Daily start & end times for ABD

leannak

DIS Veteran
I assume each trip is unique but are there somewhat standard daily hours on ABD trips? I’m wondering if we (and our kids!) will be getting any sleep. :)

Without knowing specifically what trip you're talking about, in general, they give you enough time to get ready and eat breakfast. Start times vary per itinerary for the day, but I felt that most start around 9am with dinner around 6pm. It also depends on what time bags need to be outside the hotel room. Most days I was tired and in bed by 9:30pm - 10:30pm. You can also sleep on the bus in transit, as I did often :-)

I have found for our trips, most trips there is a mix of start times. Earliest is usually 7:30 a late day would be 9. most days we met by 8 or 8:30. The night usually wrapped up around 9 pm. Definitely not a ton of sleep for the kids but they have a blast!

It can vary quite a bit, the earliest I recall was a sunrise camel ride at Uluru in Australia. I thought we had to be up and ready around 4am. The night before was pretty late since we did star gazing over the Southern Hemisphere with an astronomy student. I've heard South Africa ABD has odd times for some of the safari activities. Most others are pretty standard though.

As others have noted above - it depends on the adventure. On a couple of the Back Stage Magic ABD's we've done, we had to meet at something like 6 am one morning. Also, expect to have some events run late into the evening/night, combined with an early get up the next day.

You definitely don't want to start an ABD sleep deprived so plan on getting to the starting city a day or two early to adjust to local time and/or jet lag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter