DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! DD & SIL head out later this afternoon to DC for the next milestone in their journey. The move into their new place Wednesday so happy for them to get a bit settled in one place for a bit though we all wish it was more local. Cubs sure did put a bit of a damper on the weekend though. Everybody can second guess the manager all they want about pitching moves but bottom line is they just aren't hitting, team average under .200 in the playoffs and just a bad whole team slump. As a life long Cubs fan just can't complain too much though as over the past 3 seasons this is their 3rd NLCS in a row, with a WS championship and 300 regular season wins - Cub fans, remember what it was like before this run? Have a good week guys.
I do, very much remember, although I've tried unsuccessfully to forget. ;)
To be honest, although I want us to do WS back to back, I honestly feel the Dodgers are the better team. I realize season record isn't necessarily who will be in series, but I've been thinking Dodgers/Astros all season. Most definitely our hitting (lack thereof) is killing us now, but then again pitchers self destructing doesn't help either. On another thread I've mentioned how there is NO DEFENSE against a walk and multiple walks have hurt us many times.

Sorry about the BS with NCL good to see ya told them to shove it.
We went on RC last year and DW liked it. I, in retrospect would have preferred if we'd done an all inclusive resort instead.
All inclusive would have been cheaper
All inclusive would have been more time for excursions and relax time
All inclusive would have allowed us to schedule what we wanted when we wanted easier
(there are a lot of activities on the cruise, but I kept finding either I wanted to do 2 or more things at the same time or finding nothing interesting for a time slot)
I'd heard a lot about how wonderful the food is and so I guess I had my bar set too high. It was good, but not fabulous
All inclusive is really all inclusive vs. cruise seems to charge extra for quite a bit

Not saying I won't do a cruise again, but considering what I spent, it wasn't all I'd hoped.

Good Monday morning gents. Hope you all had a good weekend. I got out for a little hike on Saturday. Couldn't get anyone (DW or DDs) to come with me so I just went out myself and had a lovely time. Say what you will about fall weather, but I enjoy the crisp air and love it when the leaves change colour. Thought I would share a few pictures. It's not the beach or WDW, but it does have a beauty all on it's own.

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

That's exactly what we said after our first NCL, it was nice enough, but...

We were looking forward to see if a newer ship and a couple of years would change anything but apparently not.

Oh well, we are booked on the Carnival Vista and they have never done us wrong. Still get a new ship and warm weather in March, should be a good time.
I have never done a cruise so I can't debate one line vs the other, but I'm sure it will be enjoyable. Can't really turn down warm weather in March.

We went on RC last year and DW liked it. I, in retrospect would have preferred if we'd done an all inclusive resort instead.
All inclusive would have been cheaper
All inclusive would have been more time for excursions and relax time
All inclusive would have allowed us to schedule what we wanted when we wanted easier
(there are a lot of activities on the cruise, but I kept finding either I wanted to do 2 or more things at the same time or finding nothing interesting for a time slot)
I'd heard a lot about how wonderful the food is and so I guess I had my bar set too high. It was good, but not fabulous
All inclusive is really all inclusive vs. cruise seems to charge extra for quite a bit

Not saying I won't do a cruise again, but considering what I spent, it wasn't all I'd hoped.
The problem I had with the all inclusive thing was self-control, or my lack thereof. Ate way too much and burned too few calories sitting around on the beach. Perhaps a cruise is similar though. Not to say I didn't enjoy eating and drinking all week on a beach in the Caribbean, I did but not something I can do often.

They scored more points than the other team. Are you really that confused about the NFL? :lmao:

I understand the scoring more points than the other team part, where I am confused is the Dolphins actually scoring more points.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DD & SIL head out later this afternoon to DC for the next milestone in their journey. The move into their new place Wednesday so happy for them to get a bit settled in one place for a bit though we all wish it was more local.

Best of luck to the young couple.

Good Monday morning gents. Hope you all had a good weekend. I got out for a little hike on Saturday. Couldn't get anyone (DW or DDs) to come with me so I just went out myself and had a lovely time. Say what you will about fall weather, but I enjoy the crisp air and love it when the leaves change colour. Thought I would share a few pictures. It's not the beach or WDW, but it does have a beauty all on it's own.

Beautiful shots. I miss the change of seasons up north, just not raking the leaves.

The problem I had with the all inclusive thing was self-control, or my lack thereof. Ate way too much and burned too few calories sitting around on the beach. Perhaps a cruise is similar though. Not to say I didn't enjoy eating and drinking all week on a beach in the Caribbean, I did but not something I can do often.

Done both and enjoyed both. I love just watching the water roll by on a ship and the (hopefully) slight movement really helps me sleep. So I guess if I had to choose one, it would be a cruise.

View attachment 277328

Nice pics. I bet that river is something to see in the spring.

I understand the scoring more points than the other team part, where I am confused is the Dolphins actually scoring more points.

I think the Dolphins used their point allotment for the next couple of games.

View attachment 277328

View attachment 277329

View attachment 277330

View attachment 277331

beautiful

I hear it was the best conversation ever.

::yes:: :rotfl:

Never has a conversation gone this well. Many people have said how well this conversation went. Believe me.

:lmao:

Morning Guys,

weird morning here today. Woke up a around 6 am and it was close to 70F but started to fall and we now at about 60 headed

47 degrees this AM, with a high of 64. I'm ready to go back to Florida.

You don't have to ever get off the ship if you don't want.
Then it's pretty much a US inclusive resort (that just happens to be moving)...
drink, eat, drink, eat some more, drink some more and relax.

Yes, she wants to do one of those inclusive resorts as well. I told her i thought that was WDW. She said no as it had to be on an island and include food.

Hope your transition back to the grind goes smooth. Did you shout out on your way home? Didn't hear ya.

Shouted and honked. The car next to me heard it and said i was #1. :lmao:

Well, on the radio, one of our KY elected officials said there is a solution for the retirement system, and they just need the Governor to call a special session. They have been meeting behind closed doors for awhile, so they must have thr votes to screw out the most people. Just waiting to see what happens and then decide if it is time move.

Nice pictures. I'm with you on no self-control. When you add cost, then I'm trying to eat my money's worth. That's a bad combo.

Done both and enjoyed both. I love just watching the water roll by on a ship and the (hopefully) slight movement really helps me sleep. So I guess if I had to choose one, it would be a cruise.

Thought about an indoor hammock for that insomnia? Just put the mattress underneath to prevent falls.

Cub fans, remember what it was like before this run?
Yep, but at least no-one questioned why I followed them, they were as bad as the bears, the Knicks and West Ham. Now I just look like a glory hunter whose been following baseball since last year.
He was a great guy, really great guy.
For a foreigner.
Oh goody.
I can't read this without Scar's voice in my head.
And a chance to take my young'en out for some grub and conversation.
Worth the drive.
Well that sounds cool, glad you had a good time.
It's not the beach or WDW, but it does have a beauty all on it's own.
It certainly does mate. Nice job. How's the job going? Do you miss the old one?
She said no as it had to be on an island and include food
Kona Island? It's worth a try.....

Evening boys from the mother country. Put in a few external sockets today for the halloween extravaganza and then rolling into Xmas. Almost there noon the halloween props. Caught up on the Clemson Syracuse game, about halfway. Have a great evening chaps.

Yep, but at least no-one questioned why I followed them, they were as bad as the bears, the Knicks and West Ham. Now I just look like a glory hunter whose been following baseball since last year.
I get that all the time too...then I have to explain I've been a Cubs fan since I was 9 years old. At least I don't have that problem with the Dolphins. ;)

I can't read this without Scar's voice in my head.
I'm surrounded by idiots?

Evening boys from the mother country. Put in a few external sockets today for the halloween extravaganza and then rolling into Xmas. Almost there noon the halloween props. Caught up on the Clemson Syracuse game, about halfway. Have a great evening chaps.

Busy SAHD. Don't wear yourself out with all that work. :sad2:

took previous post twice...oops

Otherwise known as post padding. No need to oops.

It was a lot more fun back in the day when we kept the stats. You could reply to yourself and really run up your post count. I remember posting a play by play commentary on an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger once.

We tried to claim page ownage, super page ownage, last word (post) in the thread, and we closed a thread on Feb 29 leap year by having everyone constantly post. The fun times. The moderators finally gave us our own sub-forum to try and contain us.

Wow, nice photos. Thanks for posting. Where is that, exactly?

Beautiful shots. I miss the change of seasons up north, just not raking the leaves.

My dad had a foolproof system for taking care of the leaves. He cut his lawn shorter than everybody else's so the wind would blow the leaves into their yards.:thumbsup2

Well, on the radio, one of our KY elected officials said there is a solution for the retirement system, and they just need the Governor to call a special session. They have been meeting behind closed doors for awhile, so they must have thr votes to screw out the most people. Just waiting to see what happens and then decide if it is time move.

Oh, joy. Hope it's not too painful.

Otherwise known as post padding. No need to oops.

It was a lot more fun back in the day when we kept the stats. You could reply to yourself and really run up your post count. I remember posting a play by play commentary on an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger once.

We tried to claim page ownage, super page ownage, last word (post) in the thread, and we closed a thread on Feb 29 leap year by having everyone constantly post. The fun times. The moderators finally gave us our own sub-forum to try and contain us.

Ah, the good old days. Simpler times.

Happy Tuesday. Get the week on campus. Since it is in the 50s & 60s, the tight, short sweaters and yoga pants are the trend now. I found a few reasons to be thankful for fall weather. :lmao:

My dad had a foolproof system for taking care of the leaves. He cut his lawn shorter than everybody else's so the wind would blow the leaves into their yards.

Genius. I cut my grass the shortest on the block. That way, when i skip a week, it is almost as high as the neighbors and no one will notice.

As for the other, I don't rake my leaves, just cut then up with the lawn mower.

Last edited:
40 Degrees here this morning leaving for work. Despite the temps I think I'm gonna watch the Cubs from outside tonight to enjoy the chill as if I were there as well as to smoke a cigar as there could be fewer chances to enjoy watching a game outdoors.
I do, very much remember, although I've tried unsuccessfully to forget. ;)
To be honest, although I want us to do WS back to back, I honestly feel the Dodgers are the better team. I realize season record isn't necessarily who will be in series, but I've been thinking Dodgers/Astros all season. Most definitely our hitting (lack thereof) is killing us now, but then again pitchers self destructing doesn't help either. On another thread I've mentioned how there is NO DEFENSE against a walk and multiple walks have hurt us many times.
Good point about the walks been screaming at the tv, like they can hear me, to juts throw strikes.

View attachment 277328

View attachment 277329

View attachment 277330

View attachment 277331
Great pics, real pretty, thanks for sharing. So was best part the outdoors or the outdoors without, you know, the rest of the crowd?
Best of luck to the young couple.
Thanks. They arrived safe and sound and just received a pic of their first home.
Shouted and honked. The car next to me heard it and said i was #1. :lmao:
So that was you? :D

40 Degrees here this morning leaving for work. Despite the temps I think I'm gonna watch the Cubs from outside tonight to enjoy the chill as if I were there as well as to smoke a cigar as there could be fewer chances to enjoy watching a game outdoors.
::yes:: me too.
Just like the series last year, I was yelling at Chapman to throw SOMETHING/ANYTHING other than a fastball. I don't care how good your fastball is, eventually they'll tee off on it (and they did).

People are telling me I'm #1 all the time.

Kinda like another one I like....I never get lost, people always tell me where to go.

Leaf blower. bye bye.
Neighbour might not be thrilled though.

Probably not. It could be worse though with mulched up leaves blown in your general direction. :lmao:

40 Degrees here this morning leaving for work.

::yes::

And i agree, way too cold. Good luck watching Cubs in the cold, and enjoy the cigar.

::yes::

Kinda like another one I like....I never get lost, people always tell me where to go.

:lmao:

How's the job going? Do you miss the old one?
The new job is still challenging but calming down a little. I guess I'm getting used to it. I do miss the longer stretch of downtime when I'm home - the weekends go by way too fast. But at least I'm with my family every night. I don't miss spending two days a month in airports. But kind of miss seeing other parts of the world. Overall can I say I'm happier?...I don't know honestly. Maybe in time I'll figure that out.

Wow, nice photos. Thanks for posting. Where is that, exactly?
About 15 minutes drive from my house. It's a local park called Manuels River, really interesting from a geology perspective. The lower trail towards the coast has shale and trilobite fossils. The upper part with the falls is granite. So you get a transition from basement to sedimentary layers. Yeah, ok, I can hear you. That probably means a lot more to a geologist. Anyway, website if anyone is interested.

http://manuelsriver.com/

So was best part the outdoors or the outdoors without, you know, the rest of the crowd?
A bit of both if I'm being honest. It would have been nice to have some company, but at least I could go at my own pace. I got farther than usual when I have "company". I had never gone as far as the upper falls on that trail.

Morning gents.
Temps warm enough for biking, but forecast 60mph winds put the kybosh on that thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!