DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I got news that my niece was recently traveling in Europe, returned home to California through crowded airports and now has COVID-19. She is not hospitalized, and they're calling it a "moderate" case, but it still doesn't sound like a walk in the park. She's having episodes of shortness of breath that sound very scary. Praying it gets better soon.
Sending prayers

Top O the Morning Dads! Hope all are doing well as I know many are going through some type of challenge with either someone they know with this dang thing or just a bit of stress tied to all that is going on. Looking forward to our next Zoom chat and to everyone's next visit to DaWorld whenever that may be. Take care everybody.
I got news that my niece was recently traveling in Europe, returned home to California through crowded airports and now has COVID-19. She is not hospitalized, and they're calling it a "moderate" case, but it still doesn't sound like a walk in the park. She's having episodes of shortness of breath that sound very scary. Praying it gets better soon.
Very sorry to hear, hope she recovers quickly - thoughts and pixie dust sent her way
Yes it's just a trickle compared to what it was.
#TWSS

Morning gents...

So the day after my first day of trying to run. Let's see... Achilles hurts, thighs hurt, back hurts.
Is that good or bad?
I must admit to being worried about the back. Kind of good news, bad news. It hurts because muscles are getting used... which is good because that will help strengthen it and hopefully keep me from throwing it out. Then again... when my back muscles get overused is when I do throw it out.

Went to Costco this morning. I called yesterday to confirm store hours and they open at 10am. I got there a little after nine and the store was open and the line stretched two sides of the parking lot and beyond. I called and was told they were open at 8:00 for seniors and 9:00 for everyone else. Great. I turned around and went home.

Cheeky 10k run this morning
Little bit in awe of that.
We are visiting China tonight in the World Showcase extravaganza, with Chicken Stir Fry and Shrimp and Egg fried rice, in "Mulan's Dojo"
Dang, that sounds good.

Dang being the name of the Chinese cook at the restaurant down the street, of course. I told him about it.
Good job! (If only there was a gif around here for that....)
No such thing. Nope.
Mildest spring we've had in years here and the only thing I can do to enjoy it is take walks around the neighborhood. Or do yardwork, which kind of defeats the purpose.
Very mild here too. Pretty sure I can take my bike out already.
I got news that my niece was recently traveling in Europe, returned home to California through crowded airports and now has COVID-19.
oh, man... But not surprised she caught it.
She is not hospitalized, and they're calling it a "moderate" case, but it still doesn't sound like a walk in the park. She's having episodes of shortness of breath that sound very scary. Praying it gets better soon.
That doesn't sound good at all. :( Hope she gets better, soon.
Thank goodness I wasn't in this for the short term.
I feel terrible for those people who were retiring this year based on their portfolio. Not yet, I'm afraid.
I kept trying to do that for years and after about 3-4 weeks of running, my heel would develop plantar fasciitis and I'd have to shut it down. Which was fine with me, because I've learned I really hate running. Trying to ride my stationary bike as much as I can now.
Funny you should say that... see above.
By the way, if you're ever in Cincinnati for some reason, try the Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse. Best ribs I've ever had.
Great. Now you tell me!
This shut down is hitting our sport organizations hard
Yeah, I figured it would. This thing has so many repercussions that have nothing to do with being sick.
Kept my feet dry 😜
You do know that when you're finished, you can take the rubbers off, right?

Good morning! Mildest spring we've had in years here and the only thing I can do to enjoy it is take walks around the neighborhood. Or do yardwork, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Prayers for your niece.

It was sunny and low 80's on Saturday, still pleasant on Sunday and has gone downhill since. Drizzle and 44 today. This weather doesn't help people stay healthy either. Good chance to get caught up on labeling all those pictures from over the years and trying to file them so I can find them when I need them.

Good news on my co-worker. Turns out the potential brain tumor was "just" an infection from his sinuses. Lost sight in one eye that may or may not come back but still better than it could have been. Just another reminder to get to your medical provider if you need to. Ignoring infections is never a good idea.

Good news on my co-worker. Turns out the potential brain tumor was "just" an infection from his sinuses. Lost sight in one eye that may or may not come back but still better than it could have been. Just another reminder to get to your medical provider if you need to. Ignoring infections is never a good idea

Glad to hear your co-workers health issue is not as serious as first thought. Hopefully their sight will return.

Good news on my co-worker. Turns out the potential brain tumor was "just" an infection from his sinuses. Lost sight in one eye that may or may not come back but still better than it could have been. Just another reminder to get to your medical provider if you need to. Ignoring infections is never a good idea.

That's some good news right there.

Hope she's better soon.
All the best to your niece mate, hope she gets better soon.
Sending prayers
Very sorry to hear, hope she recovers quickly - thoughts and pixie dust sent her way
That doesn't sound good at all. :( Hope she gets better, soon.
Prayers for your niece.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

Dam good work there!

Went to Costco this morning. I called yesterday to confirm store hours and they open at 10am. I got there a little after nine and the store was open and the line stretched two sides of the parking lot and beyond. I called and was told they were open at 8:00 for seniors and 9:00 for everyone else. Great. I turned around and went home.

That almost happened to me at Costco too. Thought it was opening at 9:30, got there at 9:15. It was already open and the parking lot was 3/4 full. Still glad I got there early.

So the day after my first day of trying to run. Let's see... Achilles hurts, thighs hurt, back hurts.
Is that good or bad?
I must admit to being worried about the back. Kind of good news, bad news. It hurts because muscles are getting used... which is good because that will help strengthen it and hopefully keep me from throwing it out. Then again... when my back muscles get overused is when I do throw it out.

To me, this is just more proof that running is bad for you.

I feel terrible for those people who were retiring this year based on their portfolio. Not yet, I'm afraid.

I hate that most retirements are mostly dependent on gambling when the market will be up now. Very thankful I get a pension. That's the benefit that has kept me at the state all these years.

Great. Now you tell me!

Well, save it for your next Cincinnati trip!

Glad to hear it's not a tumor! Hope he can regain his sight.

Good news on my co-worker. Turns out the potential brain tumor was "just" an infection from his sinuses. Lost sight in one eye that may or may not come back but still better than it could have been.
Good not being a tumour. Hope the sight comes back.
That almost happened to me at Costco too. Thought it was opening at 9:30, got there at 9:15. It was already open and the parking lot was 3/4 full. Still glad I got there early.
I’ll try again tomorrow.
To me, this is just more proof that running is bad for you.
::yes::
I hate that most retirements are mostly dependent on gambling when the market will be up now. Very thankful I get a pension. That's the benefit that has kept me at the state all these years.
Same here. 6 more years...

Dang, that sounds good.
Dang being the name of the Chinese cook at the restaurant down the street, of course. I told him about it.
Oh, well played mate.
Is that good or bad?
Remember to have rest days. You have to break muscle and rest it to build it up. The only one I would watch is your Achilles. Make sure you are stretching. It shouldn't blow as jogging is not that dynamic, but be careful. A bit like the back, shovelling snow is much more dynamic than jogging.
By the way, if you're ever in Cincinnati for some reason, try the Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse. Best ribs I've ever had.
So, that's one reason to visit Cincinatti. Thanks man. My favourite 2 places in the states is an old converted Gas Station in St Simon's Island in GA called Southern Soul, and Twin Anchors in Chicago. I'm looking forward to hitting Franklin once in.my lifetime for brisket. I think we should do that as a trip.

Theres a few action shots of tonights EPCOT taste sensation...

Remember to have rest days. You have to break muscle and rest it to build it up. The only one I would watch is your Achilles. Make sure you are stretching. It shouldn't blow as jogging is not that dynamic, but be careful. A bit like the back, shovelling snow is much more dynamic than jogging.
The trainer app says 3 times/week. So yesterday, possibly tomorrow and... we'll see. If not tomorrow, the next day. But then I go on a string of midnight shifts, so that will make it a bit problematic.
Theres a few action shots of tonights EPCOT taste sensation...
Thanks for those!

Morning, folks.
How's everyone doing?

Had a crappy night last night. Had heartburn and despite taking tums, it didn't ease off until midnight. Fell asleep pretty much right away, but one of the kids was up at 1am and made some noise. Woke me a bit, but... That noise got one dog up. That dog woke the other dog. They woke the Mrs. She got up, which got me pretty much awake and then the heartburn kicked in again.

Ah well... one hour of sleep is plenty, isn't it?

Hoping to get some rest tonight. It's my last night I can before working the next four midnight shifts.

Had a crappy night last night. Had heartburn and despite taking tums, it didn't ease off until midnight. Fell asleep pretty much right away, but one of the kids was up at 1am and made some noise. Woke me a bit, but... That noise got one dog up. That dog woke the other dog. They woke the Mrs. She got up, which got me pretty much awake and then the heartburn kicked in again.

Ah well... one hour of sleep is plenty, isn't it?

Sorry, man. That's no fun. Hope you can take a nap today and get caught up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!