DAS Epcot Forever

I am not sure what a DAS would do for you for Epcot forever. You can literally wait anywhere is the park to see it, and it can be seen from anywhere in world showcase.

I would ask where they have place for people in wheelchair ECV would be your best bet. I know at the MK they also let DAS holder use the area

MK dose for sure used it a lot in September I think Epcot dose too

I used the Epcot location once when I was in a wheelchair, darn fibro flares. We've used the wheelchair area for the parade with my daughter. I'm curious about the fireworks area for someone with DAS. We've always avoided the fireworks with my son due to the crowds. This might be an option for us if they allow DAS users without mobilitiy issues in the area. We'll be going mid September so not a super busy time but still.

They do have handicapped viewing areas for Epcot Forever - they are the same places as were used for Illuminations. I circled them on this screenshot.

A couple things to be aware of though.
- those areas typically fill up about an hour before the show starts and once in the area, at least a good part of your group needs to stay in the area.

- they can be quite crowded. In order to make sure people seated in mobility devices can see, they are usually lined up close together along the front of the viewing area. There is one spot for someone to stand next to a mobility device. Guests who will be standing are usually standing behind.
The one by Showcase Plaza is usually most busy and it’s not unusual to have 2 or even 3 rows of mobility devices across the front of the viewing area on the busiest days.

- There are good viewing spots all around World Showcase Lagoon, along the fence. If your group is several people, you may do better choosing a spot and using the other members of your group as ‘buffers’ to separate from other guests.
BE8C25D3-F620-4EC7-A033-5F08F8E69E39.jpeg

I used the Epcot location once when I was in a wheelchair, darn fibro flares. We've used the wheelchair area for the parade with my daughter. I'm curious about the fireworks area for someone with DAS. We've always avoided the fireworks with my son due to the crowds. This might be an option for us if they allow DAS users without mobilitiy issues in the area. We'll be going mid September so not a super busy time but still.
I circled in red 2 places I’ve used and suggested to other people for fireworks viewing.
The first is by the Odyssey building where the Epcot Experience currently is on display. (The pathways marked with the red line).
You can see quite well from there, it‘s usually almost deserted and if it gets too noisy or intense, you can go into the restrooms (or the building as long as it’s open).

The second place is the Canada pavilion. It is a little blocked by trees, but is usually not that crowded. There are a couple little tables (at least there were) and there is a rail you csn stand against. That is one I would check out ahead of time.
0FAB3358-73FC-4022-95ED-7B9B01A0C636.jpeg

We were not allowed to use the EPCOT area in Nov. Two members of our party had DAS, one cognitive/sensory and one with mobility issues but no device. We were polite but persistent. Explained the need, offered to stay toward the back of the reserved area, and were still denied. It was 20-30 min before the show and no where near full, but surrounding areas were very crowded.

I know this thread is about Epcot, but can someone show me where the wheelchair viewing areas are for MK fireworks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter