DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! WOW! It's been a while since someone's been in here (slaps one of the rocker/recliners and watches dust fly everywhere). I've been busy lately and hadn't had time to get in, something I hope to change. I'm a local VFW commander, and I've been having problems with that. We've been talking about shutting down the post for lack of attendance and participation while trying to save it at the same time. We're also on probation from the state for not turning in quarterly reports, something we can't do when people don't show up, so I have an oversite committee to answer to. I'm so done with the VFW. Finally updated the internet here at the house. We've had DSL for 18 years, and in that 18 years it served us well. Well, over the last 3-4 years things have been getting steadily worse. I finally broke down and got Comcast Xfinity. I got a bundle of cable and internet that was only $2 more a month than from what I was paying with just regular cable. I went from 2.68 Mbs download speed to 63.33 Mbs, not the 300 Mbs I'm paying for, but that'll change when I install new coax cable.

Well, hope this will be what's needed to bring people back. Have a good day, Gents!

Last edited:
Hey guys, asking for a quick prayer. DW was just admitted to the hospital with chest pains and shortness of breath. Her normal cardio had scheduled her for tests but they were still a month out, but ER doc said she can't wait for that. So we have a full day of tests tomorrow. Echo, stress test, CT, LMNOP, etc.

I'm a local VFW commander, and I've been having problems with that. We've been talking about shutting down the post for lack of attendance and participation while trying to save it at the same time. We're also on probation from the state for not turning in quarterly reports, something we can't do when people don't show up, so I have an oversite committee to answer to. I'm so done with the VFW.
We have the same things going on up here. Our Legion halls are all slowly shutting down. I think it’s sad. But I guess time marches on and people do too.

Hey guys, asking for a quick prayer. DW was just admitted to the hospital with chest pains and shortness of breath. Her normal cardio had scheduled her for tests but they were still a month out, but ER doc said she can't wait for that. So we have a full day of tests tomorrow. Echo, stress test, CT, LMNOP, etc.
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well.

Hey, guys!

Hope all are well on this fine Thursday morning, Tuesday in pkondz's world. Did I get that right? Not much going on here. Went to the Mrs.' school last night, also where the DD goes to school, to take pictures of their spring musical Once Upon a Mattress Jr., based on Princess and the Pea. Carol Burnett was in the original cast on Broadway. Everyone did a great job and I so proud of all the kids, my DD especially. I'll be back there tonight after work taking more pictures.

After my DFiL passed, my DMiL got to talking to my DW about taking a trip to Ireland next year, a trip I fully support. My DMiL has been wanting to go to Ireland and trace her family roots for years. This, of course, got me thinking about another trip to Disney World for the DDCC. I'm not going to bring it up to the DW just yet, but I'll figure out a way to do it. We'll see.

Well, gotta run and get ready for work. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Consider it done, my friend.

We have the same things going on up here. Our Legion halls are all slowly shutting down. I think it’s sad. But I guess time marches on and people do too.

It is sad but as you said, time marches on. We technically should have shut down years ago but didn't. I feel like a failed post commander, but I've been told by many people that I kept a post going when it should have been shut down. Soo.....I guess there's something to that. The problem with the VFW, and I assume the Legion, is that the young veterans don't want to join. In my opinion the VFW is fighting the image of our grandfather's VFW. A place where people went to drink and socialize. And while some posts still do that, many posts are what we call Paper Posts. A posts that doesn't have building. I don't know al the answers, but it is difficult trying to grow a post.

Hope all are well on this fine Thursday morning, Tuesday in pkondz's world. Did I get that right?
Every day is a holiday here. Except when I’m working.

Oh.

Crap.
Went to the Mrs.' school last night, also where the DD goes to school, to take pictures of their spring musical Once Upon a Mattress Jr., based on Princess and the Pea. Carol Burnett was in the original cast on Broadway. Everyone did a great job and I so proud of all the kids, my DD especially.
Sounds like a fun night. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter