is the way to go, not the arena, but that would require another row of screens (and no hope of seeing the stage from the back)

Anaheim convention center Exhibit Hall Capacities: http://www.anaheim.net/1135/Exhibit-Hall-Capacities

Can anyone with previous StorePass experience share their past experiences? How long were the waits to get a pass? Are you able to get a StorePass for more than one venue?
D23 Just updates their things to know page to include storepass information:
StorePass Tickets
A limited quantity of StorePass tickets will be available for priority entry to the following D23 Expo shopping locations: Disney Dream Store, Disney Store, and Mickey’s of Glendale. Guests are limited to one StorePass ticket, until inventory is depleted, for a single shopping location each day. There will be standby queues at all locations should you not receive a pass for that day.

How Does StorePass Work?

• Starting at 9 a.m., and while tickets last, visit the StorePass Distribution Center in Hall A.
  • Choose one shopping location and your preferred 30-minute timeslot between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Present your D23 Expo 2017 admission ticket to receive a same-day StorePass ticket for your chosen shopping location.
  • Arrive at the shopping location at least five minutes prior to the start of your assigned timeslot with your StorePass ticket.
  • StorePass tickets are valid only for the timeslot printed on the ticket on the day the ticket is distributed.
This means that you can only get ONE storepass per day to only ONE store and not hold one for all three stores.

In 2011 and 2013 they did put chairs on the floor of the arena. My memory of the capacity at those events was 6,000. A PP is saying it will be 3,400 this year. Not sure why the huge dropoff.

I thought the move to Hall D in 2015 with the Hall E waiting space worked soooooo much better. I remember the capacity being 7,500 in 2015 and that took a lot of pressure off trying to get into the arena. I actually preferred the setup from 2015 even though all the chairs were on the same level. It seemed there were more seats much closer to the stage.

:wizard:

My memory of the capacity at those events was 6,000.
In the past the arena had held 4000 people, and in 2013 it had the overflow room that seated 2000 people. The reason the capacity is lower this year is because there is no overflow room and the arena was refurbished in 2015 and supposedly now seats less people than before.

In the past the arena had held 4000 people, and in 2013 it had the overflow room that seated 2000 people. The reason the capacity is lower this year is because there is no overflow room and the arena was refurbished in 2015 and supposedly now seats less people than before.
Thanks for the reminder! I forgot about the overflow area. You are totally right. That 6,000 number was in my head and I remember I did not want to be in an overflow room watching live feeds. Getting one of the (4,000) seats in the arena was a challenge. The set up in 2015 for Hall D23 made it a lot easier IMO with (what I remember) there being 7,500 seats.

:wizard:

The set up in 2015 for Hall D23 made it a lot easier IMO with (what I remember) there being 7,500 seats.
Yeah last year Hall D23 was announced to be 7500 seats. This year they have announced that Hall D23 was 6800 seats (found here). I don't know why there is a 700 seat difference this year but my thoughts are:
a) They could be trying a different set up this year
b) They are not including the capacity for Sorcerers and Media in the 6800 number
c) Last expo they could not fit the 7500 seats they thought they were going to be able to fit, so this year we are getting a more accurate number

And I do agree I prefer the Hall D23 setup to the arena for the big presentations even though it is a flat room

We called and got a 12 digit disney confirmation number. I hope to goodness they didn't mess up our date. the way they do the nights is weird to me so I half expect us to be a day short on our reservation.

Now I'm a little concerned. I only got a 5 digit (numbers and letters) confirmation number when I called GCH directly to confirm my reservation. Should I be calling someone else to confirm?

Now I'm a little concerned. I only got a 5 digit (numbers and letters) confirmation number when I called GCH directly to confirm my reservation. Should I be calling someone else to confirm?
mine is an eight digit ( numbers and letters) confirmation code...

Our confirmation number from the D23 Housing Team is also 8 digits long, but I don't believe there is any reason to panic - I spoke with the resort twice yesterday and there is a reservation...the email confirmation also clearly states that the hotel WILL honor the reservation as long there is a confirmation number.

My only concern was receiving two cancellation notices tied to an error in the booking...I had two separate reservations at one point, so two cancellation emails concerned me. :rotfl: Both people I spoke with knew I existed and that I was expected on a specific date, the second gentleman even put in a room request for me when he realized I hadn't done one.

Thanks for the info. I called the main reservations line and they 3-way connected me with someone from Disney Events and Conventions. She confirmed the reservation for me and it is in fact only 5 letters/numbers. Odd.

Hello everyone, following this thread closely and thank you for providing all the tips to the show. I am attending the D23 expo solo, and was curious if others were also going solo and how their experience has been. Thanks again for the tips!

D23 Just updates their things to know page to include storepass information:
This means that you can only get ONE storepass per day to only ONE store and not hold one for all three stores.

Thank you! That last bit of info is what I was looking for. Now to decide which store I would get a pass for, if I were to even make it to get a StorePass.:scratchin

Tickets arrived today! For some reason I thought they'd be in a bigger envelope than what they actually came in, lol. Sucks they didn't include the lanyards with the tickets.

Last edited:
I'd recommend the Disney store if you have any interest in it at all. It always has the longest line.

Yeah, it's a tie for me between the Disney or the Dream stores. I'm a sucker for Imagineering merch so i'm hitting Mickeys of Glendale first without a StorePass regardless. I have not seen much of the selection from the Disney store, but what I have seen from the Dream store definitely has me leaning more towards that.

Yeah, it's a tie for me between the Disney or the Dream stores. I'm a sucker for Imagineering merch so i'm hitting Mickeys of Glendale first without a StorePass regardless. I have not seen much of the selection from the Disney store, but what I have seen from the Dream store definitely has me leaning more towards that.

I have no interest in the Disney store, so I'll get one for MOG if I can get a store pass. Dream Store usually has a relatively short line so I'll just wait for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!