DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

The current process isn’t perfect, no process is or can be for all people. I would like to keep this thread open to report on current processes - boarding groups and DAS - without arguing.

Overall, if they are going to continue with boarding groups, they should be offering x number of boarding groups every say 30 minutes or perhaps at random times throughout the day.

That won't fix the issue. People who got closed out of the 8am BG times will just wait in line until the 10am slots open, and that will continue until they are gone for the day. People who are not in the park early wouldn't be able to jump the line. You can't tell people who were there at 7:30 that they are ineligible to get a BG later in the day to make room for those who arrive later.

That won't fix the issue. People who got closed out of the 8am BG times will just wait in line until the 10am slots open, and that will continue until they are gone for the day. People who are not in the park early wouldn't be able to jump the line. You can't tell people who were there at 7:30 that they are ineligible to get a BG later in the day to make room for those who arrive later.
No, they would not be allowed to get in line unless they have a BG that is actively being let in. That is why I changed and suggested the time that BG should be random, people just have to check their app to determine if it is available.

The other alternative is to eliminate boarding groups and just do a standby line, this isn't suggesting doing both of them, it is an either or, not both.

Hi everyone, I wanted to comment on how my experience with Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland went this past weekend (President's Day weekend).

#1, as has been said before, to be able to ride, you do need to get a boarding group, and everyone in your group must be scanned into the park in order to be part of the boarding group. We were at the park at about 7:20 for an 8:00 am open. They began letting people in the gate at 7:30 am. A really good tip, have everyone's tickets linked to everyone's accounts (ex. Sally, Bob, and Joe are on Sally's account, Bob's account, AND Joe's account). This way, all of you can be trying for a boarding group. We were able to get boarding group 101. We were really lucky that day, as the ride was running really well. We rode around 4:00, and at around 8:00 pm the information board said they were on boarding group 156.

Regarding the DAS: When your boarding group is called, you go to the Plaid Shirt cast members near the ride entrance. They will issue you a 0 minute DAS return time for Rise of the Resistance. You will then go to the normal entrance where they will scan your boarding group barcode twice, once for the boarding group and once for the DAS. They will then direct you to the alternate queue instead of the line. We waited approximately 2-3 minutes in the alternate queue.

***If you have an existing DAS return time when your boarding group is called, the cast member will convert that DAS return time to an open ended FastPass (for the same ride) so that they can issue the DAS return time for Rise of the Resistance.

Feel free to ask me any questions.
This is very helpful information. Please consider posting it in the Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3* on the Disneyland (California) Board -- it can be very helpful to many people there!

ETA: If it's all right with you, I quoted your post and added it to that superthread. (2/21/20) We really don't have very much DAS information in that thread, so anything recent from an actual DAS user is very helpful!
ETA2: Others are posting that, while there may be a Plaid at the DL ROTR entrance, they are being told to get their return time at the Information Kiosks. So a CM at the ride may be able to issue a return time or may send you to an Information Kiosk -- just be aware!

Last edited:
I am sorry about your medical condition. Lots of people have a variety of issues that affect their every day life. The thing to remember is that it will not always be this way. Wait until it dies down a bit, that is what I am doing. I was just at WDW, I got back yesterday. But I decided that I was not going to get up and go through that hassle. The ride will still be there next year, and the year after, etc. Many of us have problems, but I don't expect special treatment if something is not physically possible for me to do. There are plenty of things in life that I can enjoy, that missing out on 1 ride is not going to make or break my trip or affect my life in any way.
the ride may still be there year after year but someone with degenerative issues may not, or there disability will get worse and worse. my husband's eyesight has gotten worse and worse over the years. (this is not his only disability) . just pointing out that this year he may be able to see something. next year? there's a good chance he won.t

the ride may still be there year after year but someone with degenerative issues may not, or there disability will get worse and worse. my husband's eyesight has gotten worse and worse over the years. (this is not his only disability) . just pointing out that this year he may be able to see something. next year? there's a good chance he won.t

This is true for any number of reasons though - no one knows when it will be their last trip to WDW, KWIM?

We never know when something will be our "last". We did not expect that my Mom, on New Years Day, would collapse and find out that she had stage 4 cancer and was dead within a couple of months. Make the most of whatever you are doing on a daily basis. The point of a WDW vacation, to me anyway, is to enjoy being there, even if I miss a ride or two(which is what my trips look like). I still come home feeling like I had a great trip just from being able to go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!