Dad worried about taxi safety

DIScruisers4

Mouseketeer
A dad from one of the families we're traveling with on the 7 day western is very worried about the safety of the taxis in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. He is considering bringing car or booster seats for all three of his children (4, 6 and 8). He is not comfortable with just seat belts and, of course, will absolutely not travel in any vehicle without seatbelts. We don't want him to be stuck on the ship at these ports, and I am sure he would not find that too fun either. Therefore, I am trying to find out what others think about traveling with young children in taxis at these ports. I assume the taxis don't have car seats. but do they at least have seat belts? Do you feel that they are safe, or not? Any information to help this dad with his dilemma would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The taxi's we've had do not have seatbelts nevermind car seats. The only seat belts were in the front seat. We've always told the driver there is extra $$$ in his tip if he slows down, that seems to be the best solution we've found.

We've found this to be the case in Bahamas and Cozumel. In GC, we inquired with Captain Marvins about the seatbelts, but was told they didn't have them. ... missed the port due to bad weather anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter