Danube River Cruise Meets Thread

Inaugural member cruisers, I heard that there was a code or something from the guides, with all the pictures they took. Is this true?
For us, the code was on the "Adventurer" from the last night of the cruise.

Sayhello

Think I've forgotten to officially announce we're on the last trip of the year (12/22-29 plus Prague add on). Although my ticker has reflected it for a while :)

Sayhello
Hi there! Are the pictures still up? We weren't aware of this and have been waiting all this time to get the code to see our pictures! (Group of 6, and none of us knew this!)

Hi there! Are the pictures still up? We weren't aware of this and have been waiting all this time to get the code to see our pictures! (Group of 6, and none of us knew this!)
UGH, just found it. Will go to look....
They're still out there, because there was a mixup & issue with the photos from the Prague add-on. They're supposed to be out there until 11/2/16. I was just looking at them yesterday, and they were still out there.

Let me know if you have any issues accessing them!

Sayhello

Sayhello
OH MY GOSH! One hour in to looking at these pictures and reliving what a great time it was! There sure are some great ones of you!!!! Fun stuff, fun memories, right? :) Onward, not even half way through!!!!

They're still out there, because there was a mixup & issue with the photos from the Prague add-on. They're supposed to be out there until 11/2/16. I was just looking at them yesterday, and they were still out there.

Let me know if you have any issues accessing them!

Sayhello
Thanks! OH MY GOSH! I've been looking at these pictures for an hour now and reliving what a great time it was! There sure are some great ones of you, Sayhello!!!! Fun stuff, fun memories, right? :) Onward, so much fun going through these!!!! (as always, thanks for being your helpful self!!!) <3

Thanks! OH MY GOSH! I've been looking at these pictures for an hour now and reliving what a great time it was! There sure are some great ones of you, Sayhello!!!! Fun stuff, fun memories, right? :) Onward, so much fun going through these!!!! (as always, thanks for being your helpful self!!!) <3
You are really quite welcome! :)

You're going to have to PM me your RL name, because I'm getting senile, and can't remember which folks you represent. :) Bad Sayhello!

They *are* just wonderful to look through! Although it's odd having so many photos of places & things that happened that I wasn't at...

Sayhello

Just booked the December 20-27, 2017 Danube Christmas market cruise......... looking forward to reading about this years Christmas market cruises....

Us too! Excited about the Christmas markets. We did Viva Italia ABD Christmas 2014 and it was magical. My 'kids' will be adults this trip so that will be something in itself LOL!

Anyone signed up for the summer 2017 Danube cruises yet? Plan on booking one of them now that disney is running a special. Just not sure which dates just yet. We have a (then) 11 and 7 year old going with us, so family,y of 4.

Anyone on the past cruises this summer book 2 separate rooms or connecting rooms if you had 4+ in your party? How did that work out?

Also...did you use a TA to book your river cruise? I have an Italy ABD in May and used Dreams Unlimited to book that. Was thinking of using them again to book the Danube cruise. Just wondered what everyone else did.

While I did not use DU for our Holiday Danube cruise because when DH decided his heart was set upon it...the darn thing was sold out so I was checking the website multiple times a day for an available cabin- didn't want a TA to have to do that! However, for our Rhine Holiday river cruise we did book through DU.

Hi,
Just booked the Dec 22-29 Holiday Danube River Cruise. 1st ABD ever... It's me and my DD(10). Please let me know if there is a meet or a fb group and any information/trip report? It'll be highly appreciated.
Thanks

OK, here it is! The Meets Thread for the new ABD Danube River cruises! Post here to talk & share about this trip and hopefully connect with other DISers on the same departure.

Roll Call:

Current:
  • Jul 7 - 14, 2016 (DVC cruise)
    • - calypso726 & W@LL-E (DH)
    • - JimB & DW
    • - engle, DH, & another couple
    • - jeneric997, DH, DD (16) & DD (12 almost 13)
    • - tatafernow (Mary), Sheila, their 2 girls Haley (21) & Taylor (19), her brother & his wife & her sister & sister's sig other
    • - DVC doc & partner (33), DVC doc's parents & sister (25)
  • Jul 14 - 21, 2016 - tsgirl, husband & 3 older daughters (18, 22, & 24)
  • Jul 21 - 28, 2016
    • - Sayhello
    • - Hlee, husband, daughter (8) & Hlee's mother-in-law
    • - Eeyore18, mom (Irene) & daughter (11)
    • - pandw & husband
    • - slg, DH, 3 sons (20,15,17) & oldest son's girlfriend
    • - bruinspin & husband, SIL & her husband, & a dear friend & her husband
    • - Jmagid & daughter (10)
    • - Carolann4 & ? & friends
    • - PrincessRunningSlow & ?
  • Aug 4 - 11, 2016
    • - 263a2879, hubby, 2 daughters (4 & 8) & in laws
    • - cbarganz, husband, son (18) & daughter (14)
  • Dec 22 - 29, 2016
    • - sabremc & daughter (11)
    • - acndis, DH & DS (9)
    • - Kez250, DH, DD (13) & DS (15)
    • - rubybell_99, husband, daughter (13), daughter (11) & rubybell_99's sister
    • - atheneze & husband
    • - wendy151950 & DD (21)
    • - AddictedtoTravel & daughter (15)
Hi All, I can't believe it took me this long to find this Thread. We are Team Renshaw, Aleks ,Stacy, Bella (11), we booked the 12/22/16 cruise in Feb.
we are looking forward to meeting all of you. this is our 2nd ABD trip. Is there going to be a FE gift Exchange? I now its not a "Disney Ship" so to speak. but I have not found anything on this forum yet that shows sign ups. Any info would be great. See you in a few weeks .

Hi All, I can't believe it took me this long to find this Thread. We are Team Renshaw, Aleks ,Stacy, Bella (11), we booked the 12/22/16 cruise in Feb.
we are looking forward to meeting all of you. this is our 2nd ABD trip. Is there going to be a FE gift Exchange? I now its not a "Disney Ship" so to speak. but I have not found anything on this forum yet that shows sign ups. Any info would be great. See you in a few weeks .
I haven't heard anything on this Forum about a Fish Extender exchange for any of the river cruises. The riverboats do not have any sort of hook, of a fish type or otherwise, outside the cabins, and magnets don't work on the doors, so I don't know physically how you'd do a traditional FE exchange even if there were enough people from the DIS on your cruise.

Not to say someone might not come up with an answer, but it's a bit of an obstacle.

It's a fabulous cruise, and a beautiful ship, and a wonderful cruise, and, of course, fabulous Adventure Guides. You'll love it!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!