• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS

Lyndylou

Mouseketeer
Staying at BWV for 30 nights starting July 16th. I have read the updated info for DAS and we will still be able to get this . However it says you can only get it online now and not in person. How will this work for UK visitors. We have in previous years been unable to do online registration.
Anybody know anything ? 🤔
Thank you

From what I understand UK visitors are kind of in a grey area. Seems to be certain privacy laws on their end that prevent Disney from being able to ask you to video chat, and due to that they can’t request you to. BUT they also do not forbid/prevent you from doing the video chat.

Tldr: You’ll need to use a VPN from outside US/Canada if you prefer the video chat over in person.

OK Thank you. I'd rather do it in person but as the info is you won't br able to do that I need to find out how to get a VPN address that is suitable .
I will look into that
Thank you again

OK Thank you. I'd rather do it in person but as the info is you won't br able to do that I need to find out how to get a VPN address that is suitable .
I will look into that
Thank you again
Oh I’m sorry I didn’t make it clear. You can still do in person.

Some UK visitors were interested in getting the DAS beforehand as to not take a risk getting declined on request. For that the work around is as I described to do the video chat.

They started geo-blocking VPN's a while ago so not sure that work around even still works.

Yes, with a VPN still works. I used it in 2022 and last week. Disney tells you shouldn't use a VPN, but they can't forbid it.

Huh, that’s strange because they blocked mine completely and wouldn’t allow the call to connect. Maybe it’s only certain ones that are blocked but they definitely wouldn’t allow mine last time when it had worked previous times.

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t make it clear. You can still do in person.

Some UK visitors were interested in getting the DAS beforehand as to not take a risk getting declined on request. For that the work around is as I described to do the video chat.
Oh I can still do it in person after May 20th ? Are you sure or is nothing definite yet ? Everything I can find says you will be unable to do it in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter