• Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekdays

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Domo0321

Earning My Ears
Hello,

First of all, thank you all for your helpful tips and advises! They are so helpful! I have been reading forum after forum, but I have a long way to go.

I will be visiting LA between April10th-17th from Canada, and I am having difficulty deciding when to go to Disney. I want to set my dates so that I can get my hotels booked accordingly.
I am planning to spend 2 days in Disney(1 day in each park with Max Pass), 1 day at Universal, and rest to explore LA with go city pass. The dilemma is whether to go to Disney over the weekend (including Easter Sunday) or during the weekdays (Wed & Thurs).

I looked at several different crowd calendars (I know they are estimates!) such as Touring Plan, Undercover Tourists, Is it packed, etc. , two tells me it would be better bet to go on the weekends (Touring Plan and Is it packed), and the others tell that it would be better to go during the weekdays.

Here is my summary of pro and con for my 2 dates:
1. Weekend (11th and 12th)
- pro: blockout for AP holders, towards end of spring breaks (usually ends on Easter Sunday - so maybe less crowds?)
-con: Weekend, WonderCon2020 during the weekend, still in the range of most spring breaks, higher tier (5)

2. Weekday (22nd and 23rd)
- pro: Weekday, most spring breaks are over, lower tier ticket (4 - meaning less crowded?)
- con: no blockout for AP holders

So my main questions are:

1. Which dates would you go for and why?
2. Does blcokout play a big role with crowd?
3. WonderCon2020 Crowd?
4. any other suggestions would be great too!

Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Really looking forward to this trip!

Some more info to add to the mix:
Crowd calendars aren't a great tool for DLR (much better and geared for WDW): Most accurate crowd calendars?
Peak Spring Break here is usually the week before and the week after Easter, but emphasis on the week before.
Will you be at the parks for RD both days? Will you be trying to ride ROTR? Right now, Wednesdays have been better days than both weekend days. Thursday would have you fighting the MM line mess, but still, historically, has been better than the weekends. (If ROTR doesn't matter, ignore this.)
Wednesdays and Thursdays are good days (especially the mornings) in the parks. Weekends can be good if the lower APs are blocked.

Thank you for your feedback.
Since we (2 adults) will be spending only 2 days in Disney, we will be there bright and early (RD) for both days.
I am a star wars fan so I will try my best to get on ROTR on Wednesday if I can the spot, but I believe I will still have fun without it too.

Lower APs are blocked on the weekend but it may have more people from WonderCon2020. So I am leaning towards Wednesday and Thursday now.

Thank you so much! It really helps!

I would base it on the tiers - right now the weekends show Tier 5, their highest tier, so they expect it to be busy. The weekdays you are considering are Tier 4, so busy but not perhaps as busy. Now that being said, these are guesses - even Disney doesn't know how busy the parks will be on any given day but there is no clear winner here so I'd also go with what is best for you based on all the other stuff you want to do.

Show up super early, having MP is a great help and bring lots of patience. All the days you are looking at have full park hours and likely will have all the entertainment running as well.

I'd also do Wednesday at DL and Thursday at DCA though to avoid the early entry.

I will have MP and I will try my best to just have fun whatever I am doing!
I didn't know early entry was only Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday! That's good to know.

Is DL generally busier than DCA? Is that why you recommended to go to DL on Wednesday when there is no early entry?

Thank you for you information!

I will have MP and I will try my best to just have fun whatever I am doing!
I didn't know early entry was only Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday! That's good to know.

Is DL generally busier than DCA? Is that why you recommended to go to DL on Wednesday when there is no early entry?

Thank you for you information!
At DL, EMH/MM is on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. So if you have that perk by staying on site or having a 3+ day ticket, great. If you don't have it, then you start those days one hour behind a lot of other people who are already in the park (FL and TL only, but still...). With good planning, you can still get a lot done, but starting your day at the opposite park gets you off on an even footing with everyone else because no one had early entry at the opposite park. Does that make sense? DCA has EMH (no MM) on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Starting at DL on those days can work better. If you decide to go with park hoppers, that would let you try for ROTR on both days. Otherwise, definitely try on Wednesdays since those have been better days -- AND make sure to study up on the Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter