DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

Yes, there is. You cannot have two return times at a time with DAS. You don’t get a DAS return time for RotR- you go during your BG time. The DAS allows you to enter the FP line at that time. But asking for a return time, if granted, outside of the BG time would cancel any other DAS return times.
No. that is fine. It’s only when they have to add a “return time” to an attraction that you get a conflict.

Which is what I stated, right? The original scenario we were talking about was not about requesting a return time outside the BG, was it?

Unlike those without DAS access, who might find themselves in the actual 2 hour SDD queue when their group is called, a DAS can be used anytime after the initial wait period has passed. So I'm not sure what you think would be a third option?
Except when you get your return time for Rise, it removes your return time for any other attraction, at least that was our experience yesterday at DL.

Last edited:
Except when you get your return time for Rise, it removes your return time for any other attraction, at least that was our experience yesterday at DL.

You don't just show up at your BG time and go in the FP queue?

It does make sense that you'd lose another return time if you get a new one though - only 1 DAS return time allowed at a time. But why were you given a return time?

You don't just show up at your BG time and go in the FP queue?

It does make sense that you'd lose another return time if you get a new one though - only 1 DAS return time allowed at a time. But why were you given a return time?
No, you have to go get a return time before going to the attraction, they first verify your boarding group, then give you a return time. The return time is 5 minutes, so with the 5 minute grace period, it is essentially instant, especially given that it usually takes at least 5 minutes to walk from the kiosk to the attraction anyway.

No, you have to go get a return time before going to the attraction, they first verify your boarding group, then give you a return time. The return time is 5 minutes, so with the 5 minute grace period, it is essentially instant, especially given that it usually takes at least 5 minutes to walk from the kiosk to the attraction anyway.
Wow! This is good information to know! So it seems that you actually do need to use an existing DAS before you ride ROTR in the DAS FP line (if you don’t want your existing DAS to be canceled.)

Hi everyone, I wanted to comment on how my experience with Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland went this past weekend (President's Day weekend).

#1, as has been said before, to be able to ride, you do need to get a boarding group, and everyone in your group must be scanned into the park in order to be part of the boarding group. We were at the park at about 7:20 for an 8:00 am open. They began letting people in the gate at 7:30 am. A really good tip, have everyone's tickets linked to everyone's accounts (ex. Sally, Bob, and Joe are on Sally's account, Bob's account, AND Joe's account). This way, all of you can be trying for a boarding group. We were able to get boarding group 101. We were really lucky that day, as the ride was running really well. We rode around 4:00, and at around 8:00 pm the information board said they were on boarding group 156.

Regarding the DAS: When your boarding group is called, you go to the Plaid Shirt cast members near the ride entrance. They will issue you a 0 minute DAS return time for Rise of the Resistance. You will then go to the normal entrance where they will scan your boarding group barcode twice, once for the boarding group and once for the DAS. They will then direct you to the alternate queue instead of the line. We waited approximately 2-3 minutes in the alternate queue.

***If you have an existing DAS return time when your boarding group is called, the cast member will convert that DAS return time to an open ended FastPass (for the same ride) so that they can issue the DAS return time for Rise of the Resistance.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

***If you have an existing DAS return time when your boarding group is called, the cast member will convert that DAS return time to an open ended FastPass (for the same ride) so that they can issue the DAS return time for Rise of the Resistance.
This is definitely a YMMV item, we were explicitly told we had to go to a kiosk and our old return time would disappear.

This is just the procedure for the busy opening time period. The ride has a limited capacity and there will be plenty of families that will not be able to ride it, because it is busy. Having the first come, first served is fair and equitable. People with disabilities should have the same chance to get on the ride as anyone else, not better. Your disappointment is no greater then anyone else's that are not able to get on the ride.
But not all people with disabilities do have a fair chance because they simply cannot be at the park at that early hour due to their disabilities. That's my issue. I have chronic fatigue and cannot be awake and functional early enough to get there in time. I also have 2 adult kids with sleep disorders and chronic fatigue who I can't move that early either. And getting in before 8, then naping somewhere does not help.

No, you just have to get into the park early and go on your phone.

This doesn't work for people, like me and my kids, who have chronic fatigue and sleep disorders and can't get up and be functional that earlier. Naps don't help. Early rising wrecks us for days.

The app/virtual queue system and even the kiosk boarding pass option are difficult and in my case impossible to use due to disability. I am not alone. I have heard from other friends with disabilities who could not use the system. In my case, I have a condition that includes a sleep disorder and chronic fatigue and it is impossible for me to be up at the early hour required to be at the opening. In CA it is currently 8 am. Still much too early for me. It is not a choice for me. To get up earlier than 8 am and not have the time needed to gradually get ready for my day would literally make me very ill for days. (I can do a 10 am entry at the earliest, and that is pushing it for me.) Several of my friends have the same disability or their children do. Or their kids have intellectual disabilities and the early morning hours don’t work for them because it creates meltdowns, behavior problems, etc. They have not been able to ride. Guest services for visitors with disabilities offer no solutions. For guests with disabilities like this, I have a couple of ideas to offer.
1st idea:
Reserve a small number of seats for each boarding group which would be held till maybe 15 minutes before that group’s turn to board and ride. Like House seats in a Broadway theatre. There are always a number of seats held until half hour before curtain in case some VIP or friends/family of someone in the show needs last-minute tickets. If not, they get released. (And I’m sure all the celebs visiting the park are not having to use the virtual queue. They are just ushered onto the ride.) These reserved spots would be given out via Guest Services at Town Hall. So just like getting a DAS pass, you'd get a pass for the ride at a certain time. When they are gone for the day, they are gone.
2nd idea:
Keeping it equal and fair to EVERYONE, don't make all the boarding groups available all at once in the morning. Space them out. I.e. - if there are 100 groups available to join, have 50 available at 8am, then 25 at 10am, 25 at 12 noon. I have heard from several people about this idea. That it also may help when the ride breaks down.

My kids, who also have the same condition, and I are going to SWGECA next week. We hoped to get on the Rise of the Resistance, but we know we won’t be able to get in a boarding group. If Disney keeps this system, we will NEVER be able to ride this attraction, ever. I hope they go to a regular line system at some point in the future. OR take my suggestions. Because it really isn’t fair to offer something that not everyone can access with equal opportunity.

The app/virtual queue system and even the kiosk boarding pass option are difficult and in my case impossible to use due to disability. I am not alone. I have heard from other friends with disabilities who could not use the system. In my case, I have a condition that includes a sleep disorder and chronic fatigue and it is impossible for me to be up at the early hour required to be at the opening. In CA it is currently 8 am. Still much too early for me. It is not a choice for me. To get up earlier than 8 am and not have the time needed to gradually get ready for my day would literally make me very ill for days. (I can do a 10 am entry at the earliest, and that is pushing it for me.) Several of my friends have the same disability or their children do. Or their kids have intellectual disabilities and the early morning hours don’t work for them because it creates meltdowns, behavior problems, etc. They have not been able to ride. Guest services for visitors with disabilities offer no solutions. For guests with disabilities like this, I have a couple of ideas to offer.
1st idea:
Reserve a small number of seats for each boarding group which would be held till maybe 15 minutes before that group’s turn to board and ride. Like House seats in a Broadway theatre. There are always a number of seats held until half hour before curtain in case some VIP or friends/family of someone in the show needs last-minute tickets. If not, they get released. (And I’m sure all the celebs visiting the park are not having to use the virtual queue. They are just ushered onto the ride.) These reserved spots would be given out via Guest Services at Town Hall. So just like getting a DAS pass, you'd get a pass for the ride at a certain time. When they are gone for the day, they are gone.
2nd idea:
Keeping it equal and fair to EVERYONE, don't make all the boarding groups available all at once in the morning. Space them out. I.e. - if there are 100 groups available to join, have 50 available at 8am, then 25 at 10am, 25 at 12 noon. I have heard from several people about this idea. That it also may help when the ride breaks down.

My kids, who also have the same condition, and I are going to SWGECA next week. We hoped to get on the Rise of the Resistance, but we know we won’t be able to get in a boarding group. If Disney keeps this system, we will NEVER be able to ride this attraction, ever. I hope they go to a regular line system at some point in the future. OR take my suggestions. Because it really isn’t fair to offer something that not everyone can access with equal opportunity.

So, you want only people with the ability to get DAS to have a special access to RotR through your first idea?

Have you tried getting up a few minutes earlier each day, going to bed a few minutes earlier each night, to adjust? How do you adjust when going through time zones or daylight savings?

So, you want only people with the ability to get DAS to have a special access to RotR through your first idea?

Have you tried getting up a few minutes earlier each day, going to bed a few minutes earlier each night, to adjust? How do you adjust when going through time zones or daylight savings?
Spoken like someone who has never had to deal with chronic fatigue, seriously, the system that is in place is very problematic for a variety of reasons.

Thank you Evita. I was just wondering if I should even bother responding to that insensitive and obviously ignorant reply.
People think that chronic fatigue is just like if someone without it did not get a good night sleep I have always know it was more but never really know just how much it effects you until a few months ago when I started to be come animic ( SP?) B12 defensent and the dr are concerned there is still something else going on. Anyways it is so easy to say well go to be early. We tend to do this with most disabilities that we really do not know about I have more then one person on her tell me to just work on my sensor processing disorder like I have not been working on it all my life. Anyways all you can to is try to educate and if they still do not care move on. Hugged to you and your family and hopefully Disney will make this ride doable for all

People think that chronic fatigue is just like if someone without it did not get a good night sleep I have always know it was more but never really know just how much it effects you until a few months ago when I started to be come animic ( SP?) B12 defensent and the dr are concerned there is still something else going on. Anyways it is so easy to say well go to be early. We tend to do this with most disabilities that we really do not know about I have more then one person on her tell me to just work on my sensor processing disorder like I have not been working on it all my life. Anyways all you can to is try to educate and if they still do not care move on. Hugged to you and your family and hopefully Disney will make this ride doable for all
Thank you so much @gap2368! I really appreciate that. Your reply and hugs really helped melt the stress and feeling of being attacked. Hugs to you too. I hope you figure out what will help you. It sounds like you are going down my same road.

theluckyrabbit, I understand your problems with getting a BG but you will get a DAS to allow you to wait outside the line/use the Fastpass line. Think of all of the mobility impaired people, who will have to go through the same excruciating prep to get to the park early and get the BG. They will not get the same DAS benefit as you and they are also disabled (and probably exhausted by this time). Just because I have a wheelchair doesn't mean that I am not affected by all of the extra prep and line wait time. I can also sympathizes with the children having to go through the ritual of just getting a BG. But right now, it's the best thing we've got. If ROR were changed to allow DAS users to skip or simplify the BG procedure, that would be well above and beyond the standard (or other impaired) visitor's experience and would be wrong!

Getting a return time for ROTR did cancel my son's return time for Space....we were at DL.

But not all people with disabilities do have a fair chance because they simply cannot be at the park at that early hour due to their disabilities. That's my issue. I have chronic fatigue and cannot be awake and functional early enough to get there in time. I also have 2 adult kids with sleep disorders and chronic fatigue who I can't move that early either. And getting in before 8, then naping somewhere does not help.

I am sorry about your medical condition. Lots of people have a variety of issues that affect their every day life. The thing to remember is that it will not always be this way. Wait until it dies down a bit, that is what I am doing. I was just at WDW, I got back yesterday. But I decided that I was not going to get up and go through that hassle. The ride will still be there next year, and the year after, etc. Many of us have problems, but I don't expect special treatment if something is not physically possible for me to do. There are plenty of things in life that I can enjoy, that missing out on 1 ride is not going to make or break my trip or affect my life in any way.

Spoken like someone who has never had to deal with chronic fatigue, seriously, the system that is in place is very problematic for a variety of reasons.
Thank you @Evita_W. I was just wondering if I should even bother responding to that insensitive and obviously ignorant reply.

Not being able to get to a certain place at a certain time is understandably frustrating, but time zones change, daylight savings happens, and the reverse, and there are so many other disabilities out there that also make it hard to do things. How does a person get set to do things a certain way to start with? Can that never change? Not even worth a try?

Two of my fellow teachers have fibro. I'm close to that diagnosis myself. So yes, I understand the issues with chronic fatigue. We deal with daylight savings changes, Long days followed by parent meetings, staff meetings, etc. So it wasn't an ignorant reply - just one that expected a person to try to make an effort to do make a gradual change if something was important enough to do. if getting up early to do RotR isn't that important, so be it. No need to say it was insensitive and rude.

I am sorry about your medical condition. Lots of people have a variety of issues that affect their every day life. The thing to remember is that it will not always be this way. Wait until it dies down a bit, that is what I am doing. I was just at WDW, I got back yesterday. But I decided that I was not going to get up and go through that hassle. The ride will still be there next year, and the year after, etc. Many of us have problems, but I don't expect special treatment if something is not physically possible for me to do. There are plenty of things in life that I can enjoy, that missing out on 1 ride is not going to make or break my trip or affect my life in any way.
I did it once and honestly while I liked the attraction, it just isn't worth the time and effort it takes to do this. I honestly wouldn't wait in a line longer than about 30, maybe 45 minutes for this attraction. And if I went early and got a really high boarding group number, I sure wouldn't wait around until the number is called unless I wanted to stay for other reasons.

Last edited:
Not being able to get to a certain place at a certain time is understandably frustrating, but time zones change, daylight savings happens, and the reverse, and there are so many other disabilities out there that also make it hard to do things. How does a person get set to do things a certain way to start with? Can that never change? Not even worth a try?

Two of my fellow teachers have fibro. I'm close to that diagnosis myself. So yes, I understand the issues with chronic fatigue. We deal with daylight savings changes, Long days followed by parent meetings, staff meetings, etc. So it wasn't an ignorant reply - just one that expected a person to try to make an effort to do make a gradual change if something was important enough to do. if getting up early to do RotR isn't that important, so be it. No need to say it was insensitive and rude.
Honestly, that isn't realistic for all and to assume just because something worked for Person A that it will work for Person B is indeed ignorant, we need to be better at understanding not everything works for everyone and be able to find ways for flexibility. For example when we go to Florida, we tend to stay on California time, then we are hitting meals at off peak times, we end up with very light crowds by being able to be awake for evening EMH when offered and able to make the adjustment back to normal life easily when we return.

Getting up at 4:30 AM (and yes, that is how early you need to get up to try to accomplish Rise out here even) isn't an option, let alone the fact that when in Florida that would be more like 1:30 AM our time. Sorry, but this isn't an acceptable solution.

Overall, if they are going to continue with boarding groups, they should be offering x number of boarding groups every say 30 minutes or perhaps at random times throughout the day. Better still, just go to a standby only queue and then lots of people out of the way in the rest of the park, making other wait times much lower.

Thank you so much @gap2368! I really appreciate that. Your reply and hugs really helped melt the stress and feeling of being attacked. Hugs to you too. I hope you figure out what will help you. It sounds like you are going down my same road.
Have you tried email Disney disability department one email might not help much but if a few people thst are having a hard time getting access to the ride might help them come up with a better idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter