DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! Feeling better today. In fact, I'm getting great! I had the interview for the bank position yesterday and thought it went really well, so that's helping with the mood. Though I did have to admit on the question about trying to up sell/help a costumer choose a product that I couldn't answer it because it didn't apply to me. I told the interviewer that in my career I've not had to sell something in years, and that I just couldn't answer it. He thanked me for being honest and then came up with a scenario to use. I answered to the best of my ability and we went on. Over all, the interviewer seemed pleased that I was honest about not having an answer. I did eventually toss out a couple of names of people with both knew, so hopefully that'll help some. Now all that I can do is wait. Today I'm getting out of the house and taking the family apple picking, so looking forward to that.

As promised, below are a some pictures that I took last week...hope you enjoy.

Thanks.

Good luck making the decision. I'm glad you have some options this time around.

Thanks. Though I may wind up working the temp job for a bit if the schedule works the way the interviewer said it might. He said that while the decision could be made next week, it might be a few weeks before things get going, so we'll see.

What a roller coaster!
Sorry about the depression, man. Considering everything... not surprising. Glad you're feeling a bit better though.
Looking forward to the photos and...

Thanks, appreciate it. See above for the pictures.

Look. I am not in your position and only you can do what's best for you, but... I would consider telling the old supervisor to take his job and shove it. Just seems they keep jerking you around and only "need you" when they're in a bind. And I could be completely reading that wrong.

It seems that way, but, and I could be wrong, I think it's only because of what he's trying to do with the department. Instead of someone being hired for one job, and thus becoming an expert in that one job, he's hiring people and training them to do every job in the department, so everyone will be "fluid," as he puts it. The actual job title for those positions are: Shipping/Receiving/Inventory Control, encompassing every job in the department, and this is something I do not agree with. While I do agree that it's nice to have people who are trained do help out in other areas, I do not agree with what he's doing, and I've told him this. With this one I'm getting some satisfaction out of it because they need help really quickly, and I'm the one that can do it without training. Again, I could be wrong on reading this, but that's how I see it.

View attachment 526790
A woodford rye manhattan.......
View attachment 526791
Bone Marrow, Caremelised Onion with toast as an appetiser.....
View attachment 526792
Kilo of steak, beef dripping fries and creamed spinach...
View attachment 526793
Peanut butter shortbread with salted caramel ice cream (and a cheeky port)

I'm in a food coma right now. On the train home. The City (the real one) is still so quiet.

Looks good.

Happy Friday. Finished my shift, and go back Monday at 2:30 to learn my actual job. It seems that I won't know which shift I will actually be working. One plan is 2nd shift. One plan is to switch to the "Pitman?"shift - 12 hour shift, 6 PM to 6 AM, 2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, etc. Currently, they are working 17 on and 2 off.

I was able to see the machines I'll be running. There are 7 of them, combined they are bigger than my house, and only cost $1 million each. And, I'm in charge of them. Wow, who thought that was a good idea!?! :scared1::lmao:

Now there's a scary thought. :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear about the depression. I usually just eat more food and drink more alcohol to cope. Explains a lot of things.

Thanks. I have been snacking more than usual...not to mention spending hours on end watching TV.

As for the job, I'll just tell you what I did. Good luck on the decision. I left a sure thing for more money. I never would have been fired from the Church, but they were never going to pay me enough money. Now, I could potentially be working a lot of hours or a weird schedule, but I'll be making good money. I'm taking a chance at more money for 5 years than a safe, stable, secure job forever for as long as I want it. But, I also have a retirement check and am a really good place to gamble.

The hours with the bank job will be the standard 40, but since the bank is open 6 days a week, it'll be spread out over 6 days. So if I'm working a Saturday I'll get a half-day somewhere in the week. Because of the position, I could also be working late helping customers with their banking needs, so there's potential for overtime. And since I've not worked a whole lot over the last year and a half, I'll take it.

Set up a Zoom room for tomorrow night if anyone wants to chat. I may not make it in but it's available if you want to join in.

Darcy McKillop is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Darcy McKillop's Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/2817709524?pwd=dHA0b3JDZ2ZJOXdzK0psQk50TXJsUT09
Meeting ID: 281 770 9524
Passcode: 534483

What time does this begin? I'll try and get on.

Morning, gents.
Sore this morning. Hoping I didn't permanently injure my hip.
Me and the boy just finished his homework which was on the subject of.....Uranus. You can imagine how many jokes were in that session.
Nope. No clue what you're talking about. May I assk?
I had the interview for the bank position yesterday and thought it went really well, so that's helping with the mood. Though I did have to admit on the question about trying to up sell/help a costumer choose a product that I couldn't answer it because it didn't apply to me. I told the interviewer that in my career I've not had to sell something in years, and that I just couldn't answer it. He thanked me for being honest and then came up with a scenario to use. I answered to the best of my ability and we went on. Over all, the interviewer seemed pleased that I was honest about not having an answer. I did eventually toss out a couple of names of people with both knew, so hopefully that'll help some. Now all that I can do is wait.
Hope this works out for you. Sounds promising. And the name dropping doesn't hurt.
Nice. Love the fog in them.
It seems that way, but, and I could be wrong, I think it's only because of what he's trying to do with the department. Instead of someone being hired for one job, and thus becoming an expert in that one job, he's hiring people and training them to do every job in the department, so everyone will be "fluid," as he puts it. The actual job title for those positions are: Shipping/Receiving/Inventory Control, encompassing every job in the department, and this is something I do not agree with. While I do agree that it's nice to have people who are trained do help out in other areas, I do not agree with what he's doing, and I've told him this. With this one I'm getting some satisfaction out of it because they need help really quickly, and I'm the one that can do it without training. Again, I could be wrong on reading this, but that's how I see it.
So... Jack of all trades, master of none?

Happy Saturday. This could be my last weekend off until November. Went and shot my new gun this morning. It is real nice. Came home, watched West Ham, cut the grass, and then we went out to a new place. Sadly, the food/ service wasn't any good. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

Morning chaps from a sunny London. Me and the boy just finished his homework which was on the subject of.....Uranus. You can imagine how many jokes were in that session.

Funny jokes about Uranus.
Was there a hole in one?

Morning, Gents! Feeling better today. In fact, I'm getting great! I had the interview for the bank position yesterday and thought it went really well, so that's helping with the mood. Though I did have to admit on the question about trying to up sell/help a costumer choose a product that I couldn't answer it because it didn't apply to me. I told the interviewer that in my career I've not had to sell something in years, and that I just couldn't answer it. He thanked me for being honest and then came up with a scenario to use. I answered to the best of my ability and we went on. Over all, the interviewer seemed pleased that I was honest about not having an answer. I did eventually toss out a couple of names of people with both knew, so hopefully that'll help some. Now all that I can do is wait. Today I'm getting out of the house and taking the family apple picking, so looking forward to that.

View attachment 526892

View attachment 526896

View attachment 526899

Thanks.

Thanks. Though I may wind up working the temp job for a bit if the schedule works the way the interviewer said it might. He said that while the decision could be made next week, it might be a few weeks before things get going, so we'll see.

Thanks, appreciate it. See above for the pictures.

Looks good.

Now there's a scary thought. :rotfl2:

Thanks. I have been snacking more than usual...not to mention spending hours on end watching TV.

The hours with the bank job will be the standard 40, but since the bank is open 6 days a week, it'll be spread out over 6 days. So if I'm working a Saturday I'll get a half-day somewhere in the week. Because of the position, I could also be working late helping customers with their banking needs, so there's potential for overtime. And since I've not worked a whole lot over the last year and a half, I'll take it.

What time does this begin? I'll try and get on.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and the job interview went well. Sounds like you may be back to the bird in the hand situation. Good luck with the decision.

Well, thankfully the guys replaced my neighbors siding fairly quickly and I've slept much better since.

The banging didn't last that long.

#TWSS

Cool morning here today and apparently Hurricane Teddy is headed at Bermuda and then straight up at the Maritimes. Track I saw this morning looks like our fair city will be on the outer edge so hopefully things will be OK here but it's not looking good for people east of us.
Yes, it could be another Hurricane Jaun for Nova Scotia. My SIL lives in Lunenburg, so I'll hope it's not too bad for them.
Last I saw of the track, it looks to slide right between you and I Darcy.

Currently, they are working 17 on and 2 off.
Hmmm...that sounds a bit like my schedule.
Good luck adjusting to the new job. I guess it will be a bit different for you at first.

Nice pictures.
I'm glad to hear things are looking better on the job front and you're feeling better about everything.
I hope one of the options works out for you.

I keep waiting for a foggy morning to do some but in most cases it has burned off before I get up and get going.
You like like fog?
Come over my way.
We don't have that whimpy fog that burns off.
It's so thick around here you can cut it with a knife.

cut the grass,
Did you shoot the blades with the new gun?
we went out to a new place. Sadly, the food/ service wasn't any good. Oh well.
That sucks, but at least you know for next time.
Well, thankfully the guys replaced my neighbors siding fairly quickly and I've slept much better since.
Phew!

#TWSS
TWSalwaysSays
You like like fog?
Come over my way.
We don't have that whimpy fog that burns off.
It's so thick around here you can cut it with a knife.
Once in a while is just fine.

Morning, Gents! Had a great day yesterday. Took the family apple picking at a farm off Cape where we met my DSiL and her DD. Had an absolute blast. And the best part, aside from being out with family, were the freshly made Apple Cider Donuts! Mmmmmm Note I said "were" because there's none left. My doctor's not going to be happy with me at my annual physical. Well, gents, off to wake the family. Both the wife and I have church gigs this morning.

Usually anytime after 9 pm Eastern, just depends on who joins in. Some guys join early while you may not see others for an hour or two.

Love the pictures. I keep waiting for a foggy morning to do some but in most cases it has burned off before I get up and get going.

I missed it! Completely forgot about it. Next time.

Hope this works out for you. Sounds promising. And the name dropping doesn't hurt.

Thanks, so do I, and I'll name drop all day long if it gets me a job, or a foot in the door.

Thanks! Love when we get fog and I can use it in my photography.

[/QUOTE]
So... Jack of all trades, master of none?
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it. And I could be wrong, they, those that work in the dept., might actually become close to experts in everything in the dept., but I don't see it happening. They're always going to be missing something.

Happy Saturday. This could be my last weekend off until November. Went and shot my new gun this morning. It is real nice. Came home, watched West Ham, cut the grass, and then we went out to a new place. Sadly, the food/ service wasn't any good. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

Sounds like a good weekend...well, except cutting the grass.

Funny jokes about Uranus.
Was there a hole in one?

I'm sure there was at least one...one that kind of breezed right on through.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and the job interview went well. Sounds like you may be back to the bird in the hand situation. Good luck with the decision.

Thanks. If offered the job, I'm leaning towards the bank as the pay and benefits are great. I asked about training and was assured that I'd get it, they have to train in order for people/me to know what their products are. And I'd throw myself right into it so I can succeed. However, having the one job at the old place, a job I already know, is also a draw for me as well. I know I'll have a decision to make.

#TWSS

Hate when you're trying to sleep and there's construction happening near by.

Yes, it could be another Hurricane Jaun for Nova Scotia. My SIL lives in Lunenburg, so I'll hope it's not too bad for them.
Last I saw of the track, it looks to slide right between you and I Darcy.

Good luck adjusting to the new job. I guess it will be a bit different for you at first.

Nice pictures.
I'm glad to hear things are looking better on the job front and you're feeling better about everything.
I hope one of the options works out for you.

Thanks. I'm hoping that if I do choose the bank, it'll be a permanent job. My friend, who works there, said the pay is amazing, as are the benefits, so it'll be a draw to stay.

I'd like to see that.

Morning Gents.

Beautiful Sunday morning here. Enjoyed a 2 or 3 hours with some family and friends at a local watering hole last night celebrating my birthday. Kind of nice having DS along as an adult.

Not much on tap today, probably watch some sports and play some soccer tonight. Have a good one all,

Morning all. It's 54 degrees outside this morning. I didn't think Fall was here yet, but I guess it is. Everyone slept in, so it's just me and the cat. You all have a great Sunday.

That's what she said. :lmao:

Which one? Both will be an adjustment. For the 17 & 2, no one said I'd have to work that many consecutive days when I was interviewed. Unless the job is just amazing, I don't see me lasting that long. I'm in a different phase of life now, and want my time off. I can suck it up for a while, but don't see myself lasting 5 years that way.

The 2,2,3 was presented during the interview. I don't know how well I will adjust my sleep, but I want every other weekend off. Apparently, there are some guys planning to work this schedule, and volunteer for OT on the other lines on the weekends they are off. That won't be me. From both HR and my neighbor, there have been lots of changes with guys going to different shifts and lines. The good news is that everyone who requestds the 2,2,3 schedule days got it, and I'm the first bunch to be hired for nights. So, I have seniority if/ when.I want to move to days.

I'm not that good. Between dd & I, we went thru about 150 bullets. I almost have the sights adjusted.

Morning, Gents! Had a great day yesterday. Took the family apple picking at a farm off Cape where we met my DSiL and her DD. Had an absolute blast. And the best part, aside from being out with family, were the freshly made Apple Cider Donuts! Mmmmmm Note I said "were" because there's none left. My doctor's not going to be happy with me at my annual physical. Well, gents, off to wake the family. Both the wife and I have church gigs this morning.

Thanks. If offered the job, I'm leaning towards the bank as the pay and benefits are great. I asked about training and was assured that I'd get it, they have to train in order for people/me to know what their products are. And I'd throw myself right into it so I can succeed. However, having the one job at the old place, a job I already know, is also a draw for me as well. I know I'll have a decision to make.

Haven't had an apple cider donut, but they sound good. They do some delicious treats an our annual apple festival here in October that I'll have to break keto to enjoy. They also have terrific peaches. We've driven to Huber Farms in Indiana to pick strawberries and blueberries & blackberries. Those are fun trips. Never seen my kids eat as much fruit as when they pick it themselves.

Sounds like the bank is the place to be. Are you going to take the warehouse job in the meantime?

Afternoon, folks. Just on a break. Few more hours to go.

freshly made Apple Cider Donuts!
I stopped reading at that point. Man, that sounds good.
Thanks! Love when we get fog and I can use it in my photography.
I'd like to, but I'd have to wait for that hour in the year.
I'd like to see that.
I thought all Yanks did their lawn with armaments...
For the 17 & 2, no one said I'd have to work that many consecutive days when I was interviewed. Unless the job is just amazing, I don't see me lasting that long. I'm in a different phase of life now, and want my time off.
I've done that... and worse... You do get into a groove, but... you really don't want to get into it.
I'm not that good.
Used mortars?
Between dd & I, we went thru about 150 bullets. I almost have the sights adjusted.
I have zero clue how you'd adjust the sights. I mean... wouldn't it change depending on the wind?

Morning, boys.
Dang it's early.

So.... on the drive in to work today, the morning crew on one of the local radio stations were talking about "the worst fans in professional sports"
They mentioned a few hockey teams (obviously... hello! Canada!), but then focused on... Philadelphia and the Eagles.
I guess Carson Wentz threw an interception and the fans booed. Nothing surprising about that, but... there aren't any fans.
So the guy who works there put on a canned crowd booing...
Makes you wonder what Wentz was feeling about that afterwards! :laughing:

Morning all.

Cool fall morning here....wait it isn't fall yet. Crap!

Another busy work week on tap, hope you all have a good week.

Morning, boys.
Dang it's early.

So.... on the drive in to work today, the morning crew on one of the local radio stations were talking about "the worst fans in professional sports"
They mentioned a few hockey teams (obviously... hello! Canada!), but then focused on... Philadelphia and the Eagles.
I guess Carson Wentz threw an interception and the fans booed. Nothing surprising about that, but... there aren't any fans.

I read that last night, classic Philly.

Morning all. First actual day on the floor today, starting at 2:30 PM. DW's work has given her the green light to work from home. I see this as a move for many in the future, cut building costs and have people work from home. I carried some furniture and junk downstairs, and we set up office space for her. She'll have to bring home computer & 2nd monitor, but it seems good to go. Played well at tennis, didn't drop a serve, and stayed on winners' court most of the night. Had dinner with the family and dd's boyfriend. Turns out the marriage talk was when he was drunk and called and proposed to her. They spend a lot of time together though. Y'll have a good week.

I have zero clue how you'd adjust the sights. I mean... wouldn't it change depending on the wind?

I put a cheap scope on it and then turned the dials until it was accurate. Wind effects it at a certain distance, but I wasn't shooting Sniper range.

You know you have it bad when the computer boos you.

Cool fall morning here....wait it isn't fall yet. Crap!

51 degrees here this morning. That Florida beach condo looks ever more appealing.

Makes you wonder what Wentz was feeling about that afterwards!

I read that last night, classic Philly.

Sigh...It's such a lazy narrative at this point. This is from a reporter who was at the stadium. The fake boos were courtesy of the FOX TV broadcast.

First actual day on the floor today, starting at 2:30 PM.
Good luck!
I see this as a move for many in the future, cut building costs and have people work from home.
I do too.
Played well at tennis, didn't drop a serve, and stayed on winners' court most of the night.
Nice! Remind me to never ever play you at tennis.

Not that it would come up, since I don't play tennis.
Turns out the marriage talk was when he was drunk and called and proposed to her.
Bullet dodged.
Didn't have the rifle sighted in properly yet.
I put a cheap scope on it and then turned the dials until it was accurate. Wind effects it at a certain distance, but I wasn't shooting Sniper range.
Ah, okay got it. I thought you were doing something with just the normal sights on a rifle.
You know you have it bad when the computer boos you.
:rolleyes1
Sigh...It's such a lazy narrative at this point. This is from a reporter who was at the stadium. The fake boos were courtesy of the FOX TV broadcast.
But deserved?

Morning, Gents! Had a pretty good day yesterday except for when I found out that my old firm, the one I just got let go from, screwed me out of my insurance. I was told by the managing partner that my insurance premium would be paid and that I didn't have to worry about it. This meant that I was supposed to have insurance for either the month of September, or 30 days from the first day I was given insurance, which was August 27th. Either way, I'm supposed to be on insurance as of right now. Turns out, when my old boss was talking to me and telling me that my insurance premium would be paid and that I'd have nothing to worry about, it was in fact being cancelled. When I found out, I was t'd off to the max. So, I called the office looking for the office manager, she just happened to be on the phone. Uh huh. Sure. Ok, since you're not going to talk to me, I'll call my attorney, which I did. My attorney, by the way, also happens to be my DMiL, so it's easy to do. Now, I'm not expecting anything to happen, like get put back on the insurance, but I do want to know what happened. With my DMiL on the phone giving me advice, I wrote an email to the managing partner asking what happened and to explain. I Have yet to hear back, but safe to say that I lost any respect for that firm that I had left. It'd be nice if they offered to reimburse me for my out of pocket expense of having to pay for my annual physical, but I'm not expecting anything. Oh, forgot to mention that my attorney said that here in Mass, I believe it's only here in Mass, but I could be wrong, that the benefits manager is supposed to have a 30 day notice of change to any plan before taking effect. So, with that in mind, I believe they screwed up. And no, I didn't get it in writing, so I know I'm screwed. However, by me writing to them, I'm hoping to show that I'm not going to be a pushover. Don't worry, I wasn't nasty in my email, just stated facts and that I wanted to know what happened. I really hate that firm.

Which one? Both will be an adjustment. For the 17 & 2, no one said I'd have to work that many consecutive days when I was interviewed. Unless the job is just amazing, I don't see me lasting that long. I'm in a different phase of life now, and want my time off. I can suck it up for a while, but don't see myself lasting 5 years that way.

The 2,2,3 was presented during the interview. I don't know how well I will adjust my sleep, but I want every other weekend off. Apparently, there are some guys planning to work this schedule, and volunteer for OT on the other lines on the weekends they are off. That won't be me. From both HR and my neighbor, there have been lots of changes with guys going to different shifts and lines. The good news is that everyone who requestds the 2,2,3 schedule days got it, and I'm the first bunch to be hired for nights. So, I have seniority if/ when.I want to move to days.

So, I'm a little confused on the schedule. That 17 & 2, is that 17 days on and 2 days off? If that's the case, that's a long time between days off. And what's the 2,2,3? Not sure about that. Either way, glad you're working.

Haven't had an apple cider donut, but they sound good. They do some delicious treats an our annual apple festival here in October that I'll have to break keto to enjoy. They also have terrific peaches. We've driven to Huber Farms in Indiana to pick strawberries and blueberries & blackberries. Those are fun trips. Never seen my kids eat as much fruit as when they pick it themselves.

Apple Cider donuts are amazing, especially when fresh. Of course, everything tastes better when fresh. Sounds like you had a good time picking strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. My DD would have eaten that right off the vine and not even bother to put them in a bag.

Sounds like the bank is the place to be. Are you going to take the warehouse job in the meantime?

I'm really hoping to get on with the bank. The pay is great as are the benefits. And yes, I'm taking the temp job in the meantime. I've told them that I had an interview, told them about the interview when I was first contacted, and that I'd let them know what happens when I hear. The guy at the bank said it could be a month before I could starts, so if I do get the job I'm hoping that I can at least give them a good month before leaving.

I stopped reading at that point. Man, that sounds good.

Wise choice. They are good.

I'd like to, but I'd have to wait for that hour in the year.

It's worth the wait, my friend.

I thought all Yanks did their lawn with armaments...

Not this Yank. I actually don't even own a gun...just never got around to getting one. I do need to get my license to carry, then I can own a gun.

Any day that involves apple cider donuts is a good day.

:thumbsup2

Morning all. First actual day on the floor today, starting at 2:30 PM. DW's work has given her the green light to work from home. I see this as a move for many in the future, cut building costs and have people work from home. I carried some furniture and junk downstairs, and we set up office space for her. She'll have to bring home computer & 2nd monitor, but it seems good to go. Played well at tennis, didn't drop a serve, and stayed on winners' court most of the night. Had dinner with the family and dd's boyfriend.

A friend of mine, who works for the bank I applied to, just moved out of her office for good. Apparently the bank decided that this working from home is a good thing. So she was allowed into her office to collect her things. She likes it but notes that it is difficult at times being in the house all day every day. Hope working from home works out for your DW.

Turns out the marriage talk was when he was drunk and called and proposed to her. They spend a lot of time together though. Y'll have a good week.

It may have been the drunk talking, but you can probably guess where he wants the relationship to go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter