DCP Spring Advantages Days Off

kread

Earning My Ears
I know this is a long ways away, but I will be applying to the DCP for SA 2019. Although, my cousin in getting married in Ireland in the beginning of June and I am in the wedding. Would there be a possibility of getting off and being able to go to the wedding? I have read alot of posts that ask about getting off in general, but nothing has really helped answer my question. I want to make sure this is something I could do since I already spent so much money on the wedding so far or if I should change my decision and just apply for the spring duration. Thanks in advance! pooh:

There is no guarantee, if you for sure want to have off I'd only do the Spring. PT and FT put in for days off in January, CPs can put in for days off once they have access to the hub, but there is a chance those days are already filled and you'd be on a waitlist. You could talk to your area leaders and they may or may not approve them or you can call in those days depending on how many points you have.

The chance is very very slim. Most CPs at best get like 5 days or a weekend off and they got really lucky. Also, those were back in the days when CPs could give away shifts which is no longer the case. Even then it was difficult. I'd agree in saying that you should do Spring rather than Spring Advantage. It would avoid the hassle.

Depends a lot on your location. Basically the way it works is that a certain number of blocks are allotted per day for cast members to book off through the hub, and once they're full, you get put on the waitlist and hope for the best. I was an ICP last summer and almost every day of my program was full for time off requests by the time I actually got access to the hub.

That being said, I never had trouble getting rid of shifts. Again, varies by location, but part timers are often eager to pick up and most locations have an FB page for you to find people to exchange shifts with. So it's entirely possible that you could get most of the shifts taken, and call out for whatever shifts you can't get rid of. (Not that I would condone that, of course. ;] )

If it's an option for you to apply for another program, though, you'll save yourself a lot of stress by doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter