DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Feeling a bit PO'ed tonight with NCL. Some of you may know we booked a cruise for next March on the NCL Escape. It did get changed after the hurricanes and that is understandable. The problem is with them not honouring the contract we have. When we booked, we were given 2 perks, free ultimate beverage package for 2 and the 3rd and 4th passenger free. We knew that DS wanted to bring a friend but the friend needed to confirm a few things first. We were told by NCL that we could add him later. Our TA tried to add him today and was told he could no longer be added for free, the promotion was full and had been ended. It may be full be we have a contract saying we had the add-on to our cruise. Now they don't want to honour it . We weren't happy with with NCL after a previous cruise, if this one happens it will probably be the last with NCL.

That sucks. Refusing to honor a deal is the worst customer service.

You Da Man. I knew I could count on you.

I try to make you proud. :lmao:

Made it home. It was a fun week. Have to go to work tomorrow.

Thanks. We don't mind Carnival, sailed with them 3 times. This one will be on the Vista, still leaving from Miami, just a day later.

DW wants to do a cruise. She did Carnival with her friends. Me, i like staying here in the USA.

#@$% NCL! Looks like that cruise will be cancelled and we will be booking with Carnival. That's two strikes for NCL and they're out!

Wait. Just to be clear. Did you cancel on them because something else happened? Or did they cancel that cruise?

Total Bollocks. Especially the knobhead that called the meeting.
Thats the most British phrase I've seen on the boards. :worship:

Morning Brethren, from a pleasant London. Watched Casper and Frankenweenie last night with the kids. Good night just curled up in the garden. Proper family time.

That's two strikes for NCL and they're out!
Fight the power, brother.

Steak Fajitas tonight, so all good. Tough night for the Cubbies. Norm, hope your holiday comedown isn't too bad. Have a great day fellas, all the best.

Morning Men.

Relatively mild but cloudy morning up here today. No big plans on the docket, just a quiet day for the most part.

DW wants to do a cruise. She did Carnival with her friends. Me, i like staying here in the USA.

You could always cruise to San Juan and the US Virgin Islands.

Wait. Just to be clear. Did you cancel on them because something else happened? Or did they cancel that cruise?

No we cancelled the cruise with them because of their refusal to honour the deal we had. We had cruised with NCL once before and found them to be lacking in many areas. The was us trying to give them another shot but that will not happen ever again.

Steak Fajitas tonight, so all good. Tough night for the Cubbies. Norm, hope your holiday comedown isn't too bad. Have a great day fellas, all the best.

Had chicken fajitas last night but no movie in the backyard. We did have a bottle of wine with some friends though.

There is no joy in Gatorville today. Another tough loss with the dreaded Bulldogs coming up after an open date. I imagine more calls for firing Mac and all the coaches. Hard to win with over 25% of your scholarship players either suspended or injured. Dolphins today at 1:00. Oh goody.

#@$% NCL! Looks like that cruise will be cancelled and we will be booking with Carnival. That's two strikes for NCL and they're out!

Guess they don't want you business. The next cruise I hope to take will be on Royal Caribbean. Disney get too expensive and I heard good things about RCCL. Don't know when that is going to happen but hopefully this year.

I try to make you proud. :lmao:

I knew I could count on you.

Glad you made it safely back.

Thats the most British phrase I've seen on the boards. :worship:

I am pretty fluent in British.

Steak Fajitas tonight, so all good.

I think I am making chili.

Relatively mild but cloudy morning up here today. No big plans on the docket, just a quiet day for the most part.

Warm, a little humid down here with lots of sun. Other than some football, I'm supposed to clean out the pantry today. The life of a Jetsetter.

Morning gents. No snow on the ground this morning, so I'm calling that a win.
Gonna take it easy-ish today until work this afternoon.
We'll see how successful I am.

No we cancelled the cruise with them because of their refusal to honour the deal we had. We had cruised with NCL once before and found them to be lacking in many areas. The was us trying to give them another shot but that will not happen ever again.

Okay, got it. That sucks, but totally understand your position.
I wonder though. Are the cruise lines making so much money that they just don't care that much anymore?

Happy Sunday. It is a cold, rainy day here. What happened to that sunny beach weather last week? Oh yeah, it's still at the beach.

Normal 8 hour day. Able to get done what i expected to, although there was a surprise email about a huge amount of work i knew nothing about. I'll have an in person conversation as opposed to email war.

You could always cruise to San Juan and the US Virgin Islands.

Didn't Trump talk to the President of US Virgin Islands on phone according to Facebook? :lmao:

I didn't know they exclusive sailed there. I'd be tempted to find a trip to fly to Disneyland and then cruise to Hawaii. That would be fun.

Okay, got it. That sucks, but totally understand your position.
I wonder though. Are the cruise lines making so much money that they just don't care that much anymore?

Not sure any large cooperation cares anymore as they are all making so much money. I doubt the government could help much, but it was nice when they had to pay a bigger % in taxes as opposed to me paying them.

Didn't Trump talk to the President of US Virgin Islands on phone according to Facebook? :lmao:

I didn't know they exclusive sailed there. I'd be tempted to find a trip to fly to Disneyland and then cruise to Hawaii. That would be fun.

I hear it was the best conversation ever.

Morning Guys,

weird morning here today. Woke up a around 6 am and it was close to 70F but started to fall and we now at about 60 headed to 50. Welcome to Fall in NB.

Never has a conversation gone this well. Many people have said how well this conversation went. Believe me.

He was a great guy, really great guy.

Morning Guys,
weird morning here today. Woke up a around 6 am and it was close to 70F but started to fall and we now at about 60 headed to 50. Welcome to Fall in NB.
At least you started out warm. Here in GA, was 55 (13C) this morning. Given we've had 80(27) & 90(32) degree days, this was downright chilly.

'Morning all...
Stormy Monday: a great tune and the current weather report.
Think I'd rather hear the song.

Nice weekend at least.
Good trip up into the mountains (if a might on the warm side)
An stellar performance by the musicians (as usual)
A win for the Catamounts (more of an ETSU debacle really).
And a chance to take my young'en out for some grub and conversation.
Worth the drive.

Apparently they just don't want your business.

Actually, of the various lines cursing out of the US, I hear the most complaints being directed toward NCL.
Often it niggly stuff and general frustrations, but it's almost consistent.
It's usually something like: well, it was nice enough, but...

Not good enough for that kind of coin.

Glad you had a great trip.
Sorry about the Monday; tried to have it canceled, but I just couldn't call in enough favors to pull it off.

You don't have to ever get off the ship if you don't want.
Then it's pretty much a US inclusive resort (that just happens to be moving)...
drink, eat, drink, eat some more, drink some more and relax.

Never has a conversation gone this well. Many people have said how well this conversation went. Believe me.
Yeah...
'bout sums it up.

I'm going to just go over to that dark corner, hang my head and sob for a bit.
I'll be back later.

Apparently they just don't want your business.

Actually, of the various lines cursing out of the US, I hear the most complaints being directed toward NCL.
Often it niggly stuff and general frustrations, but it's almost consistent.
It's usually something like: well, it was nice enough, but...

Not good enough for that kind of coin.

That's exactly what we said after our first NCL, it was nice enough, but...

We were looking forward to see if a newer ship and a couple of years would change anything but apparently not.

Oh well, we are booked on the Carnival Vista and they have never done us wrong. Still get a new ship and warm weather in March, should be a good time.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DD & SIL head out later this afternoon to DC for the next milestone in their journey. The move into their new place Wednesday so happy for them to get a bit settled in one place for a bit though we all wish it was more local. Cubs sure did put a bit of a damper on the weekend though. Everybody can second guess the manager all they want about pitching moves but bottom line is they just aren't hitting, team average under .200 in the playoffs and just a bad whole team slump. As a life long Cubs fan just can't complain too much though as over the past 3 seasons this is their 3rd NLCS in a row, with a WS championship and 300 regular season wins - Cub fans, remember what it was like before this run? Have a good week guys.
Morning boys from a Sunny London.
Cinema in the garden tonight with Hot Dogs, Popcorn and S'mores over the fire Pit. A really British experience. My kids picked it. We might as well relocate and cut out the usurious charges for Graham Crackers.
Sounds like a great time with the family and come on over, love to have you here.
Another weekend of the best sport in the world, college football. Some interesting games on today and it all started last night with the Cuse upsetting Clemson. Was born in Syracuse and always have a soft spot for the Orangemen. Gators are on tonight. Bit concerned about this one, no-one except Vegas is picking us to win. Fingers crossed.
Sorry about your Gators, been that kind of a season for a lot of college teams.
Thanks. We don't mind Carnival, sailed with them 3 times. This one will be on the Vista, still leaving from Miami, just a day later.
Sorry about the BS with NCL good to see ya told them to shove it.
Hope your transition back to the grind goes smooth. Did you shout out on your way home? Didn't hear ya.
Dolphins Win? What had happened?
And the Bears? What is happening in the world?(although the Bears did their level best to balls it up)
Oh the Humanity, cats and dogs living in harmony .......................
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
'Morning all...
Stormy Monday: a great tune and the current weather report.
Think I'd rather hear the song.

Nice weekend at least.
Good trip up into the mountains (if a might on the warm side)
An stellar performance by the musicians (as usual)
A win for the Catamounts (more of an ETSU debacle really).
And a chance to take my young'en out for some grub and conversation.
Worth the drive.
Glad you had a good trip and seeing the kids is always a good time. Think we are in the same boat as you and CJ in that we don;t get to see 'em as much anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter