DAS pass with large family

I'm glad you asked this! We've used DAS for years for my ASD son, but this is the first time we will be there with a total of 8 people in the party. As others have mentioned, I believe linking everyone isn't that much of an issue, but CMs at each attraction may keep the limit to 6 (also - this is not always in the control of the CMs so don't harass them over this. Sometimes it's locked in the iPad to 6., especially for the more popular attractions. So if they only add 6, don't have a fit) I doubt we will ever have all 8 on any one ride though as two are not thrill seekers and don't like the coasters.

Good reminders! Also, side note (and something I mentioned to my husband yesterday): every Disney cast member I've ever interacted with (over the phone and in person) has always been SO nice...I can't imagine how anyone can "get into it" with them. I never think "I need to find where to leave this person a glowing review" as much as I do at WDW. :earsboy:

When we went last October our party was a total of 10. We were all able to be linked but depending on the ride they did limit the number we were able to return with. When we did Tower of Terror they kept us to the 6 plus DAS person it ended up being ok because my youngest and parents didn't want to ride. Just wanted to let you know there are some CMs that are "by the book." We had no issues at MK though.

When we went last October our party was a total of 10. We were all able to be linked but depending on the ride they did limit the number we were able to return with. When we did Tower of Terror they kept us to the 6 plus DAS person it ended up being ok because my youngest and parents didn't want to ride. Just wanted to let you know there are some CMs that are "by the book." We had no issues at MK though.

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to FP the popular rides that all 8 of us will want to do.

It might have been mentioned before but please make sure that your whole group is ready and there with you when you go to either get the DAS set up, or enter the ride. I saw several times where people held up the guest services line because they are "just waiting on the rest of the family" that did not show up until 10 minutes later, because they are still on the bus. Don't get in line unless you are all there, it makes it faster and smoother for everyone.

Some CMs are « by the book » but I’ve also been told certain attractions may have limits set by the computer that the CM can’t override. The busiest, most popular attractions are more likely to have limits, as well as those with low capacity. The limits may also vary depending on crowd levels.
So, just be ready with who in your group will sit out in case you are limited to 6.

Some CMs are « by the book » but I’ve also been told certain attractions may have limits set by the computer that the CM can’t override. The busiest, most popular attractions are more likely to have limits, as well as those with low capacity. The limits may also vary depending on crowd levels.
So, just be ready with who in your group will sit out in case you are limited to 6.

By sit out, you mean the people who will be with the DAS holder, right? The rest can just get in the standby queue.

No, I think the sit-outers are the ones that exceed the capacity of the DAS at that attraction and who do need to use the standby line.

By sit out, you mean the people who will be with the DAS holder, right? The rest can just get in the standby queue.
No, I think the sit-outers are the ones that exceed the capacity of the DAS at that attraction and who do need to use the standby line.
By ‘sit out’ I mean either not go on the attraction at all or use the Standby line.
Before getting the DAS Return Time, the person requesting it needs to be ready to choose up to 6 guests total to the Return Time. If they are limited to 6, the rest would sit out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!