Davids Rentals for Cruise???

disneyfanbcv

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used David's Vacation Rentals to book a Disney Cruise? I am considering it and a little bit hesitant in not knowing. I really want to take the family to Alaska in 2018 and this is one way I can book with out any down payment. I would love to hear if you have any experience with them.. THANK YOU!!!

Using DVC points outside of the DVC resorts is an expensive plan. You'd pay more with no cancellation options

Yes that's why I'm asking if anyone has used David's to book a cruise . They rent your points and put the money towards your cruise. Was just wondering if anyone had David's do this for them.

Yes that's why I'm asking if anyone has used David's to book a cruise . They rent your points and put the money towards your cruise. Was just wondering if anyone had David's do this for them.

I've been wondering the same thing. We will be having some extra points next year and we love Disney cruises....seems like a good deal. We have rented out points to friends and family but have never gone the David's route.

Hoping you get some replies!

We have 2 seperate contracts through DVC one for SSR and one at Aulani- For the last 3 years, I have rented my Aulani points through David's and used that money to pay for our cruises. We always get more money than what we pay for our cruise, for instance, this year we paid about 2500$ for our cruise, and when I rented those points we got just over $2900, so that paid our airfare as well as tips for the cruise with some left over.

You could go this route and rent through David's and book the cruise on your own, you will receive 70 percent of the money for your points within 24 hours of the rental, that would cover the deposit, as well as the majority of the cruise. The remaining 30 percent you receive the day that the renters check into the resort. Just something to think about- by booking the cruise on your own, you will have full control of the reservation!

I think either way with David's - renting out your points for cash and paying for your cruise or giving David's a certain amount of points and they will book the cruise will be a wash point wise. They advertise that if you book your cruise thru them, you need less points than booking with points thru Disney. They figure up the dollar amount of the cruise, and then get enough points from you that they can rent out to pay for your cruise. Should be the same amount of points either way.

I have not used them to book a cruise, but I did rent out about 1000 points with them in the last year. I rented points for 4 reservations thru them and had no problems. I would not hesitate to book a cruise thru them using my points.

I think either way with David's - renting out your points for cash and paying for your cruise or giving David's a certain amount of points and they will book the cruise will be a wash point wise. They advertise that if you book your cruise thru them, you need less points than booking with points thru Disney. They figure up the dollar amount of the cruise, and then get enough points from you that they can rent out to pay for your cruise. Should be the same amount of points either way.

I have not used them to book a cruise, but I did rent out about 1000 points with them in the last year. I rented points for 4 reservations thru them and had no problems. I would not hesitate to book a cruise thru them using my points.

Well, David will keep a little bit of profit for the work involved - which he should. So if you are willing to do the leg work, renting out your own points and booking your own cruise should be better - plus you'll be able to shop travel agencies and see who is giving the best deal. I haven't cruised DCL in a number of years, but as I recall, different agencies will give you different amounts of onboard credit. On the other hand, when I rented my points, I worked through David because I wanted to minimize my bother, and it was great.

Well, David will keep a little bit of profit for the work involved - which he should. So if you are willing to do the leg work, renting out your own points and booking your own cruise should be better - plus you'll be able to shop travel agencies and see who is giving the best deal. I haven't cruised DCL in a number of years, but as I recall, different agencies will give you different amounts of onboard credit. On the other hand, when I rented my points, I worked through David because I wanted to minimize my bother, and it was great.

David's will also keep a part of the rental proceeds if you just rent your points thru him and book your cruise thru a travel agent for cash. That is why I said it is a wash thru David's. If you rent the points yourself and then book the cruise for cash, you will come out ahead. Just depends on everyone's level of confidence renting points themselves. I am a nervous renter, that is why I used David's. Too many things can go wrong with a rental and I like knowing David's would help if the renter damaged the villa or left without paying their room charges.

Basically he's teamed up with a travel agent, he may even get a referral fee. The agent just books it for you, gets you a good price and even bungs in some on board credit. Win, win. It amazes me all the people who use actual points via Disney for cruises although in some very limited cases it can work out nit much more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter