Daddy/Daughter Vacation of Firsts!

pucknasty

Mouseketeer
Come one, come all!

SPOILER ALERT FOR ANY UNIVERSAL HATERS (before y'all get started)...

this report includes a stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort... but everything else is Disney! I promise!

Didn't I say this was a trip of firsts?! Well there's your first first...sounds kinda funny! But yep, we stay on Universal property! Hey, we'll get to that later!...

I guess you wanna meet the two coolest people a trip report can possibly have..?

Introducing the first half of our party

That's my father! He's an old fart, but young at heart! No seriously, he acts 15. And that's why we get along so well. He loves to act like a kid and so do I! He also used to work 3rd shift utilities at the Magic Kingdom! His Dis handle is IndianaStitch!

Sooo.. this is dad! Often referred to as "Kev"

His favorites include:
Park: Magic Kingdom
Disney Movie(s): Lilo & Stitch, The Incredibles, and Tomorrowland
Character: Stitch
Resort: The Polynesian
Ride(s): Jungle Cruise, Tower of Terror and Space Mtn.

And i suppose you'd like to know who I am? I'm Ashley and I'm a spittin' image of that guy up there..and it's scary. There have been times where we are sitting in silence and after an hour we look at each other and say the exact same thing. Kev is my best friend and I'm so glad we got to take this quick little trip.

Let me explain this photo, because I think it's great. I'm in no way a Star Wars fan but tagged along for a trip back in June to Star Wars Weekends with my mom and step dad. We had breakfast at Sci-Fi Dine In and this Clone Trooper scared the crap outta me! I was talking to my mom and step dad and turned my head and next thing I knew I was staring this guy in the face! He kept telling me he had his eyes on me and I motioned the same towards him. After that, I got out of my seat and kind of got in his face jokingly. He motioned for me to sit back down and I told him we could play musical chairs over it. He just shook his head. LOL So, I sit back down and pull out my phone to get a selfie with him and he TOOK MY PHONE AND SNAPPED 50 PICS OF HIMSELF! Then dropped it! Now, what you're seeing here is what he did next! He handed my phone back to me and picked his favorite shot of himself and set it as my backgroud. Gosh, those Troopers are VERY tech savvy ;) While he was choosing, a Jawa decided to help him out. After that, he walked away telling all the servers that I was cool. And yup, that's the story. You guys might not think it's great but it was memorable for me. I now kinda enjoy Storm Troopers. Lol

ANYWAYS.

My favorites:
Park: Magic Kingdom
Disney Movie(s): Lilo & Stitch and Meet the Robinsons
Character: Stitch
Resort: The Poly
Ride(s): 7DMT, Haunted Mansion and POC

Ok so we are pretty much alike..enough about us! Onto the important stuff!

So how did this trip come about, you ask? Well I'm gonna tell ya! I work at a Children's Museum and one day i (secretly) had my headphones in listening to music from the parks while escoring people SAFELY across the street and the music from Journey Into Imagination with Figment came on and realized how much I missed my home. Well, I also had a birthday coming up and at the time I was working two jobs. So I thought, ya know, I can probably pull this off and maybe I'll keep it a secret from Dad because I wanna take him with me since I went with my mom and step dad back in June. And ya, know, he deserves it! He has been working his butt off taking caring of my two toddler brothers who are 2 and 4.

I got off of work and went straight to my dad's and told him my plan :rolleyes1. I couldn't hide it from him and honestly, I needed his help planning. He said it would be possible, I just had to run it by step mom. So, I texted her, preparing for the worst. Had I gotten dad too hyped up? I knew she'd probably say no. I told her that for my birthday, I didn't want any gifts, I just wanted to take Dad to Florida with me..I also told her it would be a big surprise..(that was partially true, some things he didn't know about) WELL SHE SAID YES! I just had to let her know the dates and keep her in the know! Oh my gosh, I was so stoked! This was how I "surprised" him..

After that night, I looked at airfare through Allegiant, as they had just started running flights from Indianapolis to Orlando-Sanford. We actually used to live near Sanford so it would be an easy commute! Allegiant also offered a special hotel package with a few select hotels and I figured we could test out Cabana Bay because it was cheap and well, when you work your butt off and plan at the last minute, you want and need cheap! So I squared things away with both jobs and booked for the last week of September into the first week of October. September 28th-October 2nd were our vacation days.

This trip included 2 ADR's. One of them I booked and the other Dad pulled a few strings to get while we were there. We went to MNSSHP and also spent that entire day at MK. 2 Days at Disney Springs, a monorail pub crawl, and some pool time!

For starters, here are our MagicBands
Mine, I stole a design for the magical Internet:

r
and Kev's:

I'm totally new to writing trip reports so hopefully you guys enjoy this one! Until next time!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter