DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Happy Friday Eve! Snowing here in Nashville again and on the work front can't fix stupid. Blackhawks gagged last night against the Rangers at home so I'm pretty much writing them off again this year.
I'll accept that. ::yes::

But what about...
Image result for snl da bears
Da Bears! The two Major League Teams from Cliff refers to baseball but as I pointed out is inaccurate.

Good Morning Gents!

About to go get kiddos on the bus... -7F here.. Ugh. Normally I find those who drive their kids to the bus stop, and wait in the car, a bit.. wimpy.. But this morning, I am going to be wimping out with them... Car is running, warming up right now, and about to pile in and drive to the end of the drive for the bus.

Morning All,

One week from today I will be getting ready to head south for a nice 8 day cruise. Since today and tomorrow have windchill warnings of between -25 and -30 Celsius I can't wait to start this trip! To help with the conversion that's about -15 to -10 Fahrenheit.

Work is busy enough that the next few days should fly by.

Stay warm all and have a great Thursday.

And what was supposed to be a simple "get the kids on the bus" turned into a slight ordeal. Get to the bus stop, sitting there, and I realize my older son, has NO HAT OR GLOVES. REALLY!?!?!? Did you not feel how quickly the snot in your nose was frozen solid on our 30' walk to the car this morning? Several scolding irritated phrases were said to my son. So we turn around, go home, get the hat and gloves, turn back, drive out, and just barely made the bus.

Bus pulls up, we hop out of the car, as the kids are getting on the bus, the driver (who we've gotten to know over the years) says "Mark.. its freezing outside... where is your hat???" Older son turns to me, and gives me "a look" :blush:

Morning All,

One week from today I will be getting ready to head south for a nice 8 day cruise. Since today and tomorrow have windchill warnings of between -25 and -30 Celsius I can't wait to start this trip! To help with the conversion that's about -15 to -10 Fahrenheit.

Enjoy escaping the cold! But not too much.. because a real man embraces the icicles hanging from his beard.

:rotfl2:

"Do as I say, not as I do"

--Every Dad, everywhere

:D That or simply "Don't give me that look!"

To be fair, the reason I had no hat/gloves, is I ran into the house to help him find HIS hat and gloves as he complained that he "couldn't find them" (they were right in the bin where they were supposed to be) and in the process I took off my hat and left it inside.

Happy Thursday. Received an email from one of the 9 bosses scheduling an event an April. I reminded them they already approved that vacation day and should check their calendar. So, I'm done for the week with some load management planned for tomorrow. It's made it up to 40 here, but that is still too cold.

No they don't. The White Sucks are what one considers as minor league

Guy at work said to go to White Sox games since tickets are cheap and no one goes. :lmao:

Morning All,

Remind me, where you going on the cruise? DW keeps wanting to do US Virgin Islands or Cuba on the next cruise. And, she's looking at all inclusive resorts as well.

Remind me, where you going on the cruise? DW keeps wanting to do US Virgin Islands or Cuba on the next cruise. And, she's looking at all inclusive resorts as well.

We are leaving from Port Everglades and have stops in St Maarten, San Juan, Tortola and Grand Turk. It's a mini DisDads cruise with the Chief and Brian Blatt joining in with their better looking significant others.

About to go get kiddos on the bus... -7F here..
Yeah... cold enough to get a ride.
One week from today I will be getting ready to head south for a nice 8 day cruise.
Nice... :thumbsup2
Since today and tomorrow have windchill warnings of between -25 and -30 Celsius I can't wait to start this trip!
Yeah, there's an incentive if I've ever heard one!
Get to the bus stop, sitting there, and I realize my older son, has NO HAT OR GLOVES. REALLY!?!?!?
:lmao:
I am so familiar with this routine!
Bus pulls up, we hop out of the car, as the kids are getting on the bus, the driver (who we've gotten to know over the years) says "Mark.. its freezing outside... where is your hat???" Older son turns to me, and gives me "a look" :blush:
:rotfl2:
Guy at work said to go to White Sox games since tickets are cheap and no one goes. :lmao:
:laughing:
Wait... we do cruises?!?! Is that included in my membership fee?? :D
Of course. You get the package with all the details after you send in your dues.

Interesting couple of days. Went into work Wednesday AM to find out we have been quarantined and had no internet access and couldn't even print because the printer was networked to everything. No big deal for me as I had field work I could do. Today the situation became clearer. After out local IT guy, nice guy and more qualified than I am but that isn't saying anything, spent all day Wed with 2 folks from the main Ivory Tower only to find out that the folks in the big city had shut us down and not bothered to tell us or even the other folks in their office. We had a couple of computers still running "Windows 7 which is verboten!" Now since they have already shut us down they are going to make an example out of us and all computers must be continually on and logged into through the main campus. We figure at 2 hours per computer if our local guy knows how to do it, it should only take a little over a week to get reconnected to the rest of the world. :rotfl2::rotfl2:It is an inconvenience for me as I have to drag files back and forth to the laptop and work from my recliner when I feel like it but I have plenty of field work to do as well. The folks who really take a beating are the financial folks and administrative people. They aren't allowed to put files on laptops as they deal with a lot of confidential information so for two days they haven't been able to do anything. Guess they will have to get paid for staying home until all this is resolved. As appealing as it sounds it just means they get further behind and everyone that is depending on them is SOL.

Add in an interesting girls HS BBall came last night and I am ready for some peace and quiet. We were playing a school we have a history with, away. and before our girls even left for the game Coach told them they would have to dominate because the refs are biased. And they were. Their center got a technical for a flagrant shove in the back of our center and two minutes later she tried to put a knee into our leading guard that wasn't even called. She should have been ejected and forced to sit the next two games but it was ignored. That was just a small example of how we were playing against 5+ on the court. Thankfully we pulled it out and even more important than our winning was handing them a loss on their last home game of the season despite the unfair conditions. Happy Friday Eve.

Went into work Wednesday AM to find out we have been quarantined
When I first read that, I thought you were talking about the coronavirus! :eek:
Add in an interesting girls HS BBall came last night and I am ready for some peace and quiet. We were playing a school we have a history with, away. and before our girls even left for the game Coach told them they would have to dominate because the refs are biased. And they were. Their center got a technical for a flagrant shove in the back of our center and two minutes later she tried to put a knee into our leading guard that wasn't even called. She should have been ejected and forced to sit the next two games but it was ignored. That was just a small example of how we were playing against 5+ on the court. Thankfully we pulled it out and even more important than our winning was handing them a loss on their last home game of the season despite the unfair conditions
:sad2:
I presume the refs are related to the home team somehow? And... you'd think they'd get unbiased refs?????

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 hour driving day again for me to our other facility but I have good team here and it does get me away from the corporate office BS. Just looking forward to getting to tomorrow as that will the 14 day mark for next trip to DaWorld and the 120 day mark for our DCL cruise and I will find out if I got the Cabana reservations we wanted at Castaway Cay. Other than that and heading out to our favorite date night bar / restaurant tomorrow night just relaxing this weekend. Enjoy gentlemen!
Add in an interesting girls HS BBall came last night and I am ready for some peace and quiet. We were playing a school we have a history with, away. and before our girls even left for the game Coach told them they would have to dominate because the refs are biased. And they were. Their center got a technical for a flagrant shove in the back of our center and two minutes later she tried to put a knee into our leading guard that wasn't even called. She should have been ejected and forced to sit the next two games but it was ignored. That was just a small example of how we were playing against 5+ on the court. Thankfully we pulled it out and even more important than our winning was handing them a loss on their last home game of the season despite the unfair conditions. Happy Friday Eve.
Sounds like a ladies version of Hoosiers. Great movie and glad your girls won.

Wait... we do cruises?!?! Is that included in my membership fee?? :D

Let it never be said that you don't get what you pay for here.

Interesting couple of days. Went into work Wednesday AM to find out we have been quarantined and had no internet access and couldn't even print because the printer was networked to everything. No big deal for me as I had field work I could do. Today the situation became clearer. After out local IT guy, nice guy and more qualified than I am but that isn't saying anything, spent all day Wed with 2 folks from the main Ivory Tower only to find out that the folks in the big city had shut us down and not bothered to tell us or even the other folks in their office.

Nice to see that the overlords are giving you the quality tools you need to do your job!

Thankfully we pulled it out and even more important than our winning was handing them a loss on their last home game of the season despite the unfair conditions. Happy Friday Eve.

When all is said and done, they overcame and prevailed. Nice!

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 hour driving day again for me to our other facility but I have good team here and it does get me away from the corporate office BS. Just looking forward to getting to tomorrow as that will the 14 day mark for next trip to DaWorld and the 120 day mark for our DCL cruise and I will find out if I got the Cabana reservations we wanted at Castaway Cay. Other than that and heading out to our favorite date night bar / restaurant tomorrow night just relaxing this weekend. Enjoy gentlemen!

Oooohhh.....a cabana.......that's Fancy!

Interesting couple of days. Went into work Wednesday AM to find out we have been quarantined and had no internet access and couldn't even print because the printer was networked to everything. No big deal for me as I had field work I could do. Today the situation became clearer. After out local IT guy, nice guy and more qualified than I am but that isn't saying anything, spent all day Wed with 2 folks from the main Ivory Tower only to find out that the folks in the big city had shut us down and not bothered to tell us or even the other folks in their office. We had a couple of computers still running "Windows 7 which is verboten!" Now since they have already shut us down they are going to make an example out of us and all computers must be continually on and logged into through the main campus. We figure at 2 hours per computer if our local guy knows how to do it, it should only take a little over a week to get reconnected to the rest of the world. :rotfl2::rotfl2:It is an inconvenience for me as I have to drag files back and forth to the laptop and work from my recliner when I feel like it but I have plenty of field work to do as well. The folks who really take a beating are the financial folks and administrative people. They aren't allowed to put files on laptops as they deal with a lot of confidential information so for two days they haven't been able to do anything. Guess they will have to get paid for staying home until all this is resolved. As appealing as it sounds it just means they get further behind and everyone that is depending on them is SOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter