Dance Recital Success Story!

Stacey2grls

<font color=blue>Am currently on a "see food" diet
Yesterday was my DD 5 first dance recital. She did awesome! She knew all of her steps for 2 numbers and she wasn't afraid to be on stage! She had to endure 2 1/2 hours of sitting in the back of the auditorium with the other dancers in between numbers, without me being there, (no parents allowed) very loud music, flashing lights, she held herself together! I know this sounds like no big deal, millions of little girls have their dance recitals every year and do fine, but my daughter has pretty serious ADHD, and sensory integration dysfunction, and lots of sensitivities and fears. No words could ever describe how happy I was to see her do beautifully and act like every other kid. It was a so special. Finally, after 3 years of therapies, school since she was 2, she finally had her day in the sun! Thank you for letting me brag about my dancer!

That's great. A recital can be challenging. Don't think i would want to do it.
Last year my friends daughter spooked just before her trick for her dance number & just grabbed up her pillow and ran offstage. But it was still so cute!
NOt that her Mom was happy.

Off to practice words for DD's recital next week.

Congrats on a successful dance recital. I have 3 girls 5, 7, and 9 and every year I sit in my seat and just hope and pray when the curtain opens they will be on the stage and will be able to do their routine. I can't even imagine adding your special circumstances how nervous you must have been. Congrats to your daughter and you too :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Suzannne

Congratulations to your daughter.
Much pixie dust to her. :wizard:
Congratulations to you also. Always hard to watch from the audience. :flower:

Yes, she did get a reward, roses, a ballerina doll and star wars action figures, I know, strange, but it was what she wanted. Thank you all for your positive responses.

Your daughter must be very proud of herself. That is quite a lot to contend with, even without any special challenges.
My DD and I were recently in a dance recital too, so I can appreiciate your excitement at your DD's success.

It gave me gossebumps redaing your post.

You must have been SO proud of your DD :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter