DCL Picture of the Day - Part 6

Great story; I was an officer in then USS CHANCELLORSVILLE (CG 62), now USS ROBERT F SMALLS, when we were tied up in Pearl over at Ford Island preparing to do a post overhaul missile firing over off the western side of Kaui. I get up one morning and the Missouri was being towed in and she was pushed into the berth directly ahead of us, and astern of the ARIZONA memorial. That day, a message came out requesting volunteers to come and give the Mo a painting and facelift. I was rolling haze grey paint on the O3 level next to an admiral the next day. There were so many sailors we painted her out in a day and a half. Then we went and fired a half dozen missiles for a clean sweep. This would've been in the summer of '97.

Great story; I was an officer in then USS CHANCELLORSVILLE (CG 62), now USS ROBERT F SMALLS, when we were tied up in Pearl over at Ford Island preparing to do a post overhaul missile firing over off the western side of Kaui. I get up one morning and the Missouri was being towed in and she was pushed into the berth directly ahead of us, and astern of the ARIZONA memorial. That day, a message came out requesting volunteers to come and give the Mo a painting and facelift. I was rolling haze grey paint on the O3 level next to an admiral the next day. There were so many sailors we painted her out in a day and a half. Then we went and fired a half dozen missiles for a clean sweep. This would've been in the summer of '97.
Yes, great story indeed! I'm sure you and the others made the "Mighty Moe" look her best back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter