DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

Its A lot harder to go in and out of a line with a mobility device. I use a rollator. The queues are wide enough to allow us to go through not too easily allow for backing up around other people. And that’s not even starting on running into sometimes cranky people. And if your by yourself you can’t exactly send an able bodied person who can easily move through the queue to the back to talk to a CM.

It’s not so much the wait time. It’s the inability to easily get out of the queue to even talk with CMs so you can access the backstage restrooms that do exist without going through the entire queue again.

The queues should be wide enough for a u-turn, as otherwise it would be a fire hazard. Yes, exiting any queue with a mobility device is hard, but it is doable. Being a single rider, with or without a device, just makes it impossible to get back into the queue spot unless some other guest is willing to vouch for your spot. I'm surprised that they let you access backstage restrooms at all.

If they went by way of the traditional FP+ and DAS, with the attraction still breaking down frequently, the FP+ queue could become 1-2 hours long, IMO. So, would your children, after having to wait hours for the DAS time to come, with no other DAS access, be able to handle a long wait in the FP+ queue? Right now, you can get the BG, use DAS around the park, or leave the park, go to another one and use DAS, and then come back for the boarding group and have very quick access to RotR. The traditional DAS is going to tie up your access for hours, even worse than FoP ever did.
The answer below is exactly what I was talking about, especially the part in bold. I, too, have never encountered a FP line that long. (And at DLR, on average, guests are reporting ROTR lines are about 30-60 minutes from entering the line to exiting the building. No 2 hour lines unless the ride breaks down.) I am not referring to long lines, but to the overall exhaustion which triggers and exacerbates my health issues.

I'm not following? We've never encountered a FP line that long, even when the standby was 3 hours. If the ride breaks down while we're in line at DLR, they give a multi experience FP. It happened once at WDW too. Thankfully, my kids have had enough ride break downs by now that they handle it fairly well (the disappointment, we usually get out of line). And we alternate the DAS with FP rides, meals, shows, etc, so that part isn't bad.

The biggest issue for us is not exhausting our kids because each's challenges is exacerbated by it. This usually means no early mornings, late nights, or long days.

Last edited:
The answer below is exactly what I was talking about, especially the part in bold. I, too, have never encountered a FP line that long. (And at DLR, on average, guests are reporting ROTR lines are about 30-60 minutes from entering the line to exiting the building. No 2 hour lines unless the ride breaks down.) I am not referring to long lines, but to the overall exhaustion which triggers and exacerbates my health issues.

But the DAS was not meant to shorten anyone's wait or time spent in the parks. It is designed to give someone an option to not wait in the standby queue. That the guest is able to go on other attractions while waiting is a nice perk, but is not part of ADA compliance.

What people are not realizing is that Galaxy's Edge has drawn in crowds that are not interested in other aspects of Disney. RotR is huge, and Star Wars fans are heading down in droves to just go on it. They are not going to leave the queue and a chance to ride if it goes down. So FP lines are going to be longer than any you can imagine.

But the DAS was not meant to shorten anyone's wait or time spent in the parks. It is designed to give someone an option to not wait in the standby queue. That the guest is able to go on other attractions while waiting is a nice perk, but is not part of ADA compliance...
I am not asking for DAS to shorten my wait and even said in my quote above that "I am not referring to long lines." I understand how DAS works and it has worked very well for me so far when I do use it. Often, thanks to MP at DLR, I do not even have to use it because MP works quite efficiently. The problem right now with ROTR at both parks is the unreliability of the ride operations. So it is not enough to go through the truly exhausting (for some of us) exercise of trying to get a BG. (That entails getting up extra early, being at the parking structure when it opens 90 minutes before the gates open, going through bag check and being at the gates in line, then waiting until DL opens the gates, then doing the BG game, etc.) There is the unknown issue of how high that BG might be and how long it might take to get called back. Some people with seemingly low BG numbers did not get to ride until mid-afternoon last Sunday -- that wait, delay, wait, hope, delay, etc. was exhausting for them and they are not disabled. And they were not allowed to leave the line without losing their BG. DL handles breakdown line issues differently than DHS. Some people have reported being stuck in the line at DL for well over 2 hours. There are no snacks, no bottled water, no characters in the lines, hardly any CMs (people reported seeing ONE CM during a wait that lasted hours). This is not a system designed to be friendly to the disabled. And I, and others, hope that this changes at some point in the future.

Last edited:
I am not asking for DAS to shorten my wait and even said in my quote above that "I am not referring to long lines." I understand how DAS works and it has worked very well for me so far when I do use it. Often, thanks to MP at DLR, I do not even have to use it because MP works quite efficiently. The problem right now with ROTR at both parks is the unreliability of the ride operations. So it is not enough to go through the truly exhausting (for some of us) exercise of trying to get a BG. (That entails getting up extra early, being at the parking structure when it opens 90 minutes before the gates open, going through bag check and being at the gates in line, then waiting until DL opens the gates, then doing the BG game, etc.) There is the unknown issue of how high that BG might be and how long it might take to get called back. Some people with seemingly low BG numbers did not get to ride until mid-afternoon last Sunday -- that wait, delay, wait, hope, delay, etc. was exhausting for them and they are not disabled. And they were not allowed to leave the line without losing their BG. DL handles breakdown line issues differently than DHS. Some people have reported being stuck in the line at DL for well over 2 hours. There are no snacks, no bottled water, no characters in the lines, hardly any CMs (people reported seeing ONE CM during a wait that lasted hours). This is not a system designed to be friendly to the disabled. And I, and others, hope that this changes at some point in the future.

True- but it’s not really “friendly” to able bodied folks either. They would have the same issues, disabled or not. People with a 4 year old, who are perfectly healthy, would find the situation you describe just as bad as I would.

The DAS has made WDW doable for me, but some individual things are still not. I can’t stand in the Test Track FP line. I’ve tried. Many of the other rides I love are not doable for me, even with DAS.

I appreciate that with my issues that WDW is able to accommodate me even as much as they do- no other park is so disabled friendly in my opinion.

theluckyrabbit, I understand your problems with getting a BG but you will get a DAS to allow you to wait outside the line/use the Fastpass line. Think of all of the mobility impaired people, who will have to go through the same excruciating prep to get to the park early and get the BG. They will not get the same DAS benefit as you and they are also disabled (and probably exhausted by this time). Just because I have a wheelchair doesn't mean that I am not affected by all of the extra prep and line wait time. I can also sympathizes with the children having to go through the ritual of just getting a BG. But right now, it's the best thing we've got. If ROR were changed to allow DAS users to skip or simplify the BG procedure, that would be well above and beyond the standard (or other impaired) visitor's experience and would be wrong!

You don’t get a return time at ROTR (other than the boarding pass). Once your boarding group is called, you can go to ROTR and they will send you through the FP line. And you can do this even if you have a return time for another ride. At least, that is how it works now. Things may change when the FP line is used for FPs (now, it seems to be only DAS and people who got a “compensation” FP for some reason (e.g. their boarding group was never called the day before).
Someone in the long ROTC boarding group thread just posted that she had a DAS for MFSR and her boarding group for ROTC was called. She was told by a CM if she got a return time for ROTC (which she described as just being put in the FP line) her DAS for MFSR would be canceled because she couldn’t have more than one DAS at a time. She chose to ride MFSR first and then go to ROTC.
This didn’t make sense to me and seems to contradict what you say above, but I was wondering if someone has actually tested this.

What I was referring to was that if they stop doing BG and do just a FP+ system, it will mean even longer waits in a queue for those using DAS. And all you've listed above is difficult for so many people that do not qualify for DAS - so they have to do the early BG thing and wait in the extensive standby queue as well. So I think BG is better for those with a DAS than the standard FP access, due to the fact that the FP queue may be extra long due to the popularity of the attraction and the fact that it breaks down a lot.

Someone in the long ROTC boarding group thread just posted that she had a DAS for MFSR and her boarding group for ROTC was called. She was told by a CM if she got a return time for ROTC (which she described as just being put in the FP line) her DAS for MFSR would be canceled because she couldn’t have more than one DAS at a time. She chose to ride MFSR first and then go to ROTC.
This didn’t make sense to me and seems to contradict what you say above, but I was wondering if someone has actually tested this.

I believe the CM that told the DAS user that the MSFR DAS would be cancelled would be incorrect, as how would they know they accessed RotR?

What I was referring to was that if they stop doing BG and do just a FP+ system, it will mean even longer waits in a queue for those using DAS. And all you've listed above is difficult for so many people that do not qualify for DAS - so they have to do the early BG thing and wait in the extensive standby queue as well. So I think BG is better for those with a DAS than the standard FP access, due to the fact that the FP queue may be extra long due to the popularity of the attraction and the fact that it breaks down a lot.

I believe the CM that told the DAS user that the MSFR DAS would be cancelled would be incorrect, as how would they know they accessed RotR?

I haven’t tried this- but it’s true that you can NOT have a DAS for two rides at the same time. If you ask for a return time (DAS) for RotR, your SR would be cancelled. However, for RotR, you have a 1-2 hour window to return, so you definitely would ride SR first and then go at your return time for RotR and tell them you have DAS and they would put you in the FP line.

I haven’t tried this- but it’s true that you can NOT have a DAS for two rides at the same time. If you ask for a return time (DAS) for RotR, your SR would be cancelled. However, for RotR, you have a 1-2 hour window to return, so you definitely would ride SR first and then go at your return time for RotR and tell them you have DAS and they would put you in the FP line.

But do you get an actual DAS return time for RotR (not counting that you have the return time from the BG already) or do you just show that you have a guest with DAS and they put you in the FP queue? Does the DAS for RotR show up on MDE?

No, you get the time from your boarding group being called, which gives you a 1-2 hour window to appear. When you arrive at your time, with your DAS you’d go in the FP line. However, I didn’t use my DAS- as the queue is part of the “show”, and it went very very quickly so I didn’t have any issues with a line.

No, you get the time from your boarding group being called, which gives you a 1-2 hour window to appear. When you arrive at your time, with your DAS you’d go in the FP line. However, I didn’t use my DAS- as the queue is part of the “show”, and it went very very quickly so I didn’t have any issues with a line.

So there's no conflict with having a DAS return time for another attraction that would register in MDE so the CM that said one would be cancelled was wrong.

To get into the ROTR FP line do you have to scan your magic band or ticket? If so the software my be written to delete any DAS return times whenever you scan into a FP line you don’t have a fast pass for. They are freeing the band up for the next DAS return time. It’s likely how it works at all other rides, and they didn’t program something special for ROTR.

In response to you and all the others (I'm not going to quote everyone because the would create such a long post!), I am NOT asking for Disney to get rid of the BG system. I fully understand the need for this system right now as demand and supply are so massively out of sync -- especially at DL! (And I am moderating the ROTR superthread on the DL board, so I am reading the stories daily of people dealing with this system, abled and disabled, with children and without.) What I, and others are saying, is that this system appeared to be the best that Disney could come up with when the ride opened at DHS and at DL. Some adjustments were made at DL from hard lessons learned at DHS -- that was good! The system was working in some capacity as management learned how DL crowds were a different animal. But in the weeks since this ride has been open at DL, it doesn't appear that management is making any more adjustments to the BG system or to how the ride line is handled when the ride breaks down (which is often). When the ride operates well, the BG system works pretty to very well. The ride line lasts anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes from absolute start (entering the line) to absolute end (exiting the building). Not bad at all for such a popular new ride. But this consistent policy of making people wait in the lines when the ride breaks down? Telling them that they cannot leave the line without losing their BG? No matter how long the ride is down (up to 3 hours)? With no CMs to answer questions or give help? That needs to change. DHS isn't managing their ride line that way -- for anyone, abled or disabled -- so improvements to DL's system are possible.

Last edited:
So there's no conflict with having a DAS return time for another attraction that would register in MDE so the CM that said one would be cancelled was wrong.

Yes, there is. You cannot have two return times at a time with DAS. You don’t get a DAS return time for RotR- you go during your BG time. The DAS allows you to enter the FP line at that time. But asking for a return time, if granted, outside of the BG time would cancel any other DAS return times.

Yes, there is. You cannot have two return times at a time with DAS. You don’t get a DAS return time for RotR- you go during your BG time. The DAS allows you to enter the FP line at that time. But asking for a return time, if granted, outside of the BG time would cancel any other DAS return times.
Sorry for keep going over this- I’m getting confused.
Consider the following scenario: You have an existing DAS return time for SDD. Your BG is called. You go to ROTR and say you have a DAS so you can be put in the FP line. Will that cancel your SDD DAS return? (You are not asking for a return time for ROTR and you do not ride SDD before you go to ROTR).

Sorry for keep going over this- I’m getting confused. Is the following scenario correct? You have an existing DAS return time for SDD. Your BG is called. You go to ROTR and say you have a DAS so you can be put in the FP line. Will that cancel your SDD DAS return? (You are not asking for a return time for ROTR and you do not ride SDD before you go to ROTR).

No. that is fine. It’s only when they have to add a “return time” to an attraction that you get a conflict.

Hi, I was wondering since we never k ow when our boarding group will be called, can we still enter if we already have a scheduled wait time with our Das for another attraction?

I would think so. The DAS doesn't prohibit entering any other ride, either standby or fastpass, so not sure why ROTR would be different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!