DAS works differently at FOP?

mrzrich

DIS Veteran
We were at AK about 830 this morning and went straight to FOP for a return time. The posted wait was 60 minutes, we were given a return time of 11 AM. More than 2 hours from the time we got the return time. Has anybody else experienced this?

No I have not or not that I remember but would have said something to the CM

I have not heard of it working differently. I have heard the wait times go up at Flights of Passage very quickly in the morning.
So, it is possible that the wait time was one hour when you approached the CM, but was already showing 2 hours in the computer at the time the CM accessed it to give you a Return Time.

No, I was standing under the wait time sign when I got the return time. It was posted as 60 minutes. I guess I should have said something, but i didn't even realize what had happened until after I had walked away

We were at AK last week and the posted times for everything were REALLY off. The poor CMs were telling people what the actual wait times were and in many cases they were double what was posted.

I have found the posted times overall are off because they now rely on those red cards to change the times. Disney used to know how long the times were based on the lines and switch backs, etc. so it was pretty much accurate immediately. Relying on technology has actually made the posted wait times far less accurate in my opinion.

I have found the posted times overall are off because they now rely on those red cards to change the times. Disney used to know how long the times were based on the lines and switch backs, etc. so it was pretty much accurate immediately. Relying on technology has actually made the posted wait times far less accurate in my opinion.

No more red cards. They now use your magic band to track the wait.

Since when is there a cap on how many DAS are out at a time?

Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know DAS return time should simply be the standby time minus 10 minutes.

Maybe OP encountered a glitch (Disney IT with a glitch?!), or the standby time was changing in the system right at the moment they were getting DAS, or who knows what happened. I haven't read any other reports of extra-long DAS return times from anyone else, so I have to think something unusual happened for the OP.

Enjoy your vacation!

I’m wondering if there is a threshold where they feel they need to spread out the DAS return times to ensure when the DAS holders do show up the line is within a reasonable wait time.

For instance, if the ride loads 600 people an hour, and they have 300 FPs for that hour and somehow hit another 400 DAS holders with their parties it would certainly mean the FP line would not be moving, and would be useless to anyone getting a new return time for that hour. It’s something that wouldn’t happen often, but might in some rare circumstances on a very popular ride, like FOP, and a day with an unusually large influx of DAS users interested in riding that particular ride.

I’m wondering if there is a threshold where they feel they need to spread out the DAS return times to ensure when the DAS holders do show up the line is within a reasonable wait time.

For instance, if the ride loads 600 people an hour, and they have 300 FPs for that hour and somehow hit another 400 DAS holders with their parties it would certainly mean the FP line would not be moving, and would be useless to anyone getting a new return time for that hour. It’s something that wouldn’t happen often, but might in some rare circumstances on a very popular ride, like FOP, and a day with an unusually large influx of DAS users interested in riding that particular ride.

Shouldn't matter, as those people would have been waiting in the standby without the DAS, and the two lines have to merge anyway.

Shouldn't matter, as those people would have been waiting in the standby without the DAS, and the two lines have to merge anyway.

By this logic, there is no reason to restrict the number of FP+ issued either.

Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know DAS return time should simply be the standby time minus 10 minutes.

Maybe OP encountered a glitch (Disney IT with a glitch?!), or the standby time was changing in the system right at the moment they were getting DAS, or who knows what happened. I haven't read any other reports of extra-long DAS return times from anyone else, so I have to think something unusual happened for the OP.

Enjoy your vacation!

Could it be evacuation codes in play as well? Someone who cannot queue may not be able to handle an evacuation without special consideration. So, they have to spread those out in the flow? Although the DAS gives only one part of a return time (no expiration) so it doesn't quite control the time frame.

Could it be evacuation codes in play as well? Someone who cannot queue may not be able to handle an evacuation without special consideration. So, they have to spread those out in the flow? Although the DAS gives only one part of a return time (no expiration) so it doesn't quite control the time frame.
For people in mobility devices, they are sent to a separate line all together ( Right after the merge they go to the right side and again to the right side) and loaded from this line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter