DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

:laughing:
They did bring in a vendor truck and everyone got free ice cream today
But your scheduling plan was a terrible idea. :lmao::sad2:
Oh, sure! Blame me! :laughing:
Hope it works out for him. I've known some who did well with hearing aides and others who didn't.
<sigh> Appointment 2 of 4 down. Today they paid and (I presume) picked what they wanted? Next one in October is for sizing, I think? And then fitting in November. Ridiculous.
They have a 90 day money back guarantee (and it's Costco, so you know it's legit), so not very worried about it. Either they'll work or they won't.
If it's recent, then it's probably due to COVID. From what they've discussed so far, they can't keep enough employees or produce enough sauce to meet the demand.
It was sometime this summer.

"We regret to inform you that RAGÚ® has made the hard decision to exit the Canadian pasta-sauce market. We hope that you have enjoyed the delicious taste of RAGÚ® and are very sorry for any inconvenience. For further questions please visit our website at https://bit.ly/2Cb5sNp."

Morning chaps from a bright and breezy London. Date night with the Lady K tonight, so we are off to one of our favourite Steakhouses in London. There will be cocktails, there will be wine. Oh yes. There will be wine.

They did bring in a vendor truck and everyone got free ice cream today, as in everyone in the factory. It is great to be working for a for-profit company.
Perks are nice. I miss "Minifig Friday" where we used to get a couple of little Minifig packets for the kids just for turning up on a Friday, as there used to be less than 40 people there.
The Italian Open from Rome has a pretty cool venue, almost like the have tennis courts set up in ancient roman venues.
It does look cool. London did that a little bit in the 2012 Olympics, I got lucky and watched the Women's beach volleyball in Horseguards Parade, which is where Her Majesty troops the colour, and is right on the back of 10 Downing St.
Made it home from day #2 & still employed.
Congrats?
I rearrange my schedule and just before I leave to pick them up, she calls and tells me that Costco just called and she made a mistake and it's actually for Thursday. But she can't do 4pm, so she changes it to 4:45...
The same time I originally booked.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
It's strange when you hit your 40s you end up parenting upwards and downwards....
Maybe I'll get there one day.
I'm in. Rome is one of my favourite places in the world. As you have probably worked out, I'm not religious, but walking into St Peter's knocks you back a bit on the majesty of it all.
Same with opening an account at the bank.
You get a gun for opening an account? Mama lover, I've heard it all now...

As I will be on my way to have a few cheeky glasses later at calling it time.....I've had a wave of benevolence wash over me and have given you all the day off. So....

Thats it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in Leaping Libations for multiple Yeunglings gets to take Norm home. And, let me tell ya, he's a pretty cheap date. But he does charge an extra 5 bucks an hour to check out your white sauce.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Nothing new to report here, just diligently working night shift.
My neighbour a couple houses up decided to get his siding replaced on his house.

How are these two statements related?

I was trying to sleep all day.
Hammers have been banging all day.
So that's been fun.

Which is ironic, because usually banging all day would be fun.
(See what I did there Dan? I couldn't leave that one hanging).

So that's been fun.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Hammers may refer to: West Ham United F.C., a professional English football club.

(I can neither confirm nor deny that I have been partaking in the activities referenced above by the Honourable Gentleman)

Morning Gents.

Cool morning here today and apparently Hurricane Teddy is headed at Bermuda and then straight up at the Maritimes. Track I saw this morning looks like our fair city will be on the outer edge so hopefully things will be OK here but it's not looking good for people east of us.

Morning chaps from a bright and breezy London. Date night with the Lady K tonight, so we are off to one of our favourite Steakhouses in London. There will be cocktails, there will be wine. Oh yes. There will be wine.

But will there be cocktails?

My neighbour a couple houses up decided to get his siding replaced on his house.

Night shift you say. Seems like a second screen on Saturday nights could show a certain Zoom call, just sayin'. ;)

Date night with the Lady K tonight, so we are off to one of our favourite Steakhouses in London. There will be cocktails, there will be wine. Oh yes. There will be wine.

Have fun storming the meat locker!

Thats it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in Leaping Libations for multiple Yeunglings gets to take Norm home. And, let me tell ya, he's a pretty cheap date. But he does charge an extra 5 bucks an hour to check out your white sauce.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Is it just me, or are these weekends getting less and less appealing?

So that's been fun.

Sounds like permission to party all night, if you ask me.

Low hanging fruit, but good job nonetheless.

Cool morning here today and apparently Hurricane Teddy is headed at Bermuda and then straight up at the Maritimes. Track I saw this morning looks like our fair city will be on the outer edge so hopefully things will be OK here but it's not looking good for people east of us.

Wait, doesn't that include Jeff?

Morning, Gents! This is going to be long, so I do apologize. I know I've been away a couple of weeks, so thanks for asking about me. It's been a tough couple of weeks, I won't lie. I tried to stay optimistic but it wasn't working and slipped into depression pretty quickly. Last year, after I lost my job in January, it took a few months for the depression to set in. This time was different, and I think it was because of the situation. The 11th didn't help any. In fact, that's been the hardest day for me so far. There was a lot of emotions running through me on the 11th and my wife caught the full force of it that morning. She suggested, after consoling me for a while, to grab my camera and head out for the day. So that's what I did, I'll post some pictures later.

Now on to what's been happening. So I had mentioned that I had called my old supervisor at the temp job I had. He wanted me to call him back the next week to talk, which I did. We talked and I had brought up some concerns I had, as did he. We talked at great length about the position, me and the concerns we both had. Ultimately he decided that it wasn't going to work and we parted ways. While that wasn't what I wanted to hear, I accepted it and moved on. In the mean time, I had applied to several jobs and was hopeful I would hear something. One of the positions I had applied to was that of a Relationship Banker for a large bank. A friend of mine, who works for this bank, told me I should apply for it. So I applied to the position and took the assessment exam they wanted me to take. Now, fast forward to yesterday (Thursday, the 17th). I was out running errands when I got a call from my old supervisor from the temp job. Turns out he needs my help with inventory control, something close to what I wanted, but different. The position he's offering to me is a temp job with the possibility of being hired full-time. The reason that this is a temp job is that this is a brand new position that they have been wanting to create, but have never gotten the permission to create. They are hoping that this could lead to a full-time position but had to go through it being a temp job first. I was told by my old supervisor that he and the Director of Operations thought of me the moment they got the approval for the position. Apparently I made a really good impression working there. Now fast forward a few hours to around 2:30 pm when I got a call from the bank I had applied to. The recruiter for the bank called and we talked. At the end of the conversation, he set me up for an interview with the person in charge of this area. Turns out my wife knows this guy and tells me that he's a really nice guy, my friend told me the same thing. Apparently this guy and my wife when to high school together, so this is something I'm going to try and work in when I have the interview. My friend told me that this guy really likes to help those under him succeed, so I'm hoping that that need to help transfers to me as well. I talked to my friend last night at great length and was coached on the position, on what to expect and what to say. Turns out, this bank likes veterans, which I am, and people who volunteer, which I do through the VFW. So it looks like I'll have a job of some kind, be it full-time at the bank or a full-time temp position. Either way, I'll be working and that's what I want.

Sorry this is so long, but it's been a tough couple of weeks with a lot going on. There's been other nibbles, but no real bites yet. So I'll keep everyone posted.

TTFN

Morning, Gents! This is going to be long, so I do apologize. I know I've been away a couple of weeks, so thanks for asking about me. It's been a tough couple of weeks, I won't lie. I tried to stay optimistic but it wasn't working and slipped into depression pretty quickly. Last year, after I lost my job in January, it took a few months for the depression to set in. This time was different, and I think it was because of the situation. The 11th didn't help any. In fact, that's been the hardest day for me so far. There was a lot of emotions running through me on the 11th and my wife caught the full force of it that morning. She suggested, after consoling me for a while, to grab my camera and head out for the day. So that's what I did, I'll post some pictures later.

Now on to what's been happening. So I had mentioned that I had called my old supervisor at the temp job I had. He wanted me to call him back the next week to talk, which I did. We talked and I had brought up some concerns I had, as did he. We talked at great length about the position, me and the concerns we both had. Ultimately he decided that it wasn't going to work and we parted ways. While that wasn't what I wanted to hear, I accepted it and moved on. In the mean time, I had applied to several jobs and was hopeful I would hear something. One of the positions I had applied to was that of a Relationship Banker for a large bank. A friend of mine, who works for this bank, told me I should apply for it. So I applied to the position and took the assessment exam they wanted me to take. Now, fast forward to yesterday (Thursday, the 17th). I was out running errands when I got a call from my old supervisor from the temp job. Turns out he needs my help with inventory control, something close to what I wanted, but different. The position he's offering to me is a temp job with the possibility of being hired full-time. The reason that this is a temp job is that this is a brand new position that they have been wanting to create, but have never gotten the permission to create. They are hoping that this could lead to a full-time position but had to go through it being a temp job first. I was told by my old supervisor that he and the Director of Operations thought of me the moment they got the approval for the position. Apparently I made a really good impression working there. Now fast forward a few hours to around 2:30 pm when I got a call from the bank I had applied to. The recruiter for the bank called and we talked. At the end of the conversation, he set me up for an interview with the person in charge of this area. Turns out my wife knows this guy and tells me that he's a really nice guy, my friend told me the same thing. Apparently this guy and my wife when to high school together, so this is something I'm going to try and work in when I have the interview. My friend told me that this guy really likes to help those under him succeed, so I'm hoping that that need to help transfers to me as well. I talked to my friend last night at great length and was coached on the position, on what to expect and what to say. Turns out, this bank likes veterans, which I am, and people who volunteer, which I do through the VFW. So it looks like I'll have a job of some kind, be it full-time at the bank or a full-time temp position. Either way, I'll be working and that's what I want.

Sorry this is so long, but it's been a tough couple of weeks with a lot going on. There's been other nibbles, but no real bites yet. So I'll keep everyone posted.

TTFN

Good luck, hope it all works out soon.

Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Turns out, this bank likes veterans, which I am, and people who volunteer, which I do through the VFW. So it looks like I'll have a job of some kind, be it full-time at the bank or a full-time temp position. Either way, I'll be working and that's what I want.

Good luck making the decision. I'm glad you have some options this time around.

Morning all. Afternoon for those East of me.

Date night with the Lady K tonight, so we are off to one of our favourite Steakhouses in London. There will be cocktails, there will be wine. Oh yes. There will be wine.
It's strange when you hit your 40s you end up parenting upwards and downwards....
"strange"... maybe not the word I would've used.
You get a gun for opening an account? Mama lover, I've heard it all now...
Not in this country! As far as I know, there's only one country on the planet that does that.
Last one in Leaping Libations for multiple Yeunglings gets to take Norm home. And, let me tell ya, he's a pretty cheap date. But he does charge an extra 5 bucks an hour to check out your white sauce.
Erm… I think I'll pas on that one.
Oh, no...

So that's been fun.
Yeah... I knew you were going there even before I read the rest. Sorry, man. That sucks. Believe me, I know.
:rolleyes:
It's not just you.

TTFN
What a roller coaster!
Sorry about the depression, man. Considering everything... not surprising. Glad you're feeling a bit better though.
Looking forward to the photos and...

Look. I am not in your position and only you can do what's best for you, but... I would consider telling the old supervisor to take his job and shove it. Just seems they keep jerking you around and only "need you" when they're in a bind. And I could be completely reading that wrong.

But will there be cocktails
A woodford rye manhattan.......
Bone Marrow, Caremelised Onion with toast as an appetiser.....
Kilo of steak, beef dripping fries and creamed spinach...
Peanut butter shortbread with salted caramel ice cream (and a cheeky port)

I'm in a food coma right now. On the train home. The City (the real one) is still so quiet.

Happy Friday. Finished my shift, and go back Monday at 2:30 to learn my actual job. It seems that I won't know which shift I will actually be working. One plan is 2nd shift. One plan is to switch to the "Pitman?"shift - 12 hour shift, 6 PM to 6 AM, 2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, etc. Currently, they are working 17 on and 2 off.

I was able to see the machines I'll be running. There are 7 of them, combined they are bigger than my house, and only cost $1 million each. And, I'm in charge of them. Wow, who thought that was a good idea!?! :scared1::lmao:

<sigh> Appointment 2 of 4 down. Today they paid and (I presume) picked what they wanted? Next one in October is for sizing, I think? And then fitting in November. Ridiculous.
They have a 90 day money back guarantee (and it's Costco, so you know it's legit), so not very worried about it. Either they'll work or they won't.

We have the option to be fit for custom ear protection, and have to go thru a series of similar appointments.

It was sometime this summer.

"We regret to inform you that RAGÚ® has made the hard decision to exit the Canadian pasta-sauce market. We hope that you have enjoyed the delicious taste of RAGÚ® and are very sorry for any inconvenience. For further questions please visit our website at https://bit.ly/2Cb5sNp."

Officially, above my paygrade.

I'm in. Rome is one of my favourite places in the world. As you have probably worked out, I'm not religious, but walking into St Peter's knocks you back a bit on the majesty of it all.

Private company perks are the best. And, I'm happy to thump you on the red clay, grass, or har court surface where we play.

Careful with St Peter's. There may be a reason why you feel that way.

Why did you go and do that? All the guys are gonna be jealous to take my home. They will post hateful things contrary to their true feelings. Just wait and see. My milkshake is better than yours. :lmao:

Banging all day? Wow. I thought 3 minutes was impressive. :lmao:

Jealous. See. :lmao:

TTFN

Sorry to hear about the depression. I usually just eat more food and drink more alcohol to cope. Explains a lot of things.

As for the job, I'll just tell you what I did. Good luck on the decision. I left a sure thing for more money. I never would have been fired from the Church, but they were never going to pay me enough money. Now, I could potentially be working a lot of hours or a weird schedule, but I'll be making good money. I'm taking a chance at more money for 5 years than a safe, stable, secure job forever for as long as I want it. But, I also have a retirement check and am a really good place to gamble.

Look. I am not in your position and only you can do what's best for you, but... I would consider telling the old supervisor to take his job and shove it. Just seems they keep jerking you around and only "need you" when they're in a bind. And I could be completely reading that wrong.

Or, you could just go this way. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter