DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Done with ER. She's fine. Dr said it could have been a leftover allergic reaction, or potentially the beginning of a virus. But, she didn't need epinephrine or anything like that. She's also a super hypochondriac. Now, the battle will be with the school. The school nurse says that she needs an epi-pen prescription to keep at school. The doctor said she didn't. She's never had a reaction bad enough to latex to need a epi-pen. She showers and takes a Benadryl and she is fine. We did the epi-pen prescription in the beginning, but we just had to keep going to dr and renew the prescription after they expired.
Glad to hear all resolved
Reporting in from a very hot Myrtle Beach. Eclipse was kind of a bust, clouds moved in just before it reached peak. We saw the beginning and end though. Sky got spooky but not quite black. Kind of cool and we had a good time laughing and telling stories. Leave tomorrow for the long drive back. Normally I could easily busted it with just stopping for breaks but this time I am going to stay overnight somewhere. Will catch up when I get back.
Safe travels

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much goings on around here. Sitting on the front porch with DW last night and she was like we have too long between WDW trips (March 17 - July 18) and need to go during Christmas as she loves it there then. I reminded her of the 10 day DCL trip this summer, her daughter's wedding associated costs and the fact that we do not know when DD can visit during the Holidays dependent on SIL ability to get leave. Got an "oh yeah that stuff" but I still want to go at Christmas - no happening. Have a good one gents.

Happy Wednesday. It is a beautiful day outside, 80 & sunny. It ain't bad inside on campus either. Looking forward to tennis tonight.

Reporting in from a very hot Myrtle Beach. Eclipse was kind of a bust, clouds moved in just before it reached peak. We saw the beginning and end though. Sky got spooky but not quite black. Kind of cool and we had a good time laughing and telling stories. Leave tomorrow for the long drive back. Normally I could easily busted it with just stopping for breaks but this time I am going to stay overnight somewhere. Will catch up when I get back.

Yes, it was ok, but i wouldn't drive for it. The next one is in 2024? Make your reservations early. Safe travels.

Glad to hear all resolved

Thanks. As expected, no follow up from school nurse.

Precisely.

Clearly not understood.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much goings on around here. Sitting on the front porch with DW last night and she was like we have too long between WDW trips (March 17 - July 18) and need to go during Christmas as she loves it there then. I reminded her of the 10 day DCL trip this summer, her daughter's wedding associated costs and the fact that we do not know when DD can visit during the Holidays dependent on SIL ability to get leave. Got an "oh yeah that stuff" but I still want to go at Christmas - no happening. Have a good one gents.

So, when are you going to WDW in Christmas? :lmao: When i have those discussions with my DW, she usually wins. Although, i don't put up much of an argument.

Last edited:

Now, I’ve not yet encountered either of those two sites (sad to say) so I won’t attempt to compare them. What I can say about witnessing totality during an eclipse though, it that it is best described as an emotional experience. When the Corona appears around the black disk that was once the sun and you can pull off the glasses and just take in the completely unnatural yet beautiful site with the unaided eye, the physical result can be somewhat overwhelming. Maybe it’s something along those lines that your friend was actually on about.

I’ll tell you one thing…
If I can, I’ll see the next one as well.

Sounds like your experience was very similar to his. I'm glad it was worth the effort to see it.

"Hi I'm standing here in the field and we've got lots of families gathered to watch the eclipse. Nearby there is another field where lots of people are trying to make families"

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Glad it was a good time! Any big bridges on the way?

Thanks. As expected, no follow up from school nurse.

I guess you don't need the epi-pen, then.

So, when are you going to WDW in Christmas? :lmao: When i have those discussions with my DW, she usually wins. Although, i don't put up much of an argument.
Not this year. Normally it is me saying we're going but not this year. No Christmas, no Spring Break this cycle. Between not knowing when we can see DD and recovering from wedding a bit just not in the cards.

Just saying, rocks, window shields and rental cars don't get along together. Long story but a rock falling off some truck hit the glass and made a nice little crack in it. Have the insurance company working on it now. Currently in Palm Bay in a hotel. Not much around here but they do have a pool. Now if it stops raining. Will be home tomorrow.

Got an "oh yeah that stuff" but I still want to go at Christmas - no happening. Have a good one gents.

Funny. Guess by the end of it, you will be going to Disney Christmas time. One of those, "We are going on a budget" trip.

Yes, it was ok, but i wouldn't drive for it. The next one is in 2024? Make your reservations early. Safe travels.

Glad I went even with the cloud over. The place we stayed was gorgeous, right on the beach and the company was fantastic. A couple of nights ago, my friend grilled shrimp and I made steamed clams. One of the many great meals we had. Lots of laughs.

Glad it was a good time! Any big bridges on the way?

Shut up you bas****. Too many. That damn one in Jacksonville while the one in Charleston popped up as a surprise. That freaked me out a bit.

Got your message. Great finally meeting the clan and enjoyed our couple of hours together. As I mentioned in a previous post, disappointed Scotty wasn't into the plan to steal some chicken from that table near us. Let me know if Julie needs some underwater pics for school. Hope it is going well for her teaching the little munchkins.

Just saying, rocks, window shields and rental cars don't get along together. Long story but a rock falling off some truck hit the glass and made a nice little crack in it. Have the insurance company working on it now. Currently in Palm Bay in a hotel. Not much around here but they do have a pool. Now if it stops raining. Will be home tomorrow.

That stinks. Sorry you're going through that CJ. Seems like you have a way with rental cars.

Shut up you bas****. Too many. That damn one in Jacksonville while the one in Charleston popped up as a surprise. That freaked me out a bit.

Got your message. Great finally meeting the clan and enjoyed our couple of hours together. As I mentioned in a previous post, disappointed Scotty wasn't into the plan to steal some chicken from that table near us. Let me know if Julie needs some underwater pics for school. Hope it is going well for her teaching the little munchkins.

I'm presuming from this, there's a back story and/or private joke.

"Hi I'm standing here in the field and we've got lots of families gathered to watch the eclipse. Nearby there is another field where lots of people are trying to make families"
Were they all druids?
she was like we have too long between WDW trips
My missus pulls this trick. Puts the seed in my mind and then tells everyone I'm the disney nut. These women. Enjoy your Xmas trip.
Just saying, rocks, window shields and rental cars don't get along together.
Good tip. Safe travels mate.

Evening centurions. Watching the Mets/Arizona game, as I'm on my jacks tonight, Had a cheeky smoked sirloin sandwich on the way home, which was very good. Work are being complete tools about me leaving, I should really be stepping back and giving stuff away, but they keep piling stuff on my plate to complete before I leave. Gonna start pushing back from Monday. Booked up Asheville, Charleston and Savannah hotels, and we are looking at a rest up in Jekyll island before heading on down to the Poly for 3 days. Have a great evening chaps.

Happy Thursday. Job 1 done for the week. Job 2 tomorrow. Went and signed up for another tennis tournament this weekend. Just doubles for me, and just doubles for youngest dd with a friend from another HS. Maybe i will be able to walk Monday. Anyone placing odds? Never tell me the odds. :lmao:

I guess you don't need the epi-pen, then.

Well, we have a few expired ones here at the house. I'm sure they are still good enough. Since the medicine would have to be padlocked in nurse's office at school, you know, the same nurse who forgot she told us we needed one, i think my plan works better. :sad2:

Not this year. Normally it is me saying we're going but not this year. No Christmas, no Spring Break this cycle. Between not knowing when we can see DD and recovering from wedding a bit just not in the cards.

ok. I read what you said. When DW says this to me and i tell her there isn't money in budget, we go anyway and i have to figure out how to pay for it. Glad you have some say at your house. :lmao:

Top O the Mornin Dads! One should not be the last to post for the day and first to post on the next day.................................

::yes::

Sorry to hear about the car. It's annoying. I might have enjoyed the apocalypse more at the beach, but i enjoy most anything more at the beach.

According to :yoda:

Unusual it is

Not much posting here lately, is there?

::yes::

I'm presuming from this, there's a back story and/or private joke.

CJ doesn't like bridges. He lived in New York before Florida.

Evening centurions. Watching the Mets/Arizona game, as I'm on my jacks tonight, Had a cheeky smoked sirloin sandwich on the way home, which was very good. Work are being complete tools about me leaving, I should really be stepping back and giving stuff away, but they keep piling stuff on my plate to complete before I leave. Gonna start pushing back from Monday. Booked up Asheville, Charleston and Savannah hotels, and we are looking at a rest up in Jekyll island before heading on down to the Poly for 3 days. Have a great evening chaps.

Using those DVC points already? We have done the DVC points at WDW and Vero Beach before in one week long trip - a few days at both - with a less than 2 hour drive between the two. You'll have a bit further drive. When is this trip booked?

Using those DVC points already? We have done the DVC points at WDW and Vero Beach before in one week long trip - a few days at both - with a less than 2 hour drive between the two. You'll have a bit further drive. When is this trip booked?
You betcha. It looks like we are going to roll points for a few years, unless we do a Summer then Xmas double, when we'll catch up. Banked this years points, that'll take care of most of the 3 days in April and then the week in July, and then I'll bank the 2018 points from the balance. On the dates, we head over to Atlanta on the 3rd week of March and looking to head back out of MCO in mid April. There's a Lapu Lapu with your name on it. You coming?

Sorry about the car / travel headaches
Funny. Guess by the end of it, you will be going to Disney Christmas time. One of those, "We are going on a budget" trip.
My missus pulls this trick. Puts the seed in my mind and then tells everyone I'm the disney nut. These women. Enjoy your Xmas trip.
ok. I read what you said. When DW says this to me and i tell her there isn't money in budget, we go anyway and i have to figure out how to pay for it. Glad you have some say at your house. :lmao:
I'm telling yas, ain't happening. We will either end up visiting DD & SIL in DC (more on that later when I have more time) or they will be coming home to see family here so no trip. For those that have not had their daughter's wedding event yet, believe me WDW trips leading up to and/or after the wedding event will be very limited.
Happy Thursday. Job 1 done for the week. Job 2 tomorrow. Went and signed up for another tennis tournament this weekend. Just doubles for me, and just doubles for youngest dd with a friend from another HS. Maybe i will be able to walk Monday. Anyone placing odds? Never tell me the odds. :lmao:
Good luck with the tennis and I'll say 4-1 that you are walking?
You betcha. It looks like we are going to roll points for a few years, unless we do a Summer then Xmas double, when we'll catch up. Banked this years points, that'll take care of most of the 3 days in April and then the week in July, and then I'll bank the 2018 points from the balance. On the dates, we head over to Atlanta on the 3rd week of March and looking to head back out of MCO in mid April. There's a Lapu Lapu with your name on it. You coming?
What are your dates for next July?

Not surprising about work. Reference previous comments about management.

So, you're skipping Atlanta? Was looking forward to meeting you and/or being your tour guide. :sad:

CJ doesn't like bridges. He lived in New York before Florida.

I saw in one of his TRs where he had a view prior to 9/11 and the bad memories from that. I didn't realize there was a bridge thing. Good thing he didn't live in MD near the bay bridge...I'm not afraid of heights or bridges usually, but that one is nerve wracking. I guess the one crossing the gorge in PA is 2nd for me.

That explains why he doesn't go to the lower keys much...long bridges. Not high, but very long.

Just saying, rocks, window shields and rental cars don't get along together. Long story but a rock falling off some truck hit the glass and made a nice little crack in it. Have the insurance company working on it now.
Ouch not fun. Just curious, do you get the rental company insurance? I never have I just use my personal insurance. but I've been told getting the company's is a little easier if something happens like your broken windshield

Not much posting here lately, is there?
Wicked busy with work these days. Only chance I get to spend time with all of you is later in the evening as I head off to bed.

Last edited:
Evening folks. Done work. Off to the west coast for a week. Play nice while I'm gone.

Just saying, rocks, window shields and rental cars don't get along together. Long story but a rock falling off some truck hit the glass and made a nice little crack in it. Have the insurance company working on it now.

Well, that sucks. Hopefully it gets taken care of painlessly.

What are your dates for next July?
I don't know yet mate, but I'm guessing it would be similar to this year, last week July/1st week August.
So, you're skipping Atlanta? Was looking forward to meeting you and/or being your tour guide. :sad:
Yeah, sorry mate. Thought we'd head up to Ashville straight from ATL, get our head down. As we are in so many places, 2 weeks, 2 kids, we are trying to limit the times we are packing/unpacking.
Evening folks. Done work. Off to the west coast for a week. Play nice while I'm gone.
Safe travels mate, enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter