David & Ian - PJ & TR Sept 17th 2009 - Epcot UK/Attic/UK Lockside - TR Starts PG 14

Oh we bring quite a few items home from Wallmart too!! I think I have only tried that Mustard once and I dont usually do mustard but that was GOOD!

We bring all sorts back too, I love the cookie mixes and always pick up cashews nuts as they are so expensive here.

Soooooo happy to read you're back to writing your TR! :yay: Was going through some serious withdrawl ;)

Definitely get the busy holiday thing...hope it was good busy. :goodvibes

Yeah it was good busy (well apart from work). I love Christmas it's my favourite time of the year.

Day 3 - Sunday 13th September

After a good rest we woke up and Mickey was on the phone reminding us to get up for a Magical day. We were meeting Claire and Daniel to go for breakfast at 7am. Now this may sound deathly early but being the first day our heads were still a little confused and thinking that 7am was almost lunch time. We usually try and do nice breakfasts early in the holiday so that we can get up early and enjoy them, as the holiday progresses it is harder to get up.

So we met Claire and Daniel by the entrance to the pool and drove over the Polynesian Resort, where we were going to have a lovely breakfast at Kona Cafe. Our PS was for 7:30 and we arrived in plenty of time and even got lei's as we went in.

P1010041.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

Breakfast was really yummy, big Kahuna's mmmmm!

We decided to leave the car at the Poly as we would be using the relaxing in the resorts later, so we jumped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

P1010049.jpg

We arrived just as the park was opening and headed straight to Frontierland to ride Big Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion, we also went into some shops as Ian and Claire just love to look at and buy Disney merchandise!

But then... who doesn't?

P1010051.jpg

P1010054.jpg

We had arranged to meet our Mum's and my Sister at 10am at the Hub so we wandered over to meet them. It was great to see my Mum and Sister as I hadn't seen them since the summer and they had flown out a few days earlier than everyone else to top up their tans first.

We decided to head in to Adventureland where we did Pirates, The Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Aladdin's flying carpets we also met up with Aladdin.

Me and my Mum
P1010059.jpg

Claire, my Sister and my Ian's Mum
P1010058.jpg

Ian's Mum and my Mum
P1010057.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010056.jpg

It was appraoching lunch time and our plan was to head over to the Grand Floridian to take out speed boats before afternoon tea. It had rained a little in the morning and we were not sure whether they marina would be open for rentals but we decided to risk it. So we left our Mums and my Sister and we headed over with Claire and Daniel. Unfortunately it was closed :sad2:

So we had a wander over to the food court and grabbed some drinks. While we sat for a few mintues we noticed that they had re-opened :cheer2:

We only had time to go out for about 30 minutes now but we decide to go for it anyway. Claire had never been on them before so it was definately worth it. The water was really calm so we zipped around and over to Bay Lake where we got told off for leaving a tiny wake on the water bridge :rolleyes1

P1010060.jpg

P1010061.jpg

P1010063.jpg

P1010064.jpg

After 30 mins we headed back to the marina to meet everyone for Afternoon Tea.

To be continued...

Ohhh I forgot about the rentals in the marina!!!

I went on them when I first went in 2000 - thats something I have to do when we go back! How much were the rentals?

Ripping up the lake eh!?

Ohhh I forgot about the rentals in the marina!!!

I went on them when I first went in 2000 - thats something I have to do when we go back! How much were the rentals?

Ripping up the lake eh!?

Can't remember the exact price but I think it's in the region of $35 - $40, there is also a discount with annual pass.

I don't know what they were complaining about, we hardly left any wake at all. I think they were just bored and telling us off gave them something to do...

Wooohoo! I'm glad your back to your TR!!!! I love your pics so far, you look like a fun group! And you totally gave me a fantastic idea for our first day there....speed boats! :banana:

Day 3 - Sunday 13th September Continued

From the marina we headed over the lobby of the Grand Floridian where we met up with our Mum's and my sister. We were also meeting some friends who had travelled out for the wedding who had come with their family. In total there were 13 of us.

Of all the dining that we had booked afternoon tes was by far the most painful. Because of our group size we couldn't make a reservation through the normal process we had to call the location to be booked in. Now I called... and called... and callled and no one ever answered the phone, it was a nightmare. When I finally did speak to someone after insiting at the front desk that I spreak to someone, she took a few details and said she would check but she never got back in touch which I was very frustrated about.

I was a little nervous that they wouldn't have booked us in and the podium staff at the Garden View lounge can often be quite grumpy and abrupt. Luckily though everything was fine and we were shown to three tables next to each other. For most of us we had been here before and new what to expect, my firends on the other hand didn't so when they got their tea sandwiches it wasn't quite what the expected. Overall it was a pleasant afternoon and everyone enjoyed themseleves. I would certainly recommend this place, it's very civilised and great excuse to eat scones, cakes and trifle. :thumbsup2

P1010065.jpg

This is Karen my best friend from work and her boyfriend Jon
P1010066.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010068.jpg

Our lovely server
P1010069.jpg

P1010074.jpg

Following this everyone was going their own way, Claire and Daniel were meeting with other friends, Karen and Jon were heading to the Magic Kingdom and our mum's were going to go back to the hotel. We arranged to meet our Mum's at Hollywood Studios later and we went with Karen and her family into the Magic Kingdom.

It was Karen's first visit so she was really excited. I went grabbed some first visit buttons for them which she loved.

P1010075.jpg

We went on a few rides with them for an hour or so and then left them to enjoy the park on their own.

It was around 5ish now so we headed back to the poly to collect the car and we drove over to the Studios. We had a wander and went on a couple of things before we met our Mum's. I completely forget exactly what we did as I have no pictures from this evening at all. When we met up with our Mum's we went into American Idol for the last showing of the day and then went to see Fantasmic.

It's a bit disappointing that they have cut the number of showings for this, as we went in they were calling standing room only. We ignored this and proceeded to the frint and centre of the amphitheater, we always sit at the front and never have problems finding seats, this night was no different. The show was great as usual!

After this we were quite tired, it had been a long day so we dropped our Mum's back at Pop Century and headed back to Port Orleans where we grabbed some food and went to bed!!!!

I was really pleased with how it was working out with the whole group. No one felt pressured to stick together and everyone was doing their own thing which I had been really worried about, I did not want to try and organise a group for a whole week. The planned activities were working out great so far!

I'm glad to hear your group activities turned out well...definitely something I am fearing!

I really want to do afternoon tea, but DF doesn't really want to. Maybe I will show him your pics so he sees that guys can have fun there too:goodvibes

I totally agree with you on the fantasmic thing...I was worried about going but I guess I will just follow your advice!

Can't wait for more!

I'm glad to hear your group activities turned out well...definitely something I am fearing!

I really want to do afternoon tea, but DF doesn't really want to. Maybe I will show him your pics so he sees that guys can have fun there too:goodvibes

I totally agree with you on the fantasmic thing...I was worried about going but I guess I will just follow your advice!

Can't wait for more!

They really did work out well, I was really worried that people would want to try and stay together the whole time and then we would end up trying to manage 10 - 15 people around a theme park, it would have been horrible and i'm sure would have been stressful and caused upset. Everyone was really relaxed and just took things as they happened, as we had come so far it was everyones holidays so i'm sure they didn't want to be with us the whole time anyway. Sure yours will be fine too.

Day 4 - Monday 14th September

Monday started bright and early, well for some of us at least. My sister was supposed to join us this morning but after a late night at the House of Blues she didn't manage to get out of bed. Undetered, Ian and I met our Mum's at Animal Kingdom for breakfast with Donald and pals at Tusker house.

We had reservations for 8:10, but I hadn't realised when I booked that it was morning extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom so the park was really busy. It soon dispersed though after Mickey and the gang welcomed everyone in for an adventure. There was bit of line to get in for breakfast but it wasn't too bad.

P1010077.jpg

We were taken through and seated quite promtly and grabbed some breakfast. There was loads to choose from and the food was great and our sever was excellent too. The characters then started coming round to our table.

P1010079.jpg

P1010081.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

The lady who booked all our reservations had put on them all that we were celebrating our wedding so our server brought a card over for us and a cake. This was really sweet and the card was signed by all the characters, we made our server sign it too.

P1010082.jpg

After we had suffciently stuffed ourseleves for the day we headed out into the park. We did all the big things, Kilamangaro Safari's, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Finding Nemo.

P1010089.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010092.jpg

Ian also found some sun glasses that he liked, but did not purchase... yet!!!!

P1010093.jpg

P1010094.jpg

We decided that we were going to head out and hit the mall this afternoon. With so many things planned we wanted to make sure we found time to do this. We went first to Florida Mall and then to the Mall at Millenia. It was good to take a bit of a break from the parks and also to spend some time with our mum's, I don't recall that we bought much but Ian did find a costume that he liked while we were in Target..

P1010097.jpg

For dinner we decided to go to Cheescake Factory. This is one of most favourite restaurants EVER! My sister had also joined us now since she had managed to get herslf out of bed. We were all hungry as we didn't eat much since breakfast, well except the Subway that we had at Florida Mall :rolleyes1

Dinner was yummy as usual and we have Cheesecake of course.

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

P1010098.jpg

P1010105.jpg

After dinner we had arranged to meet Claire and Daniel at Fantasia Gardens for some crazy golf. Our Mum's bailed as they were really tired but Helen came along too.

I can't remember who won but I do remember that serveral balls were lost in the process and everyone had a good time.

P1010107.jpg

P1010106.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010111.jpg

Oooh, so nice to hear good things about Donald's breakfast! We are trying that for the first time in July.

Oooh, so nice to hear good things about Donald's breakfast! We are trying that for the first time in July.

We really liked it, try and book early on a non-extra magic morning though, that way you get into the park before everyone else! We liked meeting their characters in their safari outfits and even Daisy was there! The food was good with plenty to choose from.

I LOVE the safari breakfast!!! The food is so good and I love the ambiance! That is so nice that they had something for you to celebrate your wedding! I love the banana costume...I really hope it was purchased :lmao:

I can't wait to see your wedding pics (especially since mine will be next door...at Canada!):goodvibes

I LOVE the safari breakfast!!! The food is so good and I love the ambiance! That is so nice that they had something for you to celebrate your wedding! I love the banana costume...I really hope it was purchased :lmao:

I can't wait to see your wedding pics (especially since mine will be next door...at Canada!):goodvibes

LOL No, the banana costume was not purchased, Ian actually hates banana's but thought it would be funny to try it on.

Sorry it's taking a while to get to the actual day, finding time to write this is hard with everything else going on. Lol but I am getting there slowly but surely. Glad to see there are still some loyal followers. :yay:

Day 5 - Tuesday 15th September

OK so maybe I owe you all some more. It is almost two years now since all this happened so I need to check out the pictures to figure out some of the things we did.

Tuesday started with a trip to Epcot, we were booked the World Showcase Segway Tour. Ian and I have done this before so we were experts!! But we wanted everyone else to join us and see how much fun it was. Unfortunately we couldn't convince everyone to part with their cash and some were just too scared :rotfl:

Daniel was the official photgrapher and found us a various points to take some pictures but our tour guides also managed fine.

P1010113.jpg

P1010112.jpg

After this we hightailed it over to the Rose and Crown for lunch, we were booked in earlry as we had a very special visit to make in the afternoon.

My Mum joined us now and we were also joined by Janet a big friend of ours from when we lived in Orlando. It was so great to see her. They had changed the menu there so there was mixed reviews and there was also an interesting intereaction with a chef regarding bakewell tart. We asked for it with custard which is extremely common in the UK and also something they had on the menu. We were not so politely told that we were wrong. I jusy don't get it, did our accents not give it away that we were from the UK and actually new what people in the UK eat... :confused3 oh well!

P1010118.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010117.jpg

P1010119.jpg

After lunch we had to dash as we had an important appointment to keep! Our wedding planner was waiting for us as Franks to cover some last minute details. We didn't really "NEED" to have the meeting but we had never met her and had done all our planning sessions on the phone. We also had our gift for her which we needed to deliver, the last thing we wanted was to worry about this on the day.

So after stopping by the hotel to pick up the gift we made it round to the Wedding Pavillion. It was all very magical, we finally got to meet Carol and have a good look round the planning studio. They had lots of cake, floral and other displays around to look at which were very nice. We had a chance to do a quick run through of things but it was all straight forward, we left Carol later in the afternoon, we were to see her again the following morning for a brief rehersal with out officiant.

I honestly don't recall what we did next as my photo's stop after the wedding pavillion. I'll have to think on it and get back to you. :confused3

Please keep reminding me to continue with this, I feel like I forget very quickly...

I just found this PJ/TR today (you know how you find another thread while reading the original one you clicked on, lol :rotfl2:). I loved every bit of it, and was wondering if it was ever completed, maybe somewhere else ? Thanks !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter