Day 3-IOA/Pool Cabana

kityrussell

Earning My Ears
Well, we just were wet all day...that's all there is to it! Put on swimsuits, t-shirts & shorts and headed to IOA. Stopped by the workout room to check on our cabana res. for the afternoon. He gave us #3 since they were going to show a movie and he said we would have to leave #10 by 5:30.

On to the park - went straight to Spidey. Better than I remember (although there was a part where everything went blurry). I thought it was just my eyes but my husband said the same thing happened to him. Then on to the reason we wore swim clothes to the park...Bilge Barges! Rode that twice. That was actually my favorite ride this time because everyone has so much fun on it. We kind of just went around the park back and forth doing what we felt like at the moment. Did Bilge Barges 2 more times, (Hey we were still wet anyway!) Dueling Dragons took a little longer than normal because they were doing safety checks. But no real wait for anything other than that. Express machines were actually down for a couple of hours that morning so that may have had something to do with it. Ran into our friends a couple of times, told them we would meet them by the pool at our cabana.

Had lunch at Margaritaville on the Porch (food was pretty good). Just had appetizers. Went straight to the cabana and relaxed. Cabana 3 is in the shade so not for the sun worshipers, but we just wanted to mellow and relax anyway. My only complaint is that the pool was really warm. Wished the water was cooler when it's 85 degrees outside. Enjoyed the cabana although we probably didn't utilize it as much as we could have. If I had kids, it's definitely the way to go.

We (us and our friends) decided to meet back at the cabana at 8 pm and head to Pastamore for dinner. So we're getting ready and notice the wind picking up. Then the rains came! That movie screen came down really fast and people came pouring into the hotel. The lightning was really bad. We got downstairs and you could barely see outside. So we sat around the lobby thinking of alternatives. I figured that if we waited a few minutes the weather would pass through and it did. We actually we headed to the car to drive to CityWalk and noticed the rain stopped. So walked to Pastamore and had dinner. (10 min wait). Food was terrific! Highly recommend the place. Then went to Pat O'Briens for drinks. I lived in New Orleans and thought they did a great job of authenticity in the design. So about 11:30 we decided to "hit the hay"

Day 4 preview - It's all about spontenaity!

We had cabana #3 april 7. Definately not for sun worshippers!! Very shady!! We use the cabana for "home base" on check out day, that way we can check out and still enjoy the pool and the parks for the afternoon.

Thanks for taking the time to write your trip reports.

Patty

THANKS FOR THE REPORT. CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT ONE. JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION.

WE ARE GOING IN AUGUST. SHOULD I GET A CABANA IN THE SHADE OR THE SUN? IF I GET ONE IN THE SUN, ARE WE GOING TO ROAST IN IT? WE PLAN TO RELAX IN IT AND READ A BOOK OR WATCH TV AND TALK, WHILE THE KIDS ARE IN THE POOL.

I'VE SEEN HOW THEY LOOK FROM PICTURES ON THE SITE. BUT REALLY DIDN'T GET A CLOSE UP LOOK.

We had cabana #10 in January, it was a very sunny day. When the sun got too much for us we would sit in the cabana. They are equipped with ceiling fans, a fridge, and a table with 4 chairs. They also have 2 reserved lounge chairs.

Patty

Oops, I almost forgot, they have a television.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter