Day 5- Coaster fun and fireworks

gschmerl

<font color=red>Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any l
Day five—MORE coaster fun and fireworks!
Cast Me 52 year old female
My friend 54 year old female

I once again got up early and went IOA alone. It was early entry day. I got there about 8:20, but not much was open. In fact they wouldn’t even open the gates to the Lost Continent. They finally opened them about 8:45 and I was off to Dueling Dragons again. Once again I was the first one up there. I rode the front row of fire three times and the front row of ice five times. I alternated between the two and definitely think I like ice better. Of course, those cork screws on fire are great. Then I went to Hulk. Flashed the magic key and got right up, but this times when I asked how to do the front row with the room key the guy said,”Well, you wait in line for an hour”. I liked yesterday’s guy better! I settled for getting right on the second row and rode the Hulk three times. After doing all these (11) coaster rides in a row, it was time to meet my friend. We did Spider Man again and walked right on with our keys. Some of the effects weren’t working this time. I convinced my friend to go on the Jurassic River ride. She liked it all except the final drop which she said scared her to death. We didn’t get too wet on this ride.
We grabbed gyros for lunch at the Fire Eaters Grille. They were very good. Then I had to stop at City Walk for my chocolate hazelnut gelato
Went back to the HRH pool by about 1:30 and relaxed. It’s so great out there!.
We went to the Hard Rock Café for dinner, because we LOVE their Pig sandwiches. There was a line winding around the building. We walked up to the door, showed our key, and were seated immediately!! LOVE that key!
Went to IOA. Rode Cat in the Hat again. Every time we went through Seuss Landing we noticed something we hadn’t seen before. It’s like eye candy.
Went to the back of the Discover center in Jurassic Park to watch the fireworks. US, IOA, and Citywalk all showed the same fireworks at the same time. There was also a blasting zone behind us in Jurassic Park. We were literally surrounded by fireworks. We didn’t know which way to look. It was great. All choreographed very well to music. Left the park at a leisurely pace. City Walk was still REALLY PACKED with all the people who watched the fireworks there.
Back to HRH to pack.

The July 4th fireworks were at both US,IOA and CityWalk all at one time. It was a special occassion. There are regular fireworks nightly through August 18.

Sounds like a great day. Must be so nice to just keep going on those coasters over and over again. Shoulda headed to DD right away when I was there instead of riding SM and Hulk. :)

can i have a magic key? btw going to DD right after doing the hulk twice is the best thing!

Can you see the fireworks from the HRH?
We arrive LATE (UK time) on August 18th so that will be our only chance of seeing them but by the time they start it will be 3:00 am for us!! :o

Xavier,
The fireworks shown on July 4 were easily seen from the HRH. However, all three areas won't be showing them on other nights, so I'm not sure.I would thin you could see them from the hotel though. Maybe some kind people who have been there since July 5 could help out here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter