DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well, I went and screwed that up.

After getting everything lined up for the mini vacation, I was waiting until after the wife's follow up with her doctor today to make the purchase on the enchanted kid offer. Now it's unavailable for the dates we would be going, unless I want to pay triple for the family suite (hell no)
Ugh, that stinks!
I don't think I'll be spending the cash again. Been there, done that, you can find me on Main Street.
I'm with you on that :thumbsup2
Well, that's why we educated them though - to be self sufficient and take care of themselves. Sounds like you are doing too good a job?
Yea, that's it, I'm gonna stick with "did too good of a job" - thanks!
Not a bad gig for him. Disney trip and then the cruise, I'm jealous.
Me too - try to stay cool down there.

Been there, done that, you can find me on Main Street
Amen.
I'm sure we'll go at some point, just not in a huge rush. Until we can get a couple of days out of it for both of them. I went once when I was with my first proper missus when I was around 18, so about '93, it was when Back to the Future and ET were there. Its amazing how much of that vacation I really don't remember.
Interestingly enough, I think she's back in my town, as I saw her walking down to the station. That's gonna be a bit weird. I did the brave man thing and used another way into the station to avoid small talk.

I'd like to try a different hotel than cabana bay as dvc has spoiled me
Is that one of the onsite ones? Do you get Magic hours, or whatever they call it?
Now it's unavailable for the dates we would be going, unless I want to pay triple for the family suite
SO does that mean the trip is off, or are you doing it differently?

In the mid-80s in London today chaps, so all the fashionistas are out and its wall to wall :goodvibes:goodvibes :woohoo:
May your day be an ultra high self serve dole whip.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Just counting the days down and waiting on tropical storm Cindy to make it's way around here the next couple of days looks like a bunch of rain to deal with. Have a good one and may we all get through the midpoint of the week to safely enjoy the backside..............
Amen.
I'm sure we'll go at some point, just not in a huge rush. Until we can get a couple of days out of it for both of them. I went once when I was with my first proper missus when I was around 18, so about '93, it was when Back to the Future and ET were there. Its amazing how much of that vacation I really don't remember.
Interestingly enough, I think she's back in my town, as I saw her walking down to the station. That's gonna be a bit weird. I did the brave man thing and used another way into the station to avoid small talk.
So you have a first proper missus as well eh. Nice move on avoiding the small talk.

Dan of course wins the prize for "most exciting" Father's Day being in a Disney Park.

This wasn't a fair fight.

After getting everything lined up for the mini vacation, I was waiting until after the wife's follow up with her doctor today to make the purchase on the enchanted kid offer. Now it's unavailable for the dates we would be going, unless I want to pay triple for the family suite (hell no)

Aw, man. That sucks. Hope you can figure something out.

I'm with ya! Don't care for Harry Potter at all.

I've done it twice. Once after the first Harry Potter land was done (oldest DD is a fan) and again after the second Harry Potter land. Youngest DD enjoyed the Dr. Seuss land, but it's a tough call to spend that much if the only thing you might enjoy is Seuss. I don't think I'll be spending the cash again. Been there, done that, you can find me on Main Street.

I read the books and enjoy the movies. I'm glad I saw the lands, but probably won't go back.

My daughter is the World's #1 Harry Potter Fan In The World. And she's having surgery later this year. So now I have to take her. But looking at the rest of what Universal offers, I think we're most likely going to be a one-and-done visit. Disney just appeals so much more to me.

So you have a first proper missus as well eh. Nice move on avoiding the small talk.
Not a missus missus, more my first Long termer rather than knocking about with girls at high school. But when I was about 25, we went back for a bit more. how'd the boy get on in MK? Stay safe in that storm buddy
The promise of Mickey Bars cinched it.
They'll do it for ya every time.....Well done on the win.

This wasn't a fair fight
They never are mate, this is why I try and avoid them.
My daughter is the World's #1 Harry Potter Fan In The World. And she's having surgery later this year. So now I have to take her. But looking at the rest of what Universal offers, I think we're most likely going to be a one-and-done visit. Disney just appeals so much more to me.
It is a bit strange that all of us seem to be of this opinion, when there is so much crossover. Best wishes on the DD on the surgery.

Last edited:
Not a missus missus, more my first Long termer rather than knocking about with girls at high school. But when I was about 25, we went back for a bit more. how'd the boy get on in MK? Stay safe in that storm buddy
My bad on the missus missus. Thanks for asking about the boy. He was the tour guide for obvious reasons scheduling FP+ for everyone on the bus ride to Orlando, etc. He made sure to get a Dole Whip and loved the new Happily Ever After. The rest of this week he is working with the students from his HS on their architecture project re-working the model and cleaning up their presentation taking all that he learned when competing. He will head to Pop Century on Sunday for 2 nights with plan to hit Springs on Sunday and AK at rope drop on Monday for Pandora. Rough life he's got but he is a real good kid.

Practice swim meet tonight with oldest dd. I guess that's what it is called when they don't keep time or give ribbons. I've seen more effort of her flirting than swimming. :headache: And, I gave up tennis for this.

Everything set for tournament this weekend. Rain delay could have us play indoors one day. The family is going up to cheer me on and have a two night vacation.

SUCCESS!

Took some maths, but after convincing the wife that it's easier to stay a night or two at a Value resort on the way back to Austin from NY, I've booked a 48 hour stay with park tickets. I'll take what I can get. The promise of Mickey Bars cinched it.

Congrats. Disney time is good time..

Is that one of the onsite ones? Do you get Magic hours, or whatever they call it?

SO does that mean the trip is off, or are you doing it differently?

In the mid-80s in London today chaps, so all the fashionistas are out and its wall to wall :goodvibes:goodvibes :woohoo:
May your day be an ultra high self serve dole whip.

There are three hotels there. That one was value and is a bus ride to park thru Citiwalk. The other two are closer, one is a Boatride and the other in walking distance. If you stay at their resort hotel, express pass is included or at reduced price. The express pass is definitely worth it.

No :goodvibes:goodvibes pictures for us?

Enjoying start of final NHL fix with awards show and expansion draft tonight and real draft over the weekend.

Practice swim meet tonight with oldest dd. I guess that's what it is called when they don't keep time or give ribbons. I've seen more effort of her flirting than swimming. :headache: And, I gave up tennis for this.

Everything set for tournament this weekend. Rain delay could have us play indoors one day. The family is going up to cheer me on and have a two night vacation.
Sorry about the DD flirting - ouch! Best of luck this weekend and enjoy the mini family vacation.

Good morning from the orthodontist office. Tennis this AM with dd and her friends and then a few hours in the office. Took this week off from tennis to rest with some light workouts at the gym. My strategy was to go in 100% (or at least my 100%). Tournament phone conference last night said rain is in forecast, which means could move to indoors or stack up matches. I hope this strategy works.

Sorry about the DD flirting - ouch! Best of luck this weekend and enjoy the mini family vacation.

I don't care about the flirting. She's 15, so I get that developmental stage. I guess since this wasn't a timed meet, she just took it easy. As I was talking to her about practice, I did break into my best Allen Iverson impression, which was totally lost on everyone.

She did manage to talk her way into swimming the 50 fly against three of the boys she was flirting with. She smoked two of them, and won by a body length against the HS senior. She still wasn't pushing herself though.

Good morning from the orthodontist office. Tennis this AM with dd and her friends and then a few hours in the office. Took this week off from tennis to rest with some light workouts at the gym. My strategy was to go in 100% (or at least my 100%). Tournament phone conference last night said rain is in forecast, which means could move to indoors or stack up matches. I hope this strategy works.

I don't care about the flirting. She's 15, so I get that developmental stage. I guess since this wasn't a timed meet, she just took it easy. As I was talking to her about practice, I did break into my best Allen Iverson impression, which was totally lost on everyone.

She did manage to talk her way into swimming the 50 fly against three of the boys she was flirting with. She smoked two of them, and won by a body length against the HS senior. She still wasn't pushing herself though.

If she is beating the boys she was flirting with I don't think you have anything to worry about. ;)

Good luck in the tournament.

Morning Gents.

Today is the last day for elementary and middle school students; I think DW skipped out of the house this morning. Tonight will be the traditional year-end celebration, this year being held at out house. There is no doubt I will have to have a couple of cold ones with the teachers but this is also my night to be the responsible one. Wish me luck.

Happy Friday. Not much going for me this weekend, kind of playing it by ear. I am grilling a steak tonight so there is that. Have a woodwind everyone.

Guess she had the last laugh.

I hope this strategy works.

Good luck.

Today is the last day for elementary and middle school students; I think DW skipped out of the house this morning. Tonight will be the traditional year-end celebration, this year being held at out house. There is no doubt I will have to have a couple of cold ones with the teachers but this is also my night to be the responsible one. Wish me luck.

Also good luck to you.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Once I get outta here today only 1 more day in the office out of the next 16 days and 4 more days til we sail.
Dan - when you come by to call the day, my suggestion would be Nomad Lounge in AK as they have a great patio seating area and of course, we would all be at DaWorld.
nomad_lounge_review_disney-186.jpg

Everyone have a great weekend!

Morning Gents.

M5yXTvs.gif

Rain pushed matches indoor and stacked until later tonight. I won't play now until 9:30 PM, which is past my bed time. Still have the three hour drive to the tournament. Maybe I can check in, send the family shopping, and take a nap.

If she is beating the boys she was flirting with I don't think you have anything to worry about. ;)

Good luck in the tournament.

Thanks.

Morning Gents.

Hard to believe you all go this late in June since we have been out of school a month now.

Guess she had the last laugh.

Also good luck to you.

Laugh it up, fuzzball. :lmao:

But, she was swimming against the best from HS, it wasn't the best from her club team.

Morning Gents.

Wow still in school till the end of June. When do yall go back, the end of September?
Being the responsible one is highly over rated.

Dan - when you come by to call the day, my suggestion would be Nomad Lounge in AK as they have a great patio seating area and of course, we would all be at DaWorld.
nomad_lounge_review_disney-186.jpg

Everyone have a great weekend!
Seconded.
I will start that way just don't tell my boss. I'm gonna tell him I'm meeting a new company that wants to be on our vendor list.

Hard to believe you all go this late in June since we have been out of school a month now.

Students start class just after Labour Day, high school was done last week. Teachers start the last week in August and they will finish next Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts