Month November/December
Date 26th - 1st
Hotel Hard Rock
Room Type - 3 Deluxe Queen Rooms
Rate - $226.20 avg nightly rate
Rate Type - Stay more, save more
Loews First Upgrade applied?/LF level no
theterms

if you are at the blue level on loews youfirst, you can't upgrade for free at the time you book.

here is the link to let you know what status blue can get you.
http://www.loewshotels.com/en/YouFirst/Benefits.aspx

if you read below the chart, it states blue level members can upgrade at the time of check in if a room is available.

if you book a standard room, your upgrade would be a water view, standard room.

That's good to know. I thought when you booked an APH rate that you didn't get any of the youfirst benefits. Thanks :thumbsup2

Update on rate

Month November/December
Date 26th - 1st
Hotel Hard Rock
Room Type - 3 Deluxe Queen Rooms
Rate - $226.20 avg nightly rate
Rate Type - Stay more, save more
Loews First Upgrade applied?/LF level no
theterms

did you try home for the holidays promo? I got a better rate (but have since changed to PBH)... I'm checking in Dec 25th though, not sure if that makes a difference :confused3

if you are at the blue level on loews youfirst, you can't upgrade for free at the time you book.

here is the link to let you know what status blue can get you.
http://www.loewshotels.com/en/YouFirst/Benefits.aspx

if you read below the chart, it states blue level members can upgrade at the time of check in if a room is available.

if you book a standard room, your upgrade would be a water view, standard room.

For the first time I've really looked at the program rules - I haven't stayed at Loews even ONCE in the last year, only once ever in my life back in 06. When I booked this trip I was told I was a level blue member and eligible for an upgrade on PBH club level if available when I checked in :confused3

Even though this visit will make 9 nights this year, it only our second stay. Thus it will be our last visit before being downgraded from platinum in 2010 unless Loews sends us a Christmas present like last year.

Month: Dec
Date: 17th to 19th
Hotel: Portofino
Room Type: Std with free upgrade to Suite
Rate: $159 Thu/ $174 Fri
Rate Type: APH
Loews First Upgrade applied?: Yes (APH Rate)
LF level: Platinum

Pleasently surprised that they gave me the Suite upgrade at the APH rate (no AAA rate available). Alternative was $129 APH rate at RPR (no suites for 4 persons there).

Lou

Even though this visit will make 9 nights this year, it only our second stay. Thus it will be our last visit before being downgraded from platinum in 2010 unless Loews sends us a Christmas present like last year.

Date: 17th to 19th
Rate: $159 Thu/ $174 Fri
Loews First Upgrade applied?: Yes (APH Rate)

Pleasently surprised that they gave me the Suite upgrade at the APH rate (no AAA rate available). Alternative was $129 APH rate at RPR (no suites for 4 persons there).

Lou

Same boat here, like 10 nights but only 2 stays. Don't think we'll be doing Uni any time again soon after the downgrade, so squeezing in a last, last-minute trip before our Plat expires. Don't care enough about HP to go back in 2010, though it was fun while it lasted. Plenty of other places to spend our disposable income next year. Although, you got a better rate than we did, so well done!:

Date: 11th to 15th
Rate: $178.10
Rate Type: Stay More (Interweb)
Loews First Upgrade applied?: Yes

Date: 17th
Hotel: RPR
Room Type: Std
Rate: $145.13
Loews First Upgrade applied?: No (APH Rate)
LF level: Blue

APB513

I just called and switched to the Portofino :cool1: We've always wanted to stay there. I figured since it was only $30 more I would go for it :woohoo:

Date: 17th
Hotel: PBH
Room Type: Garden View
Rate: $178.88
Loews First Upgrade applied?: No (APH Rate)
LF level: Blue

APB513

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter