DCL booking date for non-blue card DVC member?

smileyanna

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I am interested in booking a Disney cruise for summer 2025, paying cash. Are non-blue card DVC members able to book on the "DVC" eligibility date? It looks like this year DVC can book a day earlier than all access.
TIA!

Hi,
I am interested in booking a Disney cruise for summer 2025, paying cash. Are non-blue card DVC members able to book on the "DVC" eligibility date? It looks like this year DVC can book a day earlier than all access.
TIA!
Bumping this, since the early DVC booking starts soon. Anyone know if early cash cruise line booking privileges for DVC applies to non blue card/resale members?

I don’t know this, but I believe it is a membership extra.

If anyone has a data point from this last round, would be great to know.

For the Disney Destinations Disney Cruise page on the DVC Site:

Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras—such as exchange options in the Disney Collection, options offered through hotel exchange, certain discounts, offers and special events—are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and blockout dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Exchange options in the Disney Collection and options offered through hotel exchange are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

I'm relatively sure that to be considered a DVC Booking, at least one person has to book using points, and if you're not a Blue Card owner, you can not do so.

For the Disney Destinations Disney Cruise page on the DVC Site:

Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras—such as exchange options in the Disney Collection, options offered through hotel exchange, certain discounts, offers and special events—are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and blockout dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Exchange options in the Disney Collection and options offered through hotel exchange are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

I'm relatively sure that to be considered a DVC Booking, at least one person has to book using points, and if you're not a Blue Card owner, you can not do so.
I believe the OP was asking about booking direct through DCL or a TA when the DVC advanced booking window opens for newly released cruise dates.

I believe the OP was asking about booking direct through DCL or a TA when the DVC advanced booking window opens for newly released cruise dates.
Yes, but surely they'd need to verify your DVC membership to use the early booking window, and since it is a DVC Member perk, it would likely fall under the same rules.

Unless things have changed, it's only an extra day earlier than the general public. Thus, it likely won't make a big difference if OP isn't eligible, which seems petty to me if that's the case.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter