Dating myself...dancing waters

dianaore

Mouseketeer
Okay I'm old! Haven't been to Disneyland in over 20 years. When we went many years ago there was a dancing waters show at the Disney Hotel. Now I know the hotel has changed so I am assuming the dancing waters is no more...am I correct?

Diana

I had almost forgotten about the dancing waters. Haven't thought about them in ages. Used to go there when I was young. We would watch the waters and do some line dancing at the "Neon Cactus". Ahhhh, memories.

Unfortunately, you are correct. I too remember the show, and loved it (saw the shows they played during the summer, and the Christmas versions that they showed as well when we were there just before Christmas once (good Lord I can't even remember what year it was). I loved the show, and the old design of the Marina area.

Ten points to anyone who also remembers eating at the Monorail Cafe (was my favorite place to eat).

Spook50 said:
Ten points to anyone who also remembers eating at the Monorail Cafe (was my favorite place to eat).

omg yes!!!...Do you know I still have the plastic mug they used to give everyone? ::yes:: Also, I have the little Mickey sorcerors head that had ice cream in it from Strombolis ;) ah those were the days

disneegrl4eva said:
omg yes!!!...Do you know I still have the plastic mug they used to give everyone? ::yes:: Also, I have the little Mickey sorcerors head that had ice cream in it from Strombolis ;) ah those were the days

I never got myself one of the Mickey heads, but my mother's also a big Disneyana nut, so for Mother's day after the Monorail Cafe had closed, she got a complete table set (the salt & pepper shakers, a menu still in it's bordered plastic envelope, a MC pin, a mug, and three or four other items that I can't remember what they were). She definately got a kick out of that stuff. I just wish I could find some stuff related to the Dancing Waters shows.

You know it's actually been less than 5 years since the show left! Amazing..it seems longer. But we took my son when he was 1 and he's not yet 6! I wish they were still there, the kids loved it!

Ah yes... the old days. My family used to go down there on warm summer nights and watch Dancing Waters, then take a round-trip in the monorail (which you also can't do anymore). I even remember Sgt Preston's, though I was too young to have a drink there. And the old arcade that used to be below water level in the lagoon, where the Neverland pool is now. Ah... memories.

Magix said:
Ah yes... the old days. My family used to go down there on warm summer nights and watch Dancing Waters, then take a round-trip in the monorail (which you also can't do anymore). I even remember Sgt Preston's, though I was too young to have a drink there. And the old arcade that used to be below water level in the lagoon, where the Neverland pool is now. Ah... memories.

speaking of the monorail...I havent been on it since everything changed...can someone tell me the complete route it takes now? :flower:

Spook50 said:

OMG, i totally remember eating here. Everything was soooo good. Almost forgot that I missed that place.

Magix said:

I remember that arcade. Great place for a quick distraction. What's in that building now anyway, or is it even still there?

We saw this when I was there with my son 2 1/2 years ago. Are you sure its not still there? It was in the far back corner of the Disneyland Hotel...behind the second pool. and the waterfalls. It was outdated..but it was still there.

Back when the monorail used to be the shortcut into the park? We used to stay at the Disneyland Hotel over Thanksgiving and go to the park on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was dead quiet back in the 70s. Granted, it was a long time ago... but does anyone else remember a stage/ampitheatre area where the seating looked down towards the stage?

Took this from the DLH section of the Kingdom Magic Travel...

Fantasy Waters Show
Grab the moment memories are made of. This treasured Disney classic has brought awe-inspired wonder to families for over three decades.

* 1800 choreographed water-jet fountains reflect the power and the beat of the beloved soundtrack
* 100s of synchronized lights
* Classic Disney musical favorites

Hopefully it's not out of date.

I live in California and didn't even know that! So sad to see it go. (Yes...I know...it's not exactly new news).

Spook50 said:
Took this from the DLH section of the Kingdom Magic Travel...

Hopefully it's not out of date.

Definitely out of date. The show's gone for good.

Spook50 - The arcade building is gone. The new Neverland pool is in that spot.

Magix said:
Definitely out of date. The show's gone for good.

Spook50 - The arcade building is gone. The new Neverland pool is in that spot.

Bummer on the show. I loved seeing it. What're they doing with the amphitheater then? I saw on Google Earth that it's still there (at the time Space Mountain was being overhauled anyway). Didn't look like it was closed off, but the images aren't clear enough to tell for sure.

So where is the Wine Cellar located? I had thought the building was gone, but then read about the Wine Cellar and thought I could've been wrong, but your post confirms my initial assumption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter