DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I've been searching through the same market 'round this way.
The size of it is generally measured in microns.

About the same here. I'm hoping I can just offset the difference between my retirement income and my current 2nd job. I could just cut expenses, but when you are married, that philosophy doesn't exist.

You aren't old yet you whippersnapper and ifyou keep up with the keto and the tennis and you won't be fat either. In today's world you don't even have to be a guy either. You can self-identify however you want though I haven't had much success identifying as independently wealthy.

Well, if we wait for the keto and tennis to work for me to be no longer fat, then I will definitely be too old. It's nice to have options, but i'm struggling with what I want to do. Since I can pass a drug test, I'm more hireable than many. Do I want to go work a manufacturing job that has lots of OT and pays well but makes me physically work? I haven't done that in years.

Looks like it's a go for launch. Figured the weather would stop it again, but weather is a go according to tweet from NASA administrator.

That was terrific to see. I just hope the decepticons don't get them on the dark side of the moon. Maybe the Mayans forgot to carry the one and 2020 is really the end for us.

Hey guys what's up?
Been hanging out on the FB group for a while just cause it's easier but I have given up on FB at least for a while. Can't deal with all the BS.
Glad to be back hope I can can actually keep up this time around.
How are things going?

Last edited:
Hey guys what's up?
Been hanging out on the FB group for a while just cause it's easier but I have given up on FB at least for a while. Can't deal with all the BS.
How are things going?
:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Maroonag1!:welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #730

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Morning Guys.

Beautiful morning in my lovely part of the world. Not sure what's on for today, maybe helping my FIL hang a door at his brother's place. He had his leg amputated from the knee down earlier this year and my FIL had been helping him make some changes in his house. They are hanging a barn door on the bathroom and need someone to hold it up. I think I can handle that.

Looking forward to seeing the Space X capsule dock this morning, that should be cool to watch.

Have a great Sunday all and all of you in the big cities south of us, stay safe.

Last edited:
:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Maroonag1!:welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #730

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​
Good to see I got my old number back. Thanks for holding on to it for me.

Still here. Welcome home.

Good to be back.

Summer empty house has officially started. My youngest DD is off for the summer, she will be working for my brother till school starts back so the wife and I have the house to ourselves.
Can't wait till she gets back so I don't have to deal with my wife by myself

Made pork tenderloin for lunch, and have been enjoying a beautiful Sunday outdoors with tequila, beer, and a cigar. All it's missing is an ocean. 50 more days to our trip to WDW. Life is good today.

Summer empty house has officially started. My youngest DD is off for the summer, she will be working for my brother till school starts back so the wife and I have the house to ourselves.
Can't wait till she gets back so I don't have to deal with my wife by myself

But, if it is just you and your wife, then it evens out. She gets 1 vote and you get her vote. Wait.....

Evening, folks.

Not a bad day. I slept in til…. wait for it... 11am. I haven't done that (unless I'm working the night shift) since I was a kid!
Guess I was a tad tired.

Gorgeous day here today. Sunny and 75. Did the weekly shopping, visited my folks (took the bike so was a nice two-fer), made chicken pot pie for dinner. Recipe makes two so brought one over to the folks.

Ran almost 4.5K yesterday (30 minute fun). And while my hip was so bad after I could hardly walk, after an ibuprofen and a soak in a hot bath, it felt better and it's only a little sore today. So... progress on all fronts?

I went out the front door and got a couple of pictures, but lots of cloud cover, so not much :sad:
Too bad. Good show on TV at least.
I have given up on FB at least for a while. Can't deal with all the BS.
Yeah... I do only a very small bit of FBing. And that's plenty. A lot of angry people on there and it's just not my thing.
Looking forward to seen the Space X capsule dock this morning, that should be cool to watch.
I missed it but heard it was only so/so of a show.

Good morning, fellas. Beautiful weekend here, as long as you ignore the stuff going on everywhere else. I did get to watch the SpaceX launch, so that was pretty cool.

1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  2. Dole Whip or Mickey Bar
  3. MK Main St USA or Worldshowcase
  4. Poly or Boardwalk
  5. Jock Lindseys or Nomad Lounge

1. Probably POC for me. All depends on the skipper of JC.
2. Dole Whip every day and twice on Sunday.
3. World Showcase. More to see and do.
4. Poly. Since I live near the Atlantic boardwalk, the Poly is much more exotic to me. And Dole Whips.
5. Jock Lindseys. Can't pass up anything Indiana Jones related.

Ran almost 4.5K yesterday (30 minute fun). And while my hip was so bad after I could hardly walk, after an ibuprofen and a soak in a hot bath, it felt better and it's only a little sore today. So... progress on all fronts?

Congratulations on achieving Total Neutrality!

Monday AM 41 degrees and feels like early October and by Thursday we will be back up in the 90's. Nothing like a little variety. Built the foundation for the new mattress this weekend. We were expecting delivery today and it was only 3 hours away yesterday but for some reason they decided to send it over to Norm so now it needs to come back from that end of the state. The least they could do is bring some BBQ mutton with it since it went that far. Lots of work waiting for me this week and just need to decide where to jump in. Anything is better than watching the chaos happening in the cities. I talked with my brother, a LEO, and my nephew still hasn't rethought his career plans and will be finishing up at the Police Academy our Chief's fair state this month.

Afternoon chaps from a sunny and glorious London. Birthday shenanigans over the weekend, so back into the work mode, having one of those days when you looked at the clock and it was 8am, and now it's past 2pm already.

Looks like it's a go for launch.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor? Roger, Over. Huh? What? Who?
Sunday outdoors with tequila, beer, and a cigar.
I swapped the Tequila for wine, but it sounds like we had a similar Sunday afternoon.
Ran almost 4.5K yesterday (30 minute fun).
Yeah! Only 500m to go!!! Its in the bag!!
Nice to see you back sir. Your chair is still over there. Just slide the empty Pizza Boxes off, and put the bong back over in the corner, and it'll be like you never left.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Crazy times for sure, all the malls in the suburbs of Nashville closed yesterday due to concerns. Several towns other than Nashville having to issue curfews. Beautiful weather this weekend but gonna be a bit Orlando 90's and humid this week but I'll take it.

Everyone be safe and healthy and thoughts are with all of us right now during these challenging days.

OK now for Some WDW fun.......
  1. Wishes or Illuminations?
  2. MK or AK rope drop?
  3. Spectromagic or Main St Electrical Parade?
  4. Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?
  5. Tipsy Ducks in Love or one of the Slushes in France?
For the Record from Friday's list
  1. POC or Jungle Cruise? POC - best memory / attraction from my only visit as a young kid
  2. Dole Whip or Mickey Bar? Mickey Bar
  3. MK Main St USA or Worldshowcase? MK Main St - especially at night with all the lights and more of a cozy atmosphere loaded with anticipation for the evening fireworks
  4. Poly or Boardwalk? Boardwalk - location, location, location. C'mon, walking distance to Rose & Crown combined with lake view
  5. Jock Lindseys or Nomad Lounge? Tough one but I go Jocks for the themeing and they have upped their food game lately

Hey guys what's up?
How are things going?
Welcome Home!
Made pork tenderloin for lunch, and have been enjoying a beautiful Sunday outdoors with tequila, beer, and a cigar. All it's missing is an ocean. 50 more days to our trip to WDW. Life is good today.
Sounds like a Zac Brown Band tune. Did a bit of the same this weekend only bourbon rather than tequila
Evening, folks.

Not a bad day. I slept in til…. wait for it... 11am. I haven't done that (unless I'm working the night shift) since I was a kid!
Guess I was a tad tired.

Gorgeous day here today. Sunny and 75. Did the weekly shopping, visited my folks (took the bike so was a nice two-fer), made chicken pot pie for dinner. Recipe makes two so brought one over to the folks.

Sounds like you had a real good day right there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!