DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey guys, great news for my family today.

Oldest DD was offered a research grant to work at the university for the summer. It will pay for all next year's tuition!

She's done well. Her first year was covered by scholarships. This year she's paid for herself with money saved up from part time & summer jobs over the last few years.
I have an education fund set up for her too, but so far she hasn't needed it.

Hopefully she'll continue doing well and graduate debt free.

As an added bonus, this is my last night shift before I get a week off. I haven't had a proper drink of rum in 2 weeks. Time to fix that tomorrow!

Morning, Gents! As I'm typing this, its 5 am and I'm up and ready to take the wife to the hospital. Yes, that's right, we got the insurance taken care of. According to my wife, my mother-in-law/attorney was not needed, so my wife handled it, and my wife can be just as much of a bulldog as my MiL. So all is well now and my wife will be in the hospital today and into tomorrow, so prayers for a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to drop her off and then head into work for a half-day, no reason for me to sit around the hospital waiting, and with the hospital only a 10 minute drive from work, I can be there quickly if anything happens. Also, I'm going to get forklift training today, something I've always wanted, even though I don't plan on being in a job that requires that for the rest of my life...it's something I've always wanted. And besides, with me still not having a full-time permanent job, it'll add a skill set I can use to get a job. Oh, speaking of jobs, the local healthcare group, Cape Cod Healthcare, will be having an HR walk-in session today from 2pm to 6pm today, and I'm planning on being there.....so another request for good thoughts and prayers, please.

Still not guaranteed with agency. I know people who have lost reservations. Sure, they got their money, but lost their vacation. And, sometimes you only get flight credits instead of refunds.

This is something that scares me about renting DVC points.

And I'd never do dvc thru an agency. I would go thru one of our Disdads.

:thumbsup2

Oh, man... and yet...I'm not surprised. Insurance agencies are not hear for you. They're here to make money. Generally, the go to method is to always deny first and hope that's as far as it goes.

Which is ridiculous... But that seems to be the norm.

Neither am I. They were willing to take our money, but not give us what we paid for. Well, I'm happy to announce that all is well. My wife called and got on them and got them to cover her....so we're now about to head out to the hospital.

Get that.
Get to know the folks around here a bit more and you'll get more comfortable with the idea.

:thumbsup2 I like that idea, but questions abound, which will have to be asked at a later date. I'm about to head out. And about the talk of the DVC points, thanks for all the reassuring messages about the Dads around here...it makes me feel better knowing that so many of you guys trust each other they way you do.

And it felt good! And to date, I've thrown away over $400K worth of product, some even managed to make it home with me. :teeth:

Oldest DD was offered a research grant to work at the university for the summer. It will pay for all next year's tuition!

She's done well. Her first year was covered by scholarships. This year she's paid for herself with money saved up from part time & summer jobs over the last few years.

As an added bonus, this is my last night shift before I get a week off. I haven't had a proper drink of rum in 2 weeks. Time to fix that tomorrow!

That's awesome! You have a wonderful daughter. Congratulations!

Morning, Gents! As I'm typing this, its 5 am and I'm up and ready to take the wife to the hospital. Yes, that's right, we got the insurance taken care of. According to my wife, my mother-in-law/attorney was not needed, so my wife handled it, and my wife can be just as much of a bulldog as my MiL. So all is well now and my wife will be in the hospital today and into tomorrow, so prayers for a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated.
Wishing your wife the best for a quick recovery.

Oh, speaking of jobs, the local healthcare group, Cape Cod Healthcare, will be having an HR walk-in session today from 2pm to 6pm today, and I'm planning on being there.....so another request for good thoughts and prayers, please.
Sending good vibes your way.

Morning, Gents! As I'm typing this, its 5 am and I'm up and ready to take the wife to the hospital. Yes, that's right, we got the insurance taken care of. According to my wife, my mother-in-law/attorney was not needed, so my wife handled it, and my wife can be just as much of a bulldog as my MiL. So all is well now and my wife will be in the hospital today and into tomorrow, so prayers for a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to drop her off and then head into work for a half-day, no reason for me to sit around the hospital waiting, and with the hospital only a 10 minute drive from work, I can be there quickly if anything happens. Also, I'm going to get forklift training today, something I've always wanted, even though I don't plan on being in a job that requires that for the rest of my life...it's something I've always wanted. And besides, with me still not having a full-time permanent job, it'll add a skill set I can use to get a job. Oh, speaking of jobs, the local healthcare group, Cape Cod Healthcare, will be having an HR walk-in session today from 2pm to 6pm today, and I'm planning on being there.....so another request for good thoughts and prayers, please.

This is something that scares me about renting DVC points.

:thumbsup2

Neither am I. They were willing to take our money, but not give us what we paid for. Well, I'm happy to announce that all is well. My wife called and got on them and got them to cover her....so we're now about to head out to the hospital.

:thumbsup2 I like that idea, but questions abound, which will have to be asked at a later date. I'm about to head out. And about the talk of the DVC points, thanks for all the reassuring messages about the Dads around here...it makes me feel better knowing that so many of you guys trust each other they way you do.

And it felt good! And to date, I've thrown away over $400K worth of product, some even managed to make it home with me. :teeth:

That's awesome! You have a wonderful daughter. Congratulations!
praying

Wow, that's awesome! If she can graduate without debt, she'll be in such great shape. That's my dream for my daughter but it's going to be a struggle.

As I'm typing this, its 5 am and I'm up and ready to take the wife to the hospital. Yes, that's right, we got the insurance taken care of.

Great! Hope the procedure goes well and she recovers quickly.

Oh, speaking of jobs, the local healthcare group, Cape Cod Healthcare, will be having an HR walk-in session today from 2pm to 6pm today, and I'm planning on being there.....so another request for good thoughts and prayers, please.

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

You all know what day it is ------- Good luck!

If you're buying, then I'm eating.

I was running a practice and DW made pasta, sorry can't help.

Awesome, what the project?

Good luck to both of you.

That is fantastic news! What year is she? Is she interested in going on to grad school? I was part of a research program my last two years of undergrad (though it 'only' paid for my summer housing and a small stipend between jr and sr year.. no tuition), and being in a lab, doing research, and being a co-author on my first paper is what made me decide to go on to grad school. I am so glad that universities are taking undergrad research more seriously, as it really helps a lot of students find a calling for what they want to do.

When I was doing my grad research, and later doing post-doc research positions, I loved having undergrads doing research. There was some hand-holding involved (as would be expected), but the enthusiasm, and dedication of the undergrads I worked with was amazing!

Hey Jeff, tell your daughter,

Image result for hancock gif

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much to report around here. Looking forward to baseball season as I think the Cubs are going to have a much better year than most are predicting. Blackhawks recent bad stretch hurt their playoff push though they still are close enough if they get hot over the last 20 games. Be safe out there.

That's awesome, congrats to DD. Enjoy your break in the work schedule as well
Good luck with everything today, all the best to the Mrs

Morning, gents.
After a short respite, it's back to training the new guy today.
<sigh> At least another 25 shifts to go...

Hey! That's terrific! Congrats to her!
Nice. Those RESPs are such a great thing to have.
Enjoy the time off!
As I'm typing this, its 5 am and I'm up and ready to take the wife to the hospital. Yes, that's right, we got the insurance taken care of.
Well, thank goodness for that!
According to my wife, my mother-in-law/attorney was not needed, so my wife handled it, and my wife can be just as much of a bulldog as my MiL.
Keep staying on her good side. Just saying...
so prayers for a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated.
Thoughts and prayers for a routine surgery and speedy recovery.
Also, I'm going to get forklift training today, something I've always wanted,
Cool!
.it's something I've always wanted.
Well... yeah. We all do.
Good luck!
They were willing to take our money, but not give us what we paid for.
That's how it works... :sad2:
And about the talk of the DVC points, thanks for all the reassuring messages about the Dads around here...it makes me feel better knowing that so many of you guys trust each other they way you do.
I think everyone here is pretty trustworthy. Well, everyone except @Captain_Oblivious … but he doesn't have points anyways.
Whoa...
February 19!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much to report around here. Looking forward to baseball season as I think the Cubs are going to have a much better year than most are predicting. Blackhawks recent bad stretch hurt their playoff push though they still are close enough if they get hot over the last 20 games. Be safe out there.

Well you guys picked up a great quality player in Jason Kipnis.....He's a good dude and a consistent player offensively and defensively. It'll be interesting to see what the Indians do at second base now.

Morning all. Working afternoon/ evening and won't drop in tonight. Hope you all have a great day.

Congrats to her on the grant and you on the time off.

I remember those days at the grocery store. What are the odds that so much product was damaged and ended up in the trunk of car? I did try to help them lower their trash footprint. :lmao:

Married. There's a better of me winning the lottery than hump day.

Maybe the Cubs can contact the people who did the technology & construction for the Astros. That will help.

Brought to you by Hallmark and Mabelline?

They'll look good on you when we do elegant night on the cruise.

They match my rhinestone budgie smugglers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!